Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/2/2012 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I think I'm in the minority here but I just do not like this shade. Out of my naked palette, this is the only shade I've never used. I know that a lot of people believe this to be the best shade in the palette and the fact that it's in both palettes confirms it. But it just doesn't do it for me! I find it too orange against my complexion. I personally wouldn't class it as a true gold. I wish it looked good on me but it just doesn't work for me whatsoever.

on 7/5/2012 11:46:00 AM

I am surprised by the number of great reviews of this product from women in their late 30s and over. It is a nice colour (though nothing unique) and it does have good colour payoff. However, it accentuates any crepiness (which I don't have much of at all, fortunately, but what I do have looks a thousand times worse with this shadow) and is just way too shimmery and reflective to look sophisticated. I can see this working on young women with a darker skin tone, but if you are a bit older and pale, beware. I will be returning this as I can't justify spending over $20 Canadian on a product that makes me look tacky.

Stila Oasis is a much more subtle gold with great texture and payoff.

on 6/2/2008 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

half baked is your quintessential gold shadow... its one that everyone should have in their makeup bag..

it is the perfect shade of gold... the right amount of shimmer with great pigmentation... just a very subtle, slight hint of peach to it... not glittery at all.. it can be used in gold looks, can be used as a wash, as a highlighter on your brow bone, or even a highlighter on your cheeks if youre going for a bronze sunkissed look..

it is the gold shadow i reach for most in my makeup collection, and between all the shadows (various brands) and mac pigments, i have a crap ton of gold colors to choose from... definitely a staple in my collection

on 5/14/2004 4:48:00 PM

This is just a little bit less bronze than Baked, and on me that is perfect. The shadow blends well and lasts all day without fading. Highly recommended!

on 4/29/2004 6:01:00 PM

LOVE this! I already have Baked, but what can I say, when it comes to Urban Decay shadows I don't even pretend to have self-control. This the perfect shade for quickly swiping over your lids and looking like a million bucks. It's got great shimmer, blends easily, and the staying power is fabulous. No creasing for me, and no stray sparkles either. A winner!

on 4/19/2015 8:03:00 PM

One of my favorite urban decay shadows. Can not put this down in the summer when I'm tan. So beautiful

I have this shadow in the naked 2 palette and I'm aware it is in the original naked palette as well. it's so pigmented and gorgeous!! it is $18 singularly which is a price I wouldn't pay for one eyeshadow, but since its a palette, I love it so much!! recommend because it flatters many skin times and it's a beautiful gold :)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love half baked, and would have never tried it as a single if it wasn't in my naked 2 palette. I don't know what it is about this shade, but on my extremely dark brown (almost black) eyes, this just makes my eyes pop, but at the same time glow!
I don't even know how to describe the effect it gives me! it's just such a beautiful color and when I run out, before I even run out, I'm going to buy a single of this because it's just so awesome.
I wear it everyday, mostly by itself (with a fluffy brush because I don't want it to look metallic), but if I feel like doing a bit more I'll add snakebite to my crease and smoke it out, add a bit to my lower lashline and voila! a sexy sultry look.
love! love love love!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite gold eyeshadow, easily. It's perfect on it's own, but it also blends into others shadows really nicely. I really love to pair it with Smog.

Half Baked is a gorgeous summertime shade, in the warmer months I find myself wearing it almost every day. My skin is pretty pale, about nc15, and this shadow adds a certain warmth to my face. It also looks beautiful worn on the lower lashline for a pop of gold.

It's soft and buttery, and because of that, there can be fallout if you're not careful. Tapping the excess off of my brush takes care of the issue for me.

on 2/25/2012 3:31:00 PM

I am horrible at applying eyeshadow, I can never figure out the whole blending thing/using several shades at once, and I only like neutral tones.
I have pale skin & blue eyes. This makes my eyes pop. I use my finger, lightly touch the shadow, and apply it to my lids. Sometimes I apply a bit more. Other times, I take a damp angled brush and use it to line my eyes. It makes them look vivacious, extra blue, and defined, without an obvious made up look.