Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

4.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my only shimmer single eyeshadow. The urban decay shimmer formula is to die for, very rich, metallic, and creamy. This shade is gold with no orange, peach, brown, or green tones. I haven't been able to find a dupe. It's a great lid colour for brightening on me (NC25-30). Pairs well with warm browns but also rose/lilac type shades.

on 4/7/2015 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

l o v e the color. It's a great day in day out shadow.

on 11/15/2014 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE THIS EYE SHADOW! It stays on all day (even without primer) and it's soft and easy to apply. It is also well-pigmented-- you know when you find an eye shadow color you like, then you apply it and it is thin and powdery and terrible? Not this stuff! I use Bordello (as well as some colors from the Naked 3 pallette) and it really makes my blue eyes pop! Absolutely recommend this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I echo the person who said in their NAKED palette this is the color I use the most. I use it and am almost used up...I also have some shades I haven't touched.

Um seriously? MY FAVORITE eye shadow EVER! It's a definite true gold color and I have absolutely no fall-out at all with this shadow. It compliments my blue/green eyes so nicely as well. I have this color in both of my naked palettes and if I ever hit pan (which will not be any time soon!) I would buy this as a single in a heartbeat.

on 9/11/2012 11:42:00 AM

Love love love this colour. Gives the most subtle golden glow and at the same time it's not overly glittery. Very easy to blend and lasts forever with a base.

My goodness, this eye shadow is literally the best one I own! It's my go to for every day looks, and compliments my eyes very well. This is the best gold eye shadow I have ever seen, and I shall say I even think UD has better eye shadows than MAC! Would suggest this to anyone looking for a nice and bright gold eye shadow.

on 7/20/2012 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i have this color in both the naked and naked 2 palettes. honestly i probubly will never have to repurchase this product again because i have the two of them. that being said i will get into what i think. everyone is probubly going to think that i am crazy, but this color isnt the best :\ i feel like it can turn from classy to tacky in an instant, on my skin tone anyway. the only way i feel like it doesnt look foiled and caked on is if i apply it with a fluffy blending brush. i though i would never touch the shadows but i found a routine that i really enjoy using this shadow. i put naked on the lid, half baked in the crease, buck in the outer 'v' and foxy on the brow bone. its one of the few looks that i have tried that this shade looks nice. i guess you could say that i have a love hate relationship with this shade. another thing that i dont understand is that this color is in pretty much EVERY SINGLE PALETTE. like come on urban decay!! like i said people are probubly going to hate me, but its just not THAT great. its nice but definatly not the best shade out there

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I really, really, REALLY hate saying this, but...UD eyeshadows are better than MAC eyeshadows. ARGHHH...I SAID IT. THERE.
I still love MAC eyeshadows, but UD eyeshadows are softer and buttery. It's hard to explain, but it's amazing. Like, I swear, there isn't any better eyeshadow out there--this is pure perfection.
That said, Half Baked is so beautiful!
Half Baked is a beautiful shimmery light gold shade with a metallic finish that isn't too frosty. It doesn't sound like it, but this shade is actually very unique. I haven't seen anything like it. Not to compliment myself, but it looks astonishingly beautiful with my dark brown eyes--I can imagine it looking great with any other complexion or eye color too. Basically, it's what I hoped MAC Woodwinked would be. Woodwinked is less golden, more like a golden beige. Both are similar in finish though.
I put Half Baked on the inner half of my upper lid, inner third of my lower lash line, and tear duct (for an eye-popping, bright look), MAC Tempting on the outer lid, then MAC Vanilla on the browbone as a highlight. It's my go-to eyeshadow look, even though I don't wear eyeshadow everyday, or even every week, for that matter.
It also looks fantastic in a golden smokey eye!
The price is rather steep. $18 for a single eyeshadow is kind of ridiculous, but then again, it's Urban Decay. For the undupe-able Half Baked, though, it's definitely worth it.
Would I repurchase? Definitely.

on 7/5/2012 11:46:00 AM

I am surprised by the number of great reviews of this product from women in their late 30s and over. It is a nice colour (though nothing unique) and it does have good colour payoff. However, it accentuates any crepiness (which I don't have much of at all, fortunately, but what I do have looks a thousand times worse with this shadow) and is just way too shimmery and reflective to look sophisticated. I can see this working on young women with a darker skin tone, but if you are a bit older and pale, beware. I will be returning this as I can't justify spending over $20 Canadian on a product that makes me look tacky.

Stila Oasis is a much more subtle gold with great texture and payoff.