Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/17/2013 12:51:00 PM

As an opener I thought I'd tell you that I'm obsessed with Golds, Bronze, and Tawney colors. I collect them like a mad woman, and stock pile them when I get the chance. I'm an NC1 in MAC, or NC20 depending on which foundation I use, with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. My eyes are my shinning feature, with my abnormally long lashes, they are big and have been dubbed ' luminous', so I play them up most often with golds.

I got Half-baked in my naked palette, and find it interesting that the single and the Naked Palette one look almost a bit different. It might be me but the the single looks like it has a bit more of an orangey bronze to it, while half-baked in the palette looks more golden. However I find that Half-baked does swatch a tad bit orange based on my hand, but on my eyes it evens out to a bronze tone. Honestly, don't be put off by the shade if you think it swatches too orange. It is blendable, and if you use another color with it the shade transforms into something even more lovely.

With my makeup look I tend to go towards the English Rose Effect with subtle eyes, rosy cheeks, and dewy skin. Whenever I do this I swipe Sin as an all over lid color, and then I pat Half-baked into the center of my lid. By swiping the pink shade of Sin, effectively blending out the shimmery color so its lighter and more luminous, and then patting Half-baked for the true color payoff, it is a very ' light-up-your-eyes' look that doesn't overwhelm the face.

To anyone who uses gold shadows on the inner corner of your eyes, instead of white like most people, I wouldn't suggest this as a color there. It will enhance any dryness at that area. All in all however this is one of my most used shadow shades, in fact whenever I put on shadow it is from this palette, and once I run out I will purchase the single pot to have in my gold collection.

on 7/5/2012 11:46:00 AM

I am surprised by the number of great reviews of this product from women in their late 30s and over. It is a nice colour (though nothing unique) and it does have good colour payoff. However, it accentuates any crepiness (which I don't have much of at all, fortunately, but what I do have looks a thousand times worse with this shadow) and is just way too shimmery and reflective to look sophisticated. I can see this working on young women with a darker skin tone, but if you are a bit older and pale, beware. I will be returning this as I can't justify spending over $20 Canadian on a product that makes me look tacky.

Stila Oasis is a much more subtle gold with great texture and payoff.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

If you have brown eyes, you pretty much NEED this shadow! Half Baked all on its own, on the lid, with some black liner and black mascara - you've got the most amazing looking eyes with very little effort at all.

My first "exposure" to Half Baked eyeshadow was in the Naked Palette, which was my first experience (and a positive one) with Urban Decay shadows.

Half Baked is a lovely rich gold colour and while it looks frosty and almost florescent in the pan, it applies smoothly and imparts a beautiful sheen, rather than gaudy-looking frost or glitter. It looks so nice on the lid, with a darker, matte shade in the crease (though I've recently seen it used with a dark colour on the lid and this in/above the crease - the pic for it is at the top of the reviews for the Naked palette).

Basically, this shadow is what I wanted Woodwinked to be, minus the annoying tendency to turn orange on me. So if you are someone who has tried Woodwinked and returned it or given up on it because it went orange on you, do consider giving Half Baked a try. It will make your eyes sparkle!

on 5/14/2004 4:48:00 PM

This is just a little bit less bronze than Baked, and on me that is perfect. The shadow blends well and lasts all day without fading. Highly recommended!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love the texture and pigmentation, but Half Baked is too orange for me. I don't like the way I look in coppers (not dark brown copper but brighter penny shades). This is way way warmer than a newly minted penny to me. I can probably pull it off but I dont like it. Still giving it a 3 since the formula rocks and more golden fair skin tones probably would love it, and I can see it being universally appealing on warmer and darker shades.

I have this shadow in the naked 2 palette and I'm aware it is in the original naked palette as well. it's so pigmented and gorgeous!! it is $18 singularly which is a price I wouldn't pay for one eyeshadow, but since its a palette, I love it so much!! recommend because it flatters many skin times and it's a beautiful gold :)

on 6/30/2012 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Half Baked is a gold with a bit of a coppery edge to it. The texture of Half Baked is so lovely; it is incredibly dense and soft, which makes for very excellent color payoff and blendability. You do not need to swipe a lot of product onto your brush to get intense color!! Compared to other golds, like other reviewers have said, it does not pull orangey or brassy on me, which makes it more versatile with looks. Due to this fact, I prefer this over Baked.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite gold eyeshadow, easily. It's perfect on it's own, but it also blends into others shadows really nicely. I really love to pair it with Smog.

Half Baked is a gorgeous summertime shade, in the warmer months I find myself wearing it almost every day. My skin is pretty pale, about nc15, and this shadow adds a certain warmth to my face. It also looks beautiful worn on the lower lashline for a pop of gold.

It's soft and buttery, and because of that, there can be fallout if you're not careful. Tapping the excess off of my brush takes care of the issue for me.

on 2/25/2012 3:31:00 PM

I am horrible at applying eyeshadow, I can never figure out the whole blending thing/using several shades at once, and I only like neutral tones.
I have pale skin & blue eyes. This makes my eyes pop. I use my finger, lightly touch the shadow, and apply it to my lids. Sometimes I apply a bit more. Other times, I take a damp angled brush and use it to line my eyes. It makes them look vivacious, extra blue, and defined, without an obvious made up look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This color looked phenomenal with my blue eyes. This makes me think of white 14k gold jewelry--a not-too-warm, light, bright gold. This has no glitter, but is way too metallic for me. Made my 40+ lids look super crinkly and crepey. Boo. I also found this a little difficult to blend. Sadly had to return and am now hunting for a less-metallic version.