Milani Smooth Finish Makeup

Milani Smooth Finish Makeup
Smooth Finish MakeupSmooth Finish Makeup

Not tested on animals

Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Tribehenin, Isostearyl Behenate, Silica, Nylon 12, Tridecyl Trimelitate, Talc, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax (Candelilla), Myristyl Myristate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Trioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Lauroyl Lysine, Fragrance (Parfum), Propylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines

on 5/5/2017 10:01:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really love this foundation. I was unsure to buy it because I have a very very sensitive skin, but so far it hasn't caused any breakouts whatsoever. The finish is veeeery silky and doesn't crease around the eyes or nose. I have some dry patches around my mouth and a super oily nose and I have to say, it does last all day even on those areas. I do use the sponge that came with it and I find it applies better than with a brush. When I feel like having a lighter coverage, I use a moisturizing face mist and buff it a little bit more.
I totally recommend it :)

on 11/30/2016 2:37:00 PM

I like this a lot! I find it to be medium coverage on me and it looks quite flawless. I apply it with a flat topped buffing brush and find that to be the best way for me. Historically, I've never liked the applicators that come with powder foundations so I haven't tried the one that came with this.

This also has brilliant staying power and it didn't break down around my nose or go greasy. It still looks fresh 8 hours later, although I do use a primer and setting spray. Very surprised at this for the price! The only downside is the old lady fragrance which I'm not too keen on.

on 5/5/2016 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Excellent cream foundation for mature skin😊

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like Smooth Finish very much! I do apply it with my fingers. I find that sponges just absorb the makeup, and don't provide an even look. The consistency is silky, and it doesn't cake. It perfects the look of my skin. I just cannot believe that at 60 I'm using a foundation for which I paid under $10! Bravo, Milani!

The compact is nice to have. I was looking for a cream/creme foundation at the time. I've finally decided that maybe they aren't for me. Cream always looks streaky when I use a brush, it's always obvious I'm wearing it, and it budges/does not stay. This wasn't an exception to that. On top of that the coverage is maybe a medium at most. You really can't build this up. I have problems with under eye circles, redness under my nostrils, broken capillaries, darkness at the corners of my mouth, and small spots of acne. This will not cover those and if you try it'll be for a short bit then they'll be showing again.

I left this at a 3 'cause I'm sure someone out there barely needs anything on their skin and they look great. This is perfect for them. I am not one of those people though.

on 10/30/2013 10:20:00 AM

Color: I use Buff, which I think may be the lightest color, and it matches my skin well. Not too dark, too pale or too orange but just right (I guess I'm the Goldilocks of foundation now?). Happily this leans more neutral than pink.

Finish: Medium coverage, as listed on the package, is accurate. I still have to use concealer on spots and undereye. It has a very even looking finish and dries quite quickly. Not so quickly that you can't blend it though, and it doesn't have a powdery/chalky look at all. Looks quite natural and mostly matte.

Texture/Formula: Somewhat creamy but not greasy, and feels very lightweight. I would not say that this is buildable. If you need more coverage, you should probably go elsewhere because if you try to layer this it can look cakey. You know how some foundations just feel like they are weighing down your skin and pores? This doesn't. I forget that it's on. Oil-free is a nice perk. Has not caused any irritation, redness or breakouts on my reactive, sensitive/combination skin.
NOTE: this can be a bear about highlighting dry patches and I would not recommend it for those with dry skin. It consistently emphasizes dry skin I didn't even know I had and brings out flakiness.

Plays Well With Others: Decent. Doesn't reject or overly absorb my bronzer or blush, or cause it to turn odd colored. My concealer sometimes slips off it through, if applied on top, or can roll a bit if I apply this over it.

Longevity: Lasts 8 hours without oxidizing or fading. Can get smeary on oilier areas of skin.

Quantity: One drawback of this is that I hit pan (just a little, but still) after the first week of using it! I guess the compact is pretty shallow, even if it looks big from the outside because of the sponge reservoir underneath.

Price/Packaging: $8.99 is not bad at all. The packaging is typical Milani in look and colors and the compact includes a sponge, the foundation pan and a mirror (typical compact setup these days). Like many cream compacts this one picks up all the lint, eyelash hairs, etc. that float by so it gets a little grody in that way.

I would recommend this to those who with normal skin who like cream-to-powder foundations but not to very dry-skinned or very oily girls. I would give this an overall rating of 3.5 if we could do half scores.

on 2/14/2013 8:47:00 PM

This is my first cream-to-powder foundation so far and I'm very very happy with it. The coverage is surprisingly good, I was expecting light but I'd say it's medium. I don't feel it highlights pores or fine lines and I feel it holds my T-zone pretty decently for 4-6 hours.
Excellent for hot and on-a-hurry days!
I'm NC 25-30 and I've found "Medium Beige" to be a very good match.
Recommend it!
Update - Just a quick add: I've said nothing about the smell before. It's a very unexpected smell of sweet pipe tobacco. It's wierd, but I like it.

I really like the coverage that can be achieved with this foundation. It can be applied with a light or heavy hand, and is buildable as well. I use both 07 and 09 since my skintone falls somewhere in between. I use the flat-top buffer brush to apply as recommended by a previous reviewer. It makes it look much more natural than using the sponge provided, and the product lasts longer as well. My favorite thing about this product is that I DO NOT get "the oilies" at all while wearing it. I used to be addicted to blotting papers to keep my makeup matte, but I don't need to use them anymore. A couple of negatives are that it is scented and that the color will transfer very easily (be careful giving hugs). Fortunately the scent disappears quickly and has not yet irritated my skin. Price can't be beat, especially when CVS has a sale.

on 12/21/2012 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This Milani foundation BURNS my skin. I really love the color, I wish it didn't burn me.

on 11/25/2012 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this compact just to try out and see if I liked it. I was searching for something that I could use on those days I didn't feel like wear liquid foundation but I still needed the coverage. I bought mine in "07-Medium Beige" and have for the most part really enjoyed it. It goes on so smooth and blends very well. The color almost perfectly matches my skin tone, although I noticed that by the end of the day it tends to oxidize and turn either brownish grey color or just grey (which is whatver since it's usually after about 6-8 hrs.) I wouldn't call this a long wearing foundation by any means but it's decent for the price. The packaging is qute bulky and it comes with a mirror and sponge that I replace regularly for sanitary purposes. It does have a flowery scent that fades after time so if you are senstive to scents you may want to skip this one. All in all I'd maybe repurchase because it wasn't that bad.