Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

4.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I really, really, REALLY hate saying this, but...UD eyeshadows are better than MAC eyeshadows. ARGHHH...I SAID IT. THERE.
I still love MAC eyeshadows, but UD eyeshadows are softer and buttery. It's hard to explain, but it's amazing. Like, I swear, there isn't any better eyeshadow out there--this is pure perfection.
That said, Half Baked is so beautiful!
Half Baked is a beautiful shimmery light gold shade with a metallic finish that isn't too frosty. It doesn't sound like it, but this shade is actually very unique. I haven't seen anything like it. Not to compliment myself, but it looks astonishingly beautiful with my dark brown eyes--I can imagine it looking great with any other complexion or eye color too. Basically, it's what I hoped MAC Woodwinked would be. Woodwinked is less golden, more like a golden beige. Both are similar in finish though.
I put Half Baked on the inner half of my upper lid, inner third of my lower lash line, and tear duct (for an eye-popping, bright look), MAC Tempting on the outer lid, then MAC Vanilla on the browbone as a highlight. It's my go-to eyeshadow look, even though I don't wear eyeshadow everyday, or even every week, for that matter.
It also looks fantastic in a golden smokey eye!
The price is rather steep. $18 for a single eyeshadow is kind of ridiculous, but then again, it's Urban Decay. For the undupe-able Half Baked, though, it's definitely worth it.
Would I repurchase? Definitely.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a beautiful colour, I'm NC25 with Dark Brown Eyes and It really opens up my eyes and blends so well. It's very pigmented and is a really well-rounded colour, I've used it as a Highlight on my cheeks and it makes my whole face light up.

on 11/10/2011 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

My first and only gold coloured eyeshadow and I love it! Its highly pigmented and with a tiny amount you can create an entire opaque gold eyelid lyk in ads! I luv doing smokey eyes with this and Smog from UD...It really suits brown skin tones (NC 43/ BB Honey) and lasts long even on oily lids.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Love this color- it works so well with my complexion. (I've got tan, Filipino skin.) Its a nice medium brown color with just the right amount of shimmer. I wear it all over my eyelid with MAC Embark in the crease. <3

on 6/2/2008 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

half baked is your quintessential gold shadow... its one that everyone should have in their makeup bag..

it is the perfect shade of gold... the right amount of shimmer with great pigmentation... just a very subtle, slight hint of peach to it... not glittery at all.. it can be used in gold looks, can be used as a wash, as a highlighter on your brow bone, or even a highlighter on your cheeks if youre going for a bronze sunkissed look..

it is the gold shadow i reach for most in my makeup collection, and between all the shadows (various brands) and mac pigments, i have a crap ton of gold colors to choose from... definitely a staple in my collection

I am a huge fan of Urban Decay shadows; I think they are wonderful for fun, bold colors and their pigmentation is incredible, although the colors can be pleasantly, albeit surprisingly, deceptive.

I am Asian and have fair skin during the cooler seasons and can get absurdly tan during the summer months. This shade is wearable all year, and even though some might be leery of the glitter in the packaging, Half Baked goes on with a surprising satin-y cream-like finish. The color is a beige-y gold, similar to champagne but with a hint of yellow. It's a very good compliment my dark brown/black eyes, and looks great for a slightly-more-than-subtle natural look.

What I think is the greatest thing about this eyeshadow is that the color makes my eyes pop just enough so that they're noticeable but not enough to make it look like I was an extra in some horrible movie involving roller skates and a discoball. Because of my skin tone, eye and brow color, AND the fact that I have barely any lid (I do have a little bit, probably more than most Chinese/Japanese girls), finding a pretty neutral is hard to come by, but this color is amazing, and looks great when paired with practically any color you may want to use for crease definition.