Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 25-29
Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I got Half Baked in my Vegan Palette and I love that palette because all of the colors are made to go together. Half Baked looks beautiful paired with Smog on the outer V and Urb on the inner corner. Really perfect for the upcoming holiday season. I think I will be wearing this look a lot. The color Half Baked is a gorgeous shimmery gold with just a hint of peachy-ness...which I love. It's buttery soft and super pigmented so application is fool proof. It is also a beautiful shade to do a peacock look! Greens, teals, blues, yellows on the inner half of lid with Half Baked in the middle and Smog in the outer V. I love Urban Decay and I can't wait til I can buy another palette. They are definitely fun to collect. :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Urban Decay Half Baked is a beautiful gold color. It pretty much looks the same in the pan as it does on my lids, so already this shade is a hit with me. I like the fact that the color was shimmery without having a glittery effect (like Midnight Cowboy), also fall out wasn't too big a problem (although I put shadow on first anyway).

Half Baked is a medium gold shade so on my skin it looks best paired with something else and on the inner portion of my eyelids or just on the eyelid itself. I am an AAB with fair skin. I totally agree with the reviewer below me - use a liner and WOW! I used Wet N Wild black liquid liner to complete my look.

Gold is tricky. I would buy this shade again since it has the qualities I like in a good gold. I am not sure but I am going to take a look at my Golden Retriever eyeshadow by Prestige since there initially appear to be some similiarity...to be continued...

UPDATE: Golden Retriever by Prestige is a darker gold compared to Half Baked by Urban Decay. Actually Half Baked makes Golden Retriever look much darker, if both were used side by side the Half Baked could help blend Golden Retriever out.

on 3/6/2017 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this because Benefit was out of Fawn Over Me, the goldish bronze single I initially went in for. I decided to try this instead because I've heard good things about UD eyeshadows and had always eyed this color, which is the color family I always wear.

I'm warm-toned and pale, with overall dry skin.

For me, this eyeshadow is very meh, and the quality is lacking for the price. This was a very poor substitute for Fawn Over Me, which sweeps on so smooth it's almost like a cream shadow. By comparison, this applies patchy and takes more strokes to apply evenly. It is also much more expensive for the amount of product. I've hit pan after just a few months of occasional wear. I think this is a workable warm-toned color in a palette but really don't think it's worth $20 for a single.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Half Baked was one of the eyeshadows in a UD palette I received in a swap. Out of all the colors in this palette, I love and use this one the most. My complexion is NC42/43ish (summer), very warm, and this is a beautiful highlight color for me. It sheers out nicely, doesn't have too much fallout, and creates the most flattering soft glow. Some UD colors (YDK, Midnight cowboy) have glitter in them-chunky, fallout bombs-this is not one of those. Definitely recommend!

on 7/17/2012 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Beautiful soft gold, should suit every skin tone - great pigmentation and staying power when applied with a primer underneath. UD are excellent at producing their neutral metallics!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I got this in the Naked Palette. This is without a doubt my favorite color in the palette. I love it. it the perfect gold color. It isn't too yellow or too sparkly. I use it a couple of times a week. Sometimes I use it alone, other times I use it with other colors in the palette. The shadow is well pigmented and picks up very easily on the brush. Normally, I wouldn't pay $17 for a single eyeshadow. However, now that they have included this color in the Naked 2 palette, I'll probably buy that when the colors in my Naked palette run out.

on 2/16/2011 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Love this. This is the go to golden colour. Its not too yellow or orange. It is a really lovely colour. It makes a quick neutral everyday eye when paired with twice baked.

on 2/1/2011 12:20:00 AM

This color is one of the ones in the Naked Palette and I have done soo many looks with this color! It is the perfect golden, shimmery neutral ever!!! This is one of those colors that look good on EVERYBODY. I will definitely be buying this once i hit pan on the palette. This is a must on everyone's kit!

on 8/27/2010 12:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have finally found the perfect gold eyeshadow. I've tried many others which made my eyes look tired, yellow, and sometimes muddy. Half-Baked brightens my eyes and doesn't make my skin look sallow. It has the perfect amount of shimmer. A little bit of fallout, but such a gorgeous shade. I'm NC30-35 with a bit of yellow undertones.

I got this in a kit one time from UD and stayed away from it for a long time because it looks very bronze in the pan and I thought it would be far too dark/warm for my skin toned (I'm a yellow-toned NC20 Asian). However, I tried it one day, applying all over my lid with a contoured eyeshadow brush, over Mac Painterly Paint Pot (HG base!) and I have to say it is quite nice! It is a nice yellow/gold/bronze color that is not too dark, sparkly but not really too glittery. My favorite aspect of the color of this eyeshadow is that it seems to make you glow from within--it's very brightening on the lids without being unnatural looking. It has average lasting power, about as long as other high end eyeshadows and there is no fallout as it's not really glittery but instead is shimmery. I like it a lot!