Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I really, really, REALLY hate saying this, but...UD eyeshadows are better than MAC eyeshadows. ARGHHH...I SAID IT. THERE.
I still love MAC eyeshadows, but UD eyeshadows are softer and buttery. It's hard to explain, but it's amazing. Like, I swear, there isn't any better eyeshadow out there--this is pure perfection.
That said, Half Baked is so beautiful!
Half Baked is a beautiful shimmery light gold shade with a metallic finish that isn't too frosty. It doesn't sound like it, but this shade is actually very unique. I haven't seen anything like it. Not to compliment myself, but it looks astonishingly beautiful with my dark brown eyes--I can imagine it looking great with any other complexion or eye color too. Basically, it's what I hoped MAC Woodwinked would be. Woodwinked is less golden, more like a golden beige. Both are similar in finish though.
I put Half Baked on the inner half of my upper lid, inner third of my lower lash line, and tear duct (for an eye-popping, bright look), MAC Tempting on the outer lid, then MAC Vanilla on the browbone as a highlight. It's my go-to eyeshadow look, even though I don't wear eyeshadow everyday, or even every week, for that matter.
It also looks fantastic in a golden smokey eye!
The price is rather steep. $18 for a single eyeshadow is kind of ridiculous, but then again, it's Urban Decay. For the undupe-able Half Baked, though, it's definitely worth it.
Would I repurchase? Definitely.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my only shimmer single eyeshadow. The urban decay shimmer formula is to die for, very rich, metallic, and creamy. This shade is gold with no orange, peach, brown, or green tones. I haven't been able to find a dupe. It's a great lid colour for brightening on me (NC25-30). Pairs well with warm browns but also rose/lilac type shades.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I've had this eyeshadow tucked away in my makeup drawer simply because I haven't got any time to do my eyes before work. Out of curiosity today I decided to use it as a highlighter. WOW! Looks beautiful on my medium-tan complexion. Normally, highlighters make me look greasy and shiny (I have oily skin) but not this one. Though it is intended for eye application, looks fab applied as a highlighter!

on 7/20/2012 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i have this color in both the naked and naked 2 palettes. honestly i probubly will never have to repurchase this product again because i have the two of them. that being said i will get into what i think. everyone is probubly going to think that i am crazy, but this color isnt the best :\ i feel like it can turn from classy to tacky in an instant, on my skin tone anyway. the only way i feel like it doesnt look foiled and caked on is if i apply it with a fluffy blending brush. i though i would never touch the shadows but i found a routine that i really enjoy using this shadow. i put naked on the lid, half baked in the crease, buck in the outer 'v' and foxy on the brow bone. its one of the few looks that i have tried that this shade looks nice. i guess you could say that i have a love hate relationship with this shade. another thing that i dont understand is that this color is in pretty much EVERY SINGLE PALETTE. like come on urban decay!! like i said people are probubly going to hate me, but its just not THAT great. its nice but definatly not the best shade out there

on 2/25/2012 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have this shadow in my naked palette. It's also in the naked 2 (but I don't own that one.) It's most definitely the color I use the most in the whole palette. I like it all over the lid by itself, or with a darker color like smog in the crease. I find that the golden color along with the shimmer in this shadow makes my eyes pop like no other. If I run out I will definitely repurchase.

I recommend this mostly for people with brown or green eyes :D

on 8/9/2011 10:02:00 PM

I LOVE THIS EYESHADOW. it is THE perfect gold on my NC30 skin. i've looked far and wide for a gold shade that doesn't just swatch pretty but also looks good on the lids. a lot of them turn out too orange or yellow or kind of just disappear on my lids into a bunch of shimmer. this one is FLAWLESS. i can't even explain how much i love this eyeshadow. i don't have the individual eyeshadow but it's in the naked palette. i would really consider buying just this eyeshadow separately. it's great year round for a neutral look but it's especially illuminating in the summer. LOVE!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

If your a shadow lover like I am then you know how awesome Urban decay shadows are regardless the color. Full of pigment, doesn't fade and blends beautifully with other colors. Half baked is my favorite color. I have green eyes and whenever I wear it I always get compliments on my eyes. I like to pair it with one of their dark purples or a deep Aqua green! Awesome any time of year.

on 11/14/2014 11:30:00 AM

My absolute favorite eyeshadow, ever. I use it every single day. Gorgeous by itself, gorgeous as a part of a shaded shadow look. Lasts forever, great pigmentation, it's the best I've ever tried and for only about $18-$20. HIGHLY recommend.

on 9/2/2012 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

so in love with this shade. I hit pan on both naked palattes and repurchased the single shadow. It's beautiful and highly pigmented. It brightens up the eye and works well on all skin tones. Absolute favorite UD shade of all time.

on 7/20/2012 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful golden shimmery coppery brown, that would look gorgeous on any skin tone. This eye shadow would work for both the day and night! Highly recommend it to anyone!