Bonne Bell Lip Lix

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/26/2009 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this product in Be Berry Happy. The product says "Moisture + Shine + Tint". The color on my lips is very sheer, with some shine, and very slight pink tint.

PROS: Smells fabulous. Very inexpensive.
CONS: I wish the tube weren't so small. Not very moisturizing, and tint is barely noticeable.

Overall, I won't be repurchasing. :(

on 1/18/2008 10:40:00 AM

PROS: moisturizing, has a hint of color

CONS: the flavor i have is hotfudge sundae but it doesn't have that taste, taste more of a lipstick!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I remember having these in middle school - a vanilla one (forget the name), Cant-Elope (?), Choc-It-Up (which my sister stole), and my favorite, Gettin' Punchy (smelled JUST like Hawaiian Punch, but looked bad on me!). A LOT of those colors were pretty much flavored lipstick! I was sad when they were discontinued...

However when they sorta "came back," I decided to give them a try. I was hoping they'd bring back Gettin' Punchy (ya know, for nostalgia value, haha), but I DID get to try Espress-Yo-Self, one that I had been meaning to get but never got. I really don't like the thin incarnation of them now, but I love how sheer the color is on them.

the last strawberry is so pretty and smells really good. i just wish the bigger tubes were still around bc it doesnt seem to last very long now.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used this a lot in the Espresso shade/flavor. It's a nice neutral plummy brown tint, lightweight and moisturizing.

on 2/14/2004 2:47:00 AM

I had the old ones in Gimme S'more a shimmery medium beige (which was my HG nude lippie), and Choc-It-Up which was a medium grayed brown that smelled like fudge. The texture was really soft but tended to crumble and melt. Like most Bonne Bell stuff they are just fun stuff to play with but I won't be buying these again. continued >>

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Just like Lip Smackers, only tinier and less tasty. (I have one in Go Berry Wild--it came free with a Lip D'votion.)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Why didn't I discover these sooner. I remember these being out in the late 90s by the bundle. Back then, I bought the Last Strawberry (a frosty neutral meduim pink) and Macho Mocha (a nude pinky brown shade). Though, I wasn't crazy about the sheerness back then, I didn't go back to buy any more colors.

Now, I've rediscovered them and kicked myself for not buying more when they still existed.

Now there are newer Lip Lix, in thinner tubes. Though I have bought the new Last Strawberry and I Scream, they just don't compare to the old ones. Maybe I'm not used to the packaging. It would be nice if they brough back more of the older scents/colors.

on 12/25/2002 10:48:00 PM

I just got this in I Scream (I guess it means: I scream for ice cream?) It really does smell like rich, chocolate ice cream! I love the nude color and the shiny look. It feels moist going on and is such a "no mirror" lipstick. It looks fabulous with clear gloss and a nude/pink liner.