Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/17/2013 12:51:00 PM

As an opener I thought I'd tell you that I'm obsessed with Golds, Bronze, and Tawney colors. I collect them like a mad woman, and stock pile them when I get the chance. I'm an NC1 in MAC, or NC20 depending on which foundation I use, with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. My eyes are my shinning feature, with my abnormally long lashes, they are big and have been dubbed ' luminous', so I play them up most often with golds.

I got Half-baked in my naked palette, and find it interesting that the single and the Naked Palette one look almost a bit different. It might be me but the the single looks like it has a bit more of an orangey bronze to it, while half-baked in the palette looks more golden. However I find that Half-baked does swatch a tad bit orange based on my hand, but on my eyes it evens out to a bronze tone. Honestly, don't be put off by the shade if you think it swatches too orange. It is blendable, and if you use another color with it the shade transforms into something even more lovely.

With my makeup look I tend to go towards the English Rose Effect with subtle eyes, rosy cheeks, and dewy skin. Whenever I do this I swipe Sin as an all over lid color, and then I pat Half-baked into the center of my lid. By swiping the pink shade of Sin, effectively blending out the shimmery color so its lighter and more luminous, and then patting Half-baked for the true color payoff, it is a very ' light-up-your-eyes' look that doesn't overwhelm the face.

To anyone who uses gold shadows on the inner corner of your eyes, instead of white like most people, I wouldn't suggest this as a color there. It will enhance any dryness at that area. All in all however this is one of my most used shadow shades, in fact whenever I put on shadow it is from this palette, and once I run out I will purchase the single pot to have in my gold collection.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I really, really, REALLY hate saying this, but...UD eyeshadows are better than MAC eyeshadows. ARGHHH...I SAID IT. THERE.
I still love MAC eyeshadows, but UD eyeshadows are softer and buttery. It's hard to explain, but it's amazing. Like, I swear, there isn't any better eyeshadow out there--this is pure perfection.
That said, Half Baked is so beautiful!
Half Baked is a beautiful shimmery light gold shade with a metallic finish that isn't too frosty. It doesn't sound like it, but this shade is actually very unique. I haven't seen anything like it. Not to compliment myself, but it looks astonishingly beautiful with my dark brown eyes--I can imagine it looking great with any other complexion or eye color too. Basically, it's what I hoped MAC Woodwinked would be. Woodwinked is less golden, more like a golden beige. Both are similar in finish though.
I put Half Baked on the inner half of my upper lid, inner third of my lower lash line, and tear duct (for an eye-popping, bright look), MAC Tempting on the outer lid, then MAC Vanilla on the browbone as a highlight. It's my go-to eyeshadow look, even though I don't wear eyeshadow everyday, or even every week, for that matter.
It also looks fantastic in a golden smokey eye!
The price is rather steep. $18 for a single eyeshadow is kind of ridiculous, but then again, it's Urban Decay. For the undupe-able Half Baked, though, it's definitely worth it.
Would I repurchase? Definitely.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This golden shimmer is great for pale blue-green-grey-hazel eyes like mine. Its got a gorgeous metallic sheen that looks wonderful on the browbone. I like to pair it with earthy shades, but it also looks exceptionally great with blues and purples.

I bought this as a single after hitting pan in a UD palette, I love palettes for this very reason. You know that if you use it enough to hit that pan, you can justify spending the money on a single.

This just might be my very favorite UD shadow ever, and I am quite fond of UD so that's saying a lot.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my only shimmer single eyeshadow. The urban decay shimmer formula is to die for, very rich, metallic, and creamy. This shade is gold with no orange, peach, brown, or green tones. I haven't been able to find a dupe. It's a great lid colour for brightening on me (NC25-30). Pairs well with warm browns but also rose/lilac type shades.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love the texture and pigmentation, but Half Baked is too orange for me. I don't like the way I look in coppers (not dark brown copper but brighter penny shades). This is way way warmer than a newly minted penny to me. I can probably pull it off but I dont like it. Still giving it a 3 since the formula rocks and more golden fair skin tones probably would love it, and I can see it being universally appealing on warmer and darker shades.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

If your a shadow lover like I am then you know how awesome Urban decay shadows are regardless the color. Full of pigment, doesn't fade and blends beautifully with other colors. Half baked is my favorite color. I have green eyes and whenever I wear it I always get compliments on my eyes. I like to pair it with one of their dark purples or a deep Aqua green! Awesome any time of year.

on 9/2/2012 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

so in love with this shade. I hit pan on both naked palattes and repurchased the single shadow. It's beautiful and highly pigmented. It brightens up the eye and works well on all skin tones. Absolute favorite UD shade of all time.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Beautiful, rich, bronze-gold. VERY pigmented. I bought this online for $19 in a duo with Green Goddess. This isn't my favorite color by Urban Decay, but I LOVE how versatile it is! It can stand on its own, looks amazing with Gash on the outer half of the lid, or Roach or Stray Dog in the crease. I always use UDPP with this and at the end of the day, there's no creasing or fading. Another perfect product from a wonderful, animal friendly company! I'll never be without Half Baked, even at $17 a pop! (Fifth picture above is Half Baked on the inner half, Gash on the outer half.)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Urban Decay Half Baked is a beautiful gold color. It pretty much looks the same in the pan as it does on my lids, so already this shade is a hit with me. I like the fact that the color was shimmery without having a glittery effect (like Midnight Cowboy), also fall out wasn't too big a problem (although I put shadow on first anyway).

Half Baked is a medium gold shade so on my skin it looks best paired with something else and on the inner portion of my eyelids or just on the eyelid itself. I am an AAB with fair skin. I totally agree with the reviewer below me - use a liner and WOW! I used Wet N Wild black liquid liner to complete my look.

Gold is tricky. I would buy this shade again since it has the qualities I like in a good gold. I am not sure but I am going to take a look at my Golden Retriever eyeshadow by Prestige since there initially appear to be some similiarity...to be continued...

UPDATE: Golden Retriever by Prestige is a darker gold compared to Half Baked by Urban Decay. Actually Half Baked makes Golden Retriever look much darker, if both were used side by side the Half Baked could help blend Golden Retriever out.

on 12/28/2007 6:43:00 PM

Love it! Just got this eye shadow for Christmas, and I know instantly that this is going to be a staple of mine for now on. I love this yellow-gold shade, since it makes my blue eyes pop. Plus, I have yellow undertones in my fair skin, so it is a very flattering color for my complexion. I like how it is very natural, but still stands out and enhances my eyes. It is shimmery, but not too sparkly. Perfect, especially when paired with black eyeliner. I think it would work well on many people. Plus, it is great quality (as all Urban Decay products are, from my experience). It lasts on me all day without fading or creasing.