Bonne Bell Lip Lix

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/26/2009 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this product in Be Berry Happy. The product says "Moisture + Shine + Tint". The color on my lips is very sheer, with some shine, and very slight pink tint.

PROS: Smells fabulous. Very inexpensive.
CONS: I wish the tube weren't so small. Not very moisturizing, and tint is barely noticeable.

Overall, I won't be repurchasing. :(

on 1/18/2008 10:40:00 AM

PROS: moisturizing, has a hint of color

CONS: the flavor i have is hotfudge sundae but it doesn't have that taste, taste more of a lipstick!

on 8/12/2007 11:19:00 AM

These were so good! Why did they have to discontinue? This was probably Bonne Bell's best product ever. I really liked how it was a chapstick with the coloring of a lipstick. The tube was like a generic chapstick bottle and it was super moisturizing, had a great scent, and had amazing color that lasts, like a lipstick. Now, I can't find anything quite like this. My favorite shade was Boyz-n-Berry, because the deep purpley-pink, berry shade worked great with my complexion. Plus it tasted great, like berries. What a shame they no longer sell this!!

on 10/20/2005 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have these in The Last Strawberry and Express-Yo-Self. I love them both so much. I usually don't run out of any lip product since I have so many I rarely use one enough to finish it. However, I have repurchased these a few times. The slim tubes are easy to handle and don't take up much room in my purse. The formula is very moisturizing and looks great. The strawberry one has a beautiful shimmer, and the expresso one has a really nice, dark tint. Now I want the other shades! I hate being such a makeup addict sometimes, but at least these are cheap!

One minor complaint - I hate the caps. Sometimes they're too loose, fall off in my purse, get cracked, and make a mess everywhere. But I've learned to live with it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I remember having these in middle school - a vanilla one (forget the name), Cant-Elope (?), Choc-It-Up (which my sister stole), and my favorite, Gettin' Punchy (smelled JUST like Hawaiian Punch, but looked bad on me!). A LOT of those colors were pretty much flavored lipstick! I was sad when they were discontinued...

However when they sorta "came back," I decided to give them a try. I was hoping they'd bring back Gettin' Punchy (ya know, for nostalgia value, haha), but I DID get to try Espress-Yo-Self, one that I had been meaning to get but never got. I really don't like the thin incarnation of them now, but I love how sheer the color is on them.

I wish these were big, like in the earlier days of lip lix. I have the "I mint to call you" one, and it reminds me of the Cover Girl gloss my mom used to wear!

I like the fact that it has a subtle pink/beige shimmer, so that you can layer it over glosses, or not pull as much attention to your mouth with smoky eyes, or one of those "I don't feel like wearing makeup" days.

It goes on pretty smooth, but the tube that holds the stick together wasn't set very well, so it slid down to the top and smooshed itself into a beveled point. :(

I would buy it again, if it weren't so popular around here!

on 4/12/2004 10:08:00 PM

I have these in The Last Strawberry, I Scream and Mocha Joke. I love them all. Adds a very sheer, pretty color and shine to lips. I think they smell great, although The Last Strawberry tastes less yummy than the others. But I guess that is okay since I do not have a tendency to lick my lips very much. All in all for less than $4.00 these are a great buy. I just wish they had more color variety.

on 2/14/2004 2:47:00 AM

I had the old ones in Gimme S'more a shimmery medium beige (which was my HG nude lippie), and Choc-It-Up which was a medium grayed brown that smelled like fudge. The texture was really soft but tended to crumble and melt. Like most Bonne Bell stuff they are just fun stuff to play with but I won't be buying these again. continued >>

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Why didn't I discover these sooner. I remember these being out in the late 90s by the bundle. Back then, I bought the Last Strawberry (a frosty neutral meduim pink) and Macho Mocha (a nude pinky brown shade). Though, I wasn't crazy about the sheerness back then, I didn't go back to buy any more colors.

Now, I've rediscovered them and kicked myself for not buying more when they still existed.

Now there are newer Lip Lix, in thinner tubes. Though I have bought the new Last Strawberry and I Scream, they just don't compare to the old ones. Maybe I'm not used to the packaging. It would be nice if they brough back more of the older scents/colors.

on 10/6/2003 4:48:00 AM

I have this in Glazed & Confused. Turns out to be a grey color. The first time I've ever seen grey lip color. Smells nice but made me look like I was sick. I wouldn't recommend this color unless it's for costume dressup.