3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

I bought 2 of these lip balms many years ago when they first came out & I fell in love with them. After forgetting about them, I recently rediscovered an unopened one in the bottom of my makeup drawer & fell in love with the Lip Lix product all over again. This is the original product, in the Chapstick type tube. I have never used the more recent, updated Lip Lix gloss. I adore this product so much that I have spent a good amount of time searching for it on the internet since it has been discontinued. A few days ago I found some on eBay, sold as a grouping of 9 different shades & snatched them up (for $13.00!!) A few of the tubes are a bit sticky, due to age I assume but, most are still soft & buttery. Out of the 9 neutral shades, there is only 1 that I don't care for as it is a very pale, almost grey color that isn't flattering on me. They don't seem to have much flavor to them but, that's fine as I am only concerned about the color & feel of the product. I use these every day whether as a base for my lipsticks, lip liners, gloss or just by themselves. These are one of my favorite cosmetic purchases ever & they are cheap!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3.0

11 years ago

I have this product in Be Berry Happy. The product says "Moisture + Shine + Tint". The color on my lips is very sheer, with some shine, and very slight pink tint. PROS: Smells fabulous. Very inexpensive. CONS: I wish the tube weren't so small. Not very moisturizing, and tint is barely noticeable. Overall, I won't be repurchasing. :(

About reviewer (427 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

12 years ago

PROS: moisturizing, has a hint of color CONS: the flavor i have is hotfudge sundae but it doesn't have that taste, taste more of a lipstick!

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

13 years ago

These were so good! Why did they have to discontinue? This was probably Bonne Bell's best product ever. I really liked how it was a chapstick with the coloring of a lipstick. The tube was like a generic chapstick bottle and it was super moisturizing, had a great scent, and had amazing color that lasts, like a lipstick. Now, I can't find anything quite like this. My favorite shade was Boyz-n-Berry, because the deep purpley-pink, berry shade worked great with my complexion. Plus it tasted great, like berries. What a shame they no longer sell this!!

About reviewer (132 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

EyesBlue

14 years ago

I have this in I Scream. It's the only Lip Lix I've tried and I love it! I love the colour, the smell and the texture. It goes on quite smoothly and on my lips, it's a really nice nude colour. I'll repurchase this if I lose it.

SkinOther, Other

HairBlack

EyesOther

14 years ago

Cute glossy balm thing, I have it in Be Berry Happy. Don't like the packaging - its a bit flimsy. It has a really subtle tint, nice smell and its moisturising. I wouldn't buy it again though, just because I like trying new products =P

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

EyesHazel

14 years ago

I have one of th new shades, Be Berry Happy. It has the yummiest smell and leaves lips with a healthly looking fresh pink tint. The only reason why it only gets a 4 is because of the packaging. It's so delicate that the cap always seems like its gonna fall off, and the tubes is so tint that you barely get any gloss. But otherwise, a really moisturizing, simple balm/gloss.

About reviewer (227 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

14 years ago

I have these in The Last Strawberry and Express-Yo-Self. I love them both so much. I usually don't run out of any lip product since I have so many I rarely use one enough to finish it. However, I have repurchased these a few times. The slim tubes are easy to handle and don't take up much room in my purse. The formula is very moisturizing and looks great. The strawberry one has a beautiful shimmer, and the expresso one has a really nice, dark tint. Now I want the other shades! I hate being such a makeup addict sometimes, but at least these are cheap! One minor complaint - I hate the caps. Sometimes they're too loose, fall off in my purse, get cracked, and make a mess everywhere. But I've learned to live with it.

SkinOily, Medium

15 years ago

I remember having these in middle school - a vanilla one (forget the name), Cant-Elope (?), Choc-It-Up (which my sister stole), and my favorite, Gettin' Punchy (smelled JUST like Hawaiian Punch, but looked bad on me!). A LOT of those colors were pretty much flavored lipstick! I was sad when they were discontinued... However when they sorta "came back," I decided to give them a try. I was hoping they'd bring back Gettin' Punchy (ya know, for nostalgia value, haha), but I DID get to try Espress-Yo-Self, one that I had been meaning to get but never got. I really don't like the thin incarnation of them now, but I love how sheer the color is on them.

About reviewer (209 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

15 years ago

the last strawberry is so pretty and smells really good. i just wish the bigger tubes were still around bc it doesnt seem to last very long now.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium