Bonne Bell Lip Lix

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/18/2008 10:40:00 AM

PROS: moisturizing, has a hint of color

CONS: the flavor i have is hotfudge sundae but it doesn't have that taste, taste more of a lipstick!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I remember having these in middle school - a vanilla one (forget the name), Cant-Elope (?), Choc-It-Up (which my sister stole), and my favorite, Gettin' Punchy (smelled JUST like Hawaiian Punch, but looked bad on me!). A LOT of those colors were pretty much flavored lipstick! I was sad when they were discontinued...

However when they sorta "came back," I decided to give them a try. I was hoping they'd bring back Gettin' Punchy (ya know, for nostalgia value, haha), but I DID get to try Espress-Yo-Self, one that I had been meaning to get but never got. I really don't like the thin incarnation of them now, but I love how sheer the color is on them.

I wish these were big, like in the earlier days of lip lix. I have the "I mint to call you" one, and it reminds me of the Cover Girl gloss my mom used to wear!

I like the fact that it has a subtle pink/beige shimmer, so that you can layer it over glosses, or not pull as much attention to your mouth with smoky eyes, or one of those "I don't feel like wearing makeup" days.

It goes on pretty smooth, but the tube that holds the stick together wasn't set very well, so it slid down to the top and smooshed itself into a beveled point. :(

I would buy it again, if it weren't so popular around here!

on 2/14/2004 2:47:00 AM

I had the old ones in Gimme S'more a shimmery medium beige (which was my HG nude lippie), and Choc-It-Up which was a medium grayed brown that smelled like fudge. The texture was really soft but tended to crumble and melt. Like most Bonne Bell stuff they are just fun stuff to play with but I won't be buying these again. continued >>

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Why didn't I discover these sooner. I remember these being out in the late 90s by the bundle. Back then, I bought the Last Strawberry (a frosty neutral meduim pink) and Macho Mocha (a nude pinky brown shade). Though, I wasn't crazy about the sheerness back then, I didn't go back to buy any more colors.

Now, I've rediscovered them and kicked myself for not buying more when they still existed.

Now there are newer Lip Lix, in thinner tubes. Though I have bought the new Last Strawberry and I Scream, they just don't compare to the old ones. Maybe I'm not used to the packaging. It would be nice if they brough back more of the older scents/colors.

on 10/6/2003 4:48:00 AM

I have this in Glazed & Confused. Turns out to be a grey color. The first time I've ever seen grey lip color. Smells nice but made me look like I was sick. I wouldn't recommend this color unless it's for costume dressup.

on 3/12/2003 12:37:00 AM

These lip lix give some sheer color to the lips, and thank goodness they don't have some awful scent! NOt very good staying power, like most glosses, but it does give a nice wet look to the lips and since they're dirt cheap, they're pretty good :)

on 3/2/2003 3:00:00 PM

I got this as a GWP with a lip d'votion, but I can say that I'd buy it again separately. It's a sheer, creamy lip stick. The texture is what I wanted Almay Pure Tints to be like. Goes on a frosty, smooth YLBB color. Deducted one point for the color, because at this time all the colors were a variation of brown/nude.

on 11/29/2002 8:00:00 AM

I just got Hot Fudge Sundaze and have been eating it off my lips since I got it. Mmm... chocolate wax. Colour is a very sheer brown. I don't really care about the colour, though, I'm all about the sweet sweet artificial flavourings. It's yum, and for the dirt cheap price, well worth it.

Eyes: Violet

A Bonne Bell lipgloss with no staying power? Geez, I'm SHOCKED. Really, though, these aren't THAT terrible (if you don't mind reapplying). The colors are pretty & the flavors are decent. I recommend Milkshake It. A sheer, nude color & no-so-bad smell.