Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

If you have brown eyes, you pretty much NEED this shadow! Half Baked all on its own, on the lid, with some black liner and black mascara - you've got the most amazing looking eyes with very little effort at all.

My first "exposure" to Half Baked eyeshadow was in the Naked Palette, which was my first experience (and a positive one) with Urban Decay shadows.

Half Baked is a lovely rich gold colour and while it looks frosty and almost florescent in the pan, it applies smoothly and imparts a beautiful sheen, rather than gaudy-looking frost or glitter. It looks so nice on the lid, with a darker, matte shade in the crease (though I've recently seen it used with a dark colour on the lid and this in/above the crease - the pic for it is at the top of the reviews for the Naked palette).

Basically, this shadow is what I wanted Woodwinked to be, minus the annoying tendency to turn orange on me. So if you are someone who has tried Woodwinked and returned it or given up on it because it went orange on you, do consider giving Half Baked a try. It will make your eyes sparkle!

on 5/1/2004 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This will be the eyeshadow that causes a new addiction. I've never purchased urban decay before. I've always used MAC shadows and been really happy with them. I picked up half baked because I really liked the color and mid-range bronze moving towards gold. And the color is pretty (I'm a PPP with green eyes, dark brown hair), but I am mad about the texture of this shadow. It is so smooth. It glides on easily with a brush and blends like a dream. I want more!

on 6/30/2012 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Half Baked is a gold with a bit of a coppery edge to it. The texture of Half Baked is so lovely; it is incredibly dense and soft, which makes for very excellent color payoff and blendability. You do not need to swipe a lot of product onto your brush to get intense color!! Compared to other golds, like other reviewers have said, it does not pull orangey or brassy on me, which makes it more versatile with looks. Due to this fact, I prefer this over Baked.

on 2/25/2012 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have this shadow in my naked palette. It's also in the naked 2 (but I don't own that one.) It's most definitely the color I use the most in the whole palette. I like it all over the lid by itself, or with a darker color like smog in the crease. I find that the golden color along with the shimmer in this shadow makes my eyes pop like no other. If I run out I will definitely repurchase.

I recommend this mostly for people with brown or green eyes :D

on 7/20/2012 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful golden shimmery coppery brown, that would look gorgeous on any skin tone. This eye shadow would work for both the day and night! Highly recommend it to anyone!

on 3/6/2017 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this because Benefit was out of Fawn Over Me, the goldish bronze single I initially went in for. I decided to try this instead because I've heard good things about UD eyeshadows and had always eyed this color, which is the color family I always wear.

I'm warm-toned and pale, with overall dry skin.

For me, this eyeshadow is very meh, and the quality is lacking for the price. This was a very poor substitute for Fawn Over Me, which sweeps on so smooth it's almost like a cream shadow. By comparison, this applies patchy and takes more strokes to apply evenly. It is also much more expensive for the amount of product. I've hit pan after just a few months of occasional wear. I think this is a workable warm-toned color in a palette but really don't think it's worth $20 for a single.

on 4/7/2015 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

l o v e the color. It's a great day in day out shadow.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love this eyeshadow. It suits me well, it's awesome to apply and I love to use it. The only reason I would not rebuy this is because I have been using this single shadow since high school and I still have about 6+ months of constant usage before it will be completely used up. It's been at least five years of using this on and off and it's still here. As much as this could be considered a positive tribute, I like to be able to use things up in a reasonable time.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Oh my do I love this colour!
It is my go to shade for an everyday look, I adore it so much.
The formula is so creamy and pigmented.
Definitely worth every cent. :)

on 6/22/2012 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have two full-sizes of this in my two Naked palettes, and don't think I'll even be able to finish one, because this shade is so densely packed with pigment. A very gorgeous, rich light-to-medium toned gold that actually surprisingly works on my fair cool-toned skin! It's not an antiqued gold, nor does it pull orange or brassy on me like so many golds do. I would almost call this a neutral, instead of a warm shade. I can see this working on many skintones, and I can also see this becoming a go-to summer shade for me. The reformulated version is more firmly packed into the pan, whereas the older version is a lot softer in texture, and more crumbly and prone to fall out, if I dare say it. But overall, a beautiful, universal color. Makes my hazel eyes sparkle in the most fantastic way. An absolute STUNNER for blue-eyed gals as well. And, let's face it, the quality of UD shadows just cannot be beat. I do, however, recommend a fluffier brush for application, as this particular shadow is VERY shimmery, almost metallic, but not quite, and can easily look overdone and highlight any tiny little wrinkles we ladies may have.