Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/17/2013 12:51:00 PM

As an opener I thought I'd tell you that I'm obsessed with Golds, Bronze, and Tawney colors. I collect them like a mad woman, and stock pile them when I get the chance. I'm an NC1 in MAC, or NC20 depending on which foundation I use, with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. My eyes are my shinning feature, with my abnormally long lashes, they are big and have been dubbed ' luminous', so I play them up most often with golds.

I got Half-baked in my naked palette, and find it interesting that the single and the Naked Palette one look almost a bit different. It might be me but the the single looks like it has a bit more of an orangey bronze to it, while half-baked in the palette looks more golden. However I find that Half-baked does swatch a tad bit orange based on my hand, but on my eyes it evens out to a bronze tone. Honestly, don't be put off by the shade if you think it swatches too orange. It is blendable, and if you use another color with it the shade transforms into something even more lovely.

With my makeup look I tend to go towards the English Rose Effect with subtle eyes, rosy cheeks, and dewy skin. Whenever I do this I swipe Sin as an all over lid color, and then I pat Half-baked into the center of my lid. By swiping the pink shade of Sin, effectively blending out the shimmery color so its lighter and more luminous, and then patting Half-baked for the true color payoff, it is a very ' light-up-your-eyes' look that doesn't overwhelm the face.

To anyone who uses gold shadows on the inner corner of your eyes, instead of white like most people, I wouldn't suggest this as a color there. It will enhance any dryness at that area. All in all however this is one of my most used shadow shades, in fact whenever I put on shadow it is from this palette, and once I run out I will purchase the single pot to have in my gold collection.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

If you have brown eyes, you pretty much NEED this shadow! Half Baked all on its own, on the lid, with some black liner and black mascara - you've got the most amazing looking eyes with very little effort at all.

My first "exposure" to Half Baked eyeshadow was in the Naked Palette, which was my first experience (and a positive one) with Urban Decay shadows.

Half Baked is a lovely rich gold colour and while it looks frosty and almost florescent in the pan, it applies smoothly and imparts a beautiful sheen, rather than gaudy-looking frost or glitter. It looks so nice on the lid, with a darker, matte shade in the crease (though I've recently seen it used with a dark colour on the lid and this in/above the crease - the pic for it is at the top of the reviews for the Naked palette).

Basically, this shadow is what I wanted Woodwinked to be, minus the annoying tendency to turn orange on me. So if you are someone who has tried Woodwinked and returned it or given up on it because it went orange on you, do consider giving Half Baked a try. It will make your eyes sparkle!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my only shimmer single eyeshadow. The urban decay shimmer formula is to die for, very rich, metallic, and creamy. This shade is gold with no orange, peach, brown, or green tones. I haven't been able to find a dupe. It's a great lid colour for brightening on me (NC25-30). Pairs well with warm browns but also rose/lilac type shades.

on 4/19/2015 8:03:00 PM

One of my favorite urban decay shadows. Can not put this down in the summer when I'm tan. So beautiful

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I've had this eyeshadow tucked away in my makeup drawer simply because I haven't got any time to do my eyes before work. Out of curiosity today I decided to use it as a highlighter. WOW! Looks beautiful on my medium-tan complexion. Normally, highlighters make me look greasy and shiny (I have oily skin) but not this one. Though it is intended for eye application, looks fab applied as a highlighter!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love the texture and pigmentation, but Half Baked is too orange for me. I don't like the way I look in coppers (not dark brown copper but brighter penny shades). This is way way warmer than a newly minted penny to me. I can probably pull it off but I dont like it. Still giving it a 3 since the formula rocks and more golden fair skin tones probably would love it, and I can see it being universally appealing on warmer and darker shades.

I have this shadow in the naked 2 palette and I'm aware it is in the original naked palette as well. it's so pigmented and gorgeous!! it is $18 singularly which is a price I wouldn't pay for one eyeshadow, but since its a palette, I love it so much!! recommend because it flatters many skin times and it's a beautiful gold :)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love half baked, and would have never tried it as a single if it wasn't in my naked 2 palette. I don't know what it is about this shade, but on my extremely dark brown (almost black) eyes, this just makes my eyes pop, but at the same time glow!
I don't even know how to describe the effect it gives me! it's just such a beautiful color and when I run out, before I even run out, I'm going to buy a single of this because it's just so awesome.
I wear it everyday, mostly by itself (with a fluffy brush because I don't want it to look metallic), but if I feel like doing a bit more I'll add snakebite to my crease and smoke it out, add a bit to my lower lashline and voila! a sexy sultry look.
love! love love love!

on 6/30/2012 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Half Baked is a gold with a bit of a coppery edge to it. The texture of Half Baked is so lovely; it is incredibly dense and soft, which makes for very excellent color payoff and blendability. You do not need to swipe a lot of product onto your brush to get intense color!! Compared to other golds, like other reviewers have said, it does not pull orangey or brassy on me, which makes it more versatile with looks. Due to this fact, I prefer this over Baked.

on 2/25/2012 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have this shadow in my naked palette. It's also in the naked 2 (but I don't own that one.) It's most definitely the color I use the most in the whole palette. I like it all over the lid by itself, or with a darker color like smog in the crease. I find that the golden color along with the shimmer in this shadow makes my eyes pop like no other. If I run out I will definitely repurchase.

I recommend this mostly for people with brown or green eyes :D