Bonne Bell Lip Lix

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

Price: $

Price: $

I bought 2 of these lip balms many years ago when they first came out & I fell in love with them. After forgetting about them, I recently rediscovered an unopened one in the bottom of my makeup drawer & fell in love with the Lip Lix product all over again. This is the original product, in the Chapstick type tube. I have never used the more recent, updated Lip Lix gloss. I adore this product so much that I have spent a good amount of time searching for it on the internet since it has been discontinued. A few days ago I found some on eBay, sold as a grouping of 9 different shades & snatched them up (for $13.00!!) A few of the tubes are a bit sticky, due to age I assume but, most are still soft & buttery. Out of the 9 neutral shades, there is only 1 that I don't care for as it is a very pale, almost grey color that isn't flattering on me. They don't seem to have much flavor to them but, that's fine as I am only concerned about the color & feel of the product. I use these every day whether as a base for my lipsticks, lip liners, gloss or just by themselves. These are one of my favorite cosmetic purchases ever & they are cheap!

on 8/12/2007 11:19:00 AM

These were so good! Why did they have to discontinue? This was probably Bonne Bell's best product ever. I really liked how it was a chapstick with the coloring of a lipstick. The tube was like a generic chapstick bottle and it was super moisturizing, had a great scent, and had amazing color that lasts, like a lipstick. Now, I can't find anything quite like this. My favorite shade was Boyz-n-Berry, because the deep purpley-pink, berry shade worked great with my complexion. Plus it tasted great, like berries. What a shame they no longer sell this!!

I have one of th new shades, Be Berry Happy. It has the yummiest smell and leaves lips with a healthly looking fresh pink tint. The only reason why it only gets a 4 is because of the packaging. It's so delicate that the cap always seems like its gonna fall off, and the tubes is so tint that you barely get any gloss. But otherwise, a really moisturizing, simple balm/gloss.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I got this in Choc-It-Up and it's not great. I cannot smell any yumminess. I do like how it moisturizes and the tint, though. It's a caramel-y brown tint. The look of the package is cute too. I wouldn't have bought this if it wasn't on sale.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have the old formula, since I've had it for about 4 years now. I have it in Rhythm & Bluesberry. It has a frosty purplish blue, but goes on sheer. I LOVE the blueberry flavor, and I use it so rarely, I will probably have it for 4 more years.

on 5/4/2003 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Interesting that they repackaged these from the old standard fat regular lip balm tube to the new slimline keychain wearable tube. More portable, and easier to apply. Hum. I think I'm old fashioned enough to want the old tubes back! Neat product nevertheless. Nice scents and shimmer color!

on 1/11/2003 11:08:00 AM

These little jewels are back, freshly repackaged in a sleek thinner tube (a la Almay Lip Tints) but with a bonus cap you can thread a lanyard through (if you are into accessorizing with makeup then run don't walk to get this!).

I know this packaging is aimed at the youth of America but I will overlook that because I love the product! The two flavors/colors I purchased were Espress-yo-self and The Last Strawberry. Taste-wise I didn't gag on either which is a plus-I'm mad about the colors of these babies! Espress-yo-self is a sheer browned plum that delivers a YLBB look and the Last Strawberry is a sheer medium pink shimmer that looks great alone or over a liner like Chanel Nude. continued >>

on 12/31/2002 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have MILLIONS of these. I used them throughout high school. Looking back-they weren't really that great at moisturizing-but they were fun and lightly tinted and flavored-they were perfect for me then. My favorite was Watermelon. Mmm