Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/20/2012 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i have this color in both the naked and naked 2 palettes. honestly i probubly will never have to repurchase this product again because i have the two of them. that being said i will get into what i think. everyone is probubly going to think that i am crazy, but this color isnt the best :\ i feel like it can turn from classy to tacky in an instant, on my skin tone anyway. the only way i feel like it doesnt look foiled and caked on is if i apply it with a fluffy blending brush. i though i would never touch the shadows but i found a routine that i really enjoy using this shadow. i put naked on the lid, half baked in the crease, buck in the outer 'v' and foxy on the brow bone. its one of the few looks that i have tried that this shade looks nice. i guess you could say that i have a love hate relationship with this shade. another thing that i dont understand is that this color is in pretty much EVERY SINGLE PALETTE. like come on urban decay!! like i said people are probubly going to hate me, but its just not THAT great. its nice but definatly not the best shade out there

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite gold eyeshadow, easily. It's perfect on it's own, but it also blends into others shadows really nicely. I really love to pair it with Smog.

Half Baked is a gorgeous summertime shade, in the warmer months I find myself wearing it almost every day. My skin is pretty pale, about nc15, and this shadow adds a certain warmth to my face. It also looks beautiful worn on the lower lashline for a pop of gold.

It's soft and buttery, and because of that, there can be fallout if you're not careful. Tapping the excess off of my brush takes care of the issue for me.

on 2/25/2012 3:31:00 PM

I am horrible at applying eyeshadow, I can never figure out the whole blending thing/using several shades at once, and I only like neutral tones.
I have pale skin & blue eyes. This makes my eyes pop. I use my finger, lightly touch the shadow, and apply it to my lids. Sometimes I apply a bit more. Other times, I take a damp angled brush and use it to line my eyes. It makes them look vivacious, extra blue, and defined, without an obvious made up look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This color looked phenomenal with my blue eyes. This makes me think of white 14k gold jewelry--a not-too-warm, light, bright gold. This has no glitter, but is way too metallic for me. Made my 40+ lids look super crinkly and crepey. Boo. I also found this a little difficult to blend. Sadly had to return and am now hunting for a less-metallic version.

on 9/21/2013 12:24:00 AM

My favorite UD shadow. Amazingly pigmented, wearable, & the staying power is great!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had to repurchases this after I used up the whole pan that comes in the Naked Palette; that is how much I love this shadow. I usually wear it all over my lid by itself for work, usually with just some eyeliner. Then if I want to go a bit more jazzy it blends so well with all my other browns (it's delish with MAC Shroom) and with pinks too. I would not be without this colour, I love it so much.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of my favorite eyeshadows for a reason! It's a beautiful mid-gold color, and for some unknown reason, it also appears sort of orange in a swatch. However, don't let that "orange" description put you off because this eyeshadow looks awesome on your eyes! I wear it by itself with some mascara, and I'm good to go. It's very pigmented, but I took a star off because i wish it could last me throughout my entire school day :( Overall, I give "Half Baked" a thumbs up.

Edit 6/12/11. I still wear this to school every day. It's my HG eyeshadow, so now it's a five :)

on 6/15/2011 11:15:00 PM

I am in l-o-v-e. This makes blue eyes POP! The perfect bronzy coppery color I've been looking for my whole life! I adore shimmer eyeshadows (I'm only 21 so don't have much lines) and this is gorgeous for a summer bronze look. I will definitely repurchase if I ever run out!!

on 4/19/2011 12:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Basically, this eyeshadow is everything I wanted MAC's Amber Lights to be. Such a lovely bronzed gold, without any hint of orange unlike AL. Really smooth, pigmented shadow, looks great on the lid and on the lower lash line - Makes blue eyes POP! Came in a set along with the eyeshadow primer potion which I'm looking forward to trying out to see if this shadow can last even longer.
The packaging is a bit tacky and plastic-y but who cares when the product is this good?!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'd never have thought that shimmery metallic gold would be a good idea for me but this is one of the only wearable shades I've discovered in Urban Decay's sustainable shadow box. Its drama is subtle - no annoying clumps of glitter here - and while it looks better on my skin for evening wear I see no reason why it shouldn't be worn in the day. It is metallic, but the effect is very soft. It's a slightly warmer colour than I'd expect to get away with but I do, and I suspect the shade would be flattering to most. It lasts well - I know it will still be there giving my lids a dewy, luminous glow to the early hours. And my eyes, which are grey, suddenly look cornflower blue!