Bonne Bell Lip Lix

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/20/2003 3:06:00 PM

I like these a lot. I use them like I would a regular lip balm. The color is sheer enough that you can apply anytime, anywhere, without need of a mirror. They moisturize like a lip balm, but have a bit of color (MLBB), which is nice for work. I should say I don't like to wear lipstick much and have to keep reapplying, but I do use lip balm all day, so these are a good compromise. I have espresso-yo-self (sheer burgundy/brown), Like U Latte (sheer shimmery nude--probably my favorite), and Last Strawberry (sheer pinkish nude with sparkles). My only complaint with the packaging is that I keep wanting to pull off the bottom part instead of the cap. I don't know why, its like the cap doesn't look like a cap to me, the bottom part that twists up to raise it looks more like a cap.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Why didn't I discover these sooner. I remember these being out in the late 90s by the bundle. Back then, I bought the Last Strawberry (a frosty neutral meduim pink) and Macho Mocha (a nude pinky brown shade). Though, I wasn't crazy about the sheerness back then, I didn't go back to buy any more colors.

Now, I've rediscovered them and kicked myself for not buying more when they still existed.

Now there are newer Lip Lix, in thinner tubes. Though I have bought the new Last Strawberry and I Scream, they just don't compare to the old ones. Maybe I'm not used to the packaging. It would be nice if they brough back more of the older scents/colors.

I have these in I-Scream & Mocha Joke. I'll review MJ since IS has it's own thread.

Color: Sheer, peachy/pink with slight shimmer.

Texture: Thin, creamy & hydrating.

Lasting Power: Lacking.

Scent/Taste: Smells like a fudgesicle.

I love the slim tube. I've been using this constantly. Gives me a shimmery, peachy nude lip. (MMM dk red/green)

on 5/7/2003 1:54:00 AM

I just so happened to pick up 3 of these the other day and remembered I had them in a drawer. I opened the I Scream and the Mocha Joke to test them out. Since I am a loyal user of Jordana lip liners, I reached for my chestnut. These two mixed really well with my lip liner, so much so that I think this is going to be my everyday thing. I did mix both together and thought it was really pretty and nude. I mixed my lip liner and mocha joke with chestnut after dinner and it was really nice. For a long time I have been looking for nudes and bonne bell has been the only one to come through. First with the Lip lites and now with lip lix... I am defiantely not going to waste money on other brand name items, since they are just expensive and disappointing. It seems that the cheaper something is, the more I like it. Not only do I not break my bank, but I love the colors and the textures, so no more of that expensive stuff for me... After all if i get tired of this, which I doubt, I won't feel guilty that I spent 2 days worth of lunch money to get it. These are definately worth a try.

on 1/11/2003 11:08:00 AM

These little jewels are back, freshly repackaged in a sleek thinner tube (a la Almay Lip Tints) but with a bonus cap you can thread a lanyard through (if you are into accessorizing with makeup then run don't walk to get this!).

I know this packaging is aimed at the youth of America but I will overlook that because I love the product! The two flavors/colors I purchased were Espress-yo-self and The Last Strawberry. Taste-wise I didn't gag on either which is a plus-I'm mad about the colors of these babies! Espress-yo-self is a sheer browned plum that delivers a YLBB look and the Last Strawberry is a sheer medium pink shimmer that looks great alone or over a liner like Chanel Nude. continued >>

I bought 2 of these lip balms many years ago when they first came out & I fell in love with them. After forgetting about them, I recently rediscovered an unopened one in the bottom of my makeup drawer & fell in love with the Lip Lix product all over again. This is the original product, in the Chapstick type tube. I have never used the more recent, updated Lip Lix gloss. I adore this product so much that I have spent a good amount of time searching for it on the internet since it has been discontinued. A few days ago I found some on eBay, sold as a grouping of 9 different shades & snatched them up (for $13.00!!) A few of the tubes are a bit sticky, due to age I assume but, most are still soft & buttery. Out of the 9 neutral shades, there is only 1 that I don't care for as it is a very pale, almost grey color that isn't flattering on me. They don't seem to have much flavor to them but, that's fine as I am only concerned about the color & feel of the product. I use these every day whether as a base for my lipsticks, lip liners, gloss or just by themselves. These are one of my favorite cosmetic purchases ever & they are cheap!

on 1/18/2008 10:40:00 AM

PROS: moisturizing, has a hint of color

CONS: the flavor i have is hotfudge sundae but it doesn't have that taste, taste more of a lipstick!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I remember having these in middle school - a vanilla one (forget the name), Cant-Elope (?), Choc-It-Up (which my sister stole), and my favorite, Gettin' Punchy (smelled JUST like Hawaiian Punch, but looked bad on me!). A LOT of those colors were pretty much flavored lipstick! I was sad when they were discontinued...

However when they sorta "came back," I decided to give them a try. I was hoping they'd bring back Gettin' Punchy (ya know, for nostalgia value, haha), but I DID get to try Espress-Yo-Self, one that I had been meaning to get but never got. I really don't like the thin incarnation of them now, but I love how sheer the color is on them.

the last strawberry is so pretty and smells really good. i just wish the bigger tubes were still around bc it doesnt seem to last very long now.

I wish these were big, like in the earlier days of lip lix. I have the "I mint to call you" one, and it reminds me of the Cover Girl gloss my mom used to wear!

I like the fact that it has a subtle pink/beige shimmer, so that you can layer it over glosses, or not pull as much attention to your mouth with smoky eyes, or one of those "I don't feel like wearing makeup" days.

It goes on pretty smooth, but the tube that holds the stick together wasn't set very well, so it slid down to the top and smooshed itself into a beveled point. :(

I would buy it again, if it weren't so popular around here!

Popular Lip Glosses