Bonne Bell Lip Lix

No Image

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

I bought 2 of these lip balms many years ago when they first came out & I fell in love with them. After forgetting about them, I recently rediscovered an unopened one in the bottom of my makeup drawer & fell in love with the Lip Lix product all over again. This is the original product, in the Chapstick type tube. I have never used the more recent, updated Lip Lix gloss. I adore this product so much that I have spent a good amount of time searching for it on the internet since it has been discontinued. A few days ago I found some on eBay, sold as a grouping of 9 different shades & snatched them up (for $13.00!!) A few of the tubes are a bit sticky, due to age I assume but, most are still soft & buttery. Out of the 9 neutral shades, there is only 1 that I don't care for as it is a very pale, almost grey color that isn't flattering on me. They don't seem to have much flavor to them but, that's fine as I am only concerned about the color & feel of the product. I use these every day whether as a base for my lipsticks, lip liners, gloss or just by themselves. These are one of my favorite cosmetic purchases ever & they are cheap!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used this a lot in the Espresso shade/flavor. It's a nice neutral plummy brown tint, lightweight and moisturizing.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have the old formula, since I've had it for about 4 years now. I have it in Rhythm & Bluesberry. It has a frosty purplish blue, but goes on sheer. I LOVE the blueberry flavor, and I use it so rarely, I will probably have it for 4 more years.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Why didn't I discover these sooner. I remember these being out in the late 90s by the bundle. Back then, I bought the Last Strawberry (a frosty neutral meduim pink) and Macho Mocha (a nude pinky brown shade). Though, I wasn't crazy about the sheerness back then, I didn't go back to buy any more colors.

Now, I've rediscovered them and kicked myself for not buying more when they still existed.

Now there are newer Lip Lix, in thinner tubes. Though I have bought the new Last Strawberry and I Scream, they just don't compare to the old ones. Maybe I'm not used to the packaging. It would be nice if they brough back more of the older scents/colors.

on 5/4/2003 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Interesting that they repackaged these from the old standard fat regular lip balm tube to the new slimline keychain wearable tube. More portable, and easier to apply. Hum. I think I'm old fashioned enough to want the old tubes back! Neat product nevertheless. Nice scents and shimmer color!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

yay, lip lix are back! i *just* found these again tonight. i don't know if they were just re-released or i'm late to the party, but either way, i am *sooo* happy to see them! the packaging is newer - instead of a tube like the lipsmackers or a traditional balm, it's in a thin tube (like the almay lip tints). same awesome flavor, same great sheer coverage and yummy scents. these are absolutely delish - i need to find one in 'milk shake it up' now - the best one ever :) this is a great oldschool find, and i'm falling in love again!