Bonne Bell Lip Lix

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/12/2007 11:19:00 AM

These were so good! Why did they have to discontinue? This was probably Bonne Bell's best product ever. I really liked how it was a chapstick with the coloring of a lipstick. The tube was like a generic chapstick bottle and it was super moisturizing, had a great scent, and had amazing color that lasts, like a lipstick. Now, I can't find anything quite like this. My favorite shade was Boyz-n-Berry, because the deep purpley-pink, berry shade worked great with my complexion. Plus it tasted great, like berries. What a shame they no longer sell this!!

I have this in I Scream. It's the only Lip Lix I've tried and I love it! I love the colour, the smell and the texture. It goes on quite smoothly and on my lips, it's a really nice nude colour. I'll repurchase this if I lose it.

on 10/20/2005 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have these in The Last Strawberry and Express-Yo-Self. I love them both so much. I usually don't run out of any lip product since I have so many I rarely use one enough to finish it. However, I have repurchased these a few times. The slim tubes are easy to handle and don't take up much room in my purse. The formula is very moisturizing and looks great. The strawberry one has a beautiful shimmer, and the expresso one has a really nice, dark tint. Now I want the other shades! I hate being such a makeup addict sometimes, but at least these are cheap!

One minor complaint - I hate the caps. Sometimes they're too loose, fall off in my purse, get cracked, and make a mess everywhere. But I've learned to live with it.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used this a lot in the Espresso shade/flavor. It's a nice neutral plummy brown tint, lightweight and moisturizing.

on 4/12/2004 10:08:00 PM

I have these in The Last Strawberry, I Scream and Mocha Joke. I love them all. Adds a very sheer, pretty color and shine to lips. I think they smell great, although The Last Strawberry tastes less yummy than the others. But I guess that is okay since I do not have a tendency to lick my lips very much. All in all for less than $4.00 these are a great buy. I just wish they had more color variety.

I really like Bonne Bell Liplix, they smell so cute and taste pretty good as well.
Personally, I find the packaging to be pretty cute, and all of my Liplix look so adorable all together on a key chain. I do, however, have a slight problem when I put the cap on, because for whatever reason, part of the lip gloss gets stuck in the cap, causing it to look messy and dirty. On the other hand, this might be because I tend to be a sloppy person and not bother to put the cap on correctly.
The smell is so cute! It's not one of those insanely over powering scents that knock you over, but more of this sweet and innocent scent. The taste is nice, as well, too.
As for my lips, it made them shiny without changing making an extreme change in color, or looking too shiny. They looked shiny and healthy, and not completely covered in junk. They made my lips softer, too.
I buy these every time I go shopping!

on 11/20/2003 3:06:00 PM

I like these a lot. I use them like I would a regular lip balm. The color is sheer enough that you can apply anytime, anywhere, without need of a mirror. They moisturize like a lip balm, but have a bit of color (MLBB), which is nice for work. I should say I don't like to wear lipstick much and have to keep reapplying, but I do use lip balm all day, so these are a good compromise. I have espresso-yo-self (sheer burgundy/brown), Like U Latte (sheer shimmery nude--probably my favorite), and Last Strawberry (sheer pinkish nude with sparkles). My only complaint with the packaging is that I keep wanting to pull off the bottom part instead of the cap. I don't know why, its like the cap doesn't look like a cap to me, the bottom part that twists up to raise it looks more like a cap.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Why didn't I discover these sooner. I remember these being out in the late 90s by the bundle. Back then, I bought the Last Strawberry (a frosty neutral meduim pink) and Macho Mocha (a nude pinky brown shade). Though, I wasn't crazy about the sheerness back then, I didn't go back to buy any more colors.

Now, I've rediscovered them and kicked myself for not buying more when they still existed.

Now there are newer Lip Lix, in thinner tubes. Though I have bought the new Last Strawberry and I Scream, they just don't compare to the old ones. Maybe I'm not used to the packaging. It would be nice if they brough back more of the older scents/colors.

on 7/30/2003 3:13:00 PM

Lip Lix are the greatest lip products ever made! I order directly from Bonne Bell and have a stash of my faves stored in the freezer. Perfect amount of color, moisturizing formula, and taste great. I am a make-up junkie but there is nothing worse than the taste of real lipstick. Lip Lix are easy to carry (like Chapstik) and can be applied without the help of a mirror. Nice! Best flavors/colors are: Espressyoself, Hot Fudge Sundaze, Go Berry Wild, and Grapevine Whine. I have all the others but use them mainly to moisturize my lips before bed. YUM!

I have these in I-Scream & Mocha Joke. I'll review MJ since IS has it's own thread.

Color: Sheer, peachy/pink with slight shimmer.

Texture: Thin, creamy & hydrating.

Lasting Power: Lacking.

Scent/Taste: Smells like a fudgesicle.

I love the slim tube. I've been using this constantly. Gives me a shimmery, peachy nude lip. (MMM dk red/green)