Bonne Bell Lip Lix

No Image

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

There aren't many good shades in this line. They looked tempting in the display case so I decided I needed to have one. Seeing how I love strawberry scented lippies, "the last strawberry" was the obvious choice. It was also the best color out of the small, drab shade selection full of dull mauves, nudes, and roach browns. So I got all excited and bought it, thinking it would smell incredible. It didn't. It smells nothing like strawberries, instead, very much like cherry cough syrup. Cough syrup is definitely revolting, cherry is even more revolting. The color leaves much to be desired, as well. It's this dull, metallic berry sort of shade. Just like bonne bell's flipshades sheer lipstick (long since discontinued) in passion.... fruit... punch or something. something about punch. The shade is exactly the same. I thought the point of liptints were to brighten up your natural lip color. I don't know of anyone who naturally has metallic berry, roach brown, nude, frosty pink, or purple lips. It just doesn't work.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Just like Lip Smackers, only tinier and less tasty. (I have one in Go Berry Wild--it came free with a Lip D'votion.)

on 4/25/2003 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

"Mocha Joke" turned a gross, opaque pink on me. There was nothing mocha about this.

I'm not a big fan of this product. I didn't like the smell and colour. I wouldn't buy this again.

on 5/1/2002 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this in Razz-Ma-Tazz and I don't like it. It makes my lips look bright fuschia!

on 8/26/2009 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this product in Be Berry Happy. The product says "Moisture + Shine + Tint". The color on my lips is very sheer, with some shine, and very slight pink tint.

PROS: Smells fabulous. Very inexpensive.
CONS: I wish the tube weren't so small. Not very moisturizing, and tint is barely noticeable.

Overall, I won't be repurchasing. :(

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I got this in Choc-It-Up and it's not great. I cannot smell any yumminess. I do like how it moisturizes and the tint, though. It's a caramel-y brown tint. The look of the package is cute too. I wouldn't have bought this if it wasn't on sale.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have the old formula, since I've had it for about 4 years now. I have it in Rhythm & Bluesberry. It has a frosty purplish blue, but goes on sheer. I LOVE the blueberry flavor, and I use it so rarely, I will probably have it for 4 more years.

on 2/14/2004 2:47:00 AM

I had the old ones in Gimme S'more a shimmery medium beige (which was my HG nude lippie), and Choc-It-Up which was a medium grayed brown that smelled like fudge. The texture was really soft but tended to crumble and melt. Like most Bonne Bell stuff they are just fun stuff to play with but I won't be buying these again. continued >>

on 10/6/2003 4:48:00 AM

I have this in Glazed & Confused. Turns out to be a grey color. The first time I've ever seen grey lip color. Smells nice but made me look like I was sick. I wouldn't recommend this color unless it's for costume dressup.

Popular Lip Glosses