Urban Decay Half Baked

Urban Decay Half Baked
Half BakedHalf BakedUrban Decay Baked eyeshadowHalf Baked

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my only shimmer single eyeshadow. The urban decay shimmer formula is to die for, very rich, metallic, and creamy. This shade is gold with no orange, peach, brown, or green tones. I haven't been able to find a dupe. It's a great lid colour for brightening on me (NC25-30). Pairs well with warm browns but also rose/lilac type shades.

on 3/6/2017 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this because Benefit was out of Fawn Over Me, the goldish bronze single I initially went in for. I decided to try this instead because I've heard good things about UD eyeshadows and had always eyed this color, which is the color family I always wear.

I'm warm-toned and pale, with overall dry skin.

For me, this eyeshadow is very meh, and the quality is lacking for the price. This was a very poor substitute for Fawn Over Me, which sweeps on so smooth it's almost like a cream shadow. By comparison, this applies patchy and takes more strokes to apply evenly. It is also much more expensive for the amount of product. I've hit pan after just a few months of occasional wear. I think this is a workable warm-toned color in a palette but really don't think it's worth $20 for a single.

on 6/24/2015 12:01:00 AM

Okay so I don't think I included everything I needed to when I last reviewed this product.... So this is an update. This eyeshadow is okay. If I set my primer before applying it the color looks quite nice. I initially didn't like this because it looked like a chunky eyeshadow and was patchy. But that's only when I put it directly on primer without setting it. I've haven't had any issues with my other UD eyeshadows looking patchy. But still, even tho I found a way to make this work, I still don't find anything impressive about it. It's not the most pigmented gold I've used and there are much better gold eyeshadows out there. The quality is just meh... I just wish it wasn't as chunky

on 4/19/2015 8:03:00 PM

One of my favorite urban decay shadows. Can not put this down in the summer when I'm tan. So beautiful

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I've had this eyeshadow tucked away in my makeup drawer simply because I haven't got any time to do my eyes before work. Out of curiosity today I decided to use it as a highlighter. WOW! Looks beautiful on my medium-tan complexion. Normally, highlighters make me look greasy and shiny (I have oily skin) but not this one. Though it is intended for eye application, looks fab applied as a highlighter!

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love this eyeshadow. It suits me well, it's awesome to apply and I love to use it. The only reason I would not rebuy this is because I have been using this single shadow since high school and I still have about 6+ months of constant usage before it will be completely used up. It's been at least five years of using this on and off and it's still here. As much as this could be considered a positive tribute, I like to be able to use things up in a reasonable time.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love the texture and pigmentation, but Half Baked is too orange for me. I don't like the way I look in coppers (not dark brown copper but brighter penny shades). This is way way warmer than a newly minted penny to me. I can probably pull it off but I dont like it. Still giving it a 3 since the formula rocks and more golden fair skin tones probably would love it, and I can see it being universally appealing on warmer and darker shades.

I have this shadow in the naked 2 palette and I'm aware it is in the original naked palette as well. it's so pigmented and gorgeous!! it is $18 singularly which is a price I wouldn't pay for one eyeshadow, but since its a palette, I love it so much!! recommend because it flatters many skin times and it's a beautiful gold :)

on 10/13/2013 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

WOW! this product is well loved and I am sorry it took me soooooo long to find it as it's the most beautiful shade which I think would work on just about every skin tone. I have long searched for that goldey/taupey/natural sun kissed eye shadow look and this is it!!! I am thrilled to join the ranks of Half-Baked fans and lend my support, money and enthusiasm to this eye shadow.

on 6/17/2013 12:51:00 PM

As an opener I thought I'd tell you that I'm obsessed with Golds, Bronze, and Tawney colors. I collect them like a mad woman, and stock pile them when I get the chance. I'm an NC1 in MAC, or NC20 depending on which foundation I use, with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. My eyes are my shinning feature, with my abnormally long lashes, they are big and have been dubbed ' luminous', so I play them up most often with golds.

I got Half-baked in my naked palette, and find it interesting that the single and the Naked Palette one look almost a bit different. It might be me but the the single looks like it has a bit more of an orangey bronze to it, while half-baked in the palette looks more golden. However I find that Half-baked does swatch a tad bit orange based on my hand, but on my eyes it evens out to a bronze tone. Honestly, don't be put off by the shade if you think it swatches too orange. It is blendable, and if you use another color with it the shade transforms into something even more lovely.

With my makeup look I tend to go towards the English Rose Effect with subtle eyes, rosy cheeks, and dewy skin. Whenever I do this I swipe Sin as an all over lid color, and then I pat Half-baked into the center of my lid. By swiping the pink shade of Sin, effectively blending out the shimmery color so its lighter and more luminous, and then patting Half-baked for the true color payoff, it is a very ' light-up-your-eyes' look that doesn't overwhelm the face.

To anyone who uses gold shadows on the inner corner of your eyes, instead of white like most people, I wouldn't suggest this as a color there. It will enhance any dryness at that area. All in all however this is one of my most used shadow shades, in fact whenever I put on shadow it is from this palette, and once I run out I will purchase the single pot to have in my gold collection.

Popular Eye Shadows