Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer - Merlot

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer - Merlot

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/10/2013 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received this lip shimmer in the Burt's Bee's grab bag; I would never purchased this color myself. The color is so intensely dark and red that I feel like I am the joker from Batman whenever I apply this color, even if I apply with a light hand. I have a lot of trouble with pulling off dark lip colors so I end up never using this lip shimmer. Fortunately, I found a use for this lip shimmer: I use a little of it and put in into DIY lip balms for a tint of color.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this stuff. This is the only lip balm I have ever found that has enough pigment for me. I have a few of these in different purses but I haven't seen them on shelves lately and I'm a little nervous they're being discontinued. The color is a nice berry and it does show up on my lips. In fact, it looks great. It's a bit thinner than regular balm but I'm ok with that. It also seems to have a lower melting point which can make it messy in your purse if you're not careful. Still, I love it, and I repeat because it's the only lip balm I've EVER tried that had enough pigment to actually make it worth labeling as tinted.

To Read all 39 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/27/2010 12:12:00 PM

This shade is a bit dark for my taste, so I just dab it over my lips and then apply a nude lipgloss. I'm really liking it even the minty flavor. I would love to try the other shades. The only thing is that it's a bit mooshy to soft.

on 8/2/2010 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

This is in my touch-up kit for winter. I've found that it is a much cheaper dupe for Lipstick Queen's Medieval, with the benefit of a minty balm. The color is not a spot-on match, but it is still close enough for me. Perfect for daytime winter wear, when my Medieval just won't give me enough moisture. I have tried it as a cheek tint, and I like the colour for that purpose too as it makes my cheeks look flushed and healthy, rather than the obvious 'she applied blusher in a weird colour' look. If you have sensitive skin, the peppermint may irritate or burn your skin. Have repurchased twice, will continue to do so.

on 8/8/2009 4:57:00 AM

I love it! It is so pretty if you are cool-toned and not afraid of wearing a true red. Normally I just dab it on lightly and it gives my lips a very natural hint of color. The shimmers have the nice minty smell and taste and last medium long.

Still Rhubarb is my favorite, but I like Merlot very much too. Nurturing lipbalm + great color = love!

on 7/27/2009 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I was very disappointed with this product.

Initial color is nice when you first put it on; however, it fades really quickly! Does not have any staying power at all. You will be reapplying every hour, what's the point?

In addition, if you have sensitive lips like I do, it has a very strong stinging sensation. I wouldn't recommend buying it.

on 5/17/2009 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Color: A+ nice red/pink hue
Flavor: F peppermint grossness
Price: C $3 for a thin/small tube

on 5/15/2009 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Silly me thought Merlot would be a wine color, or like black honey but it turned out to be dark red. Not like Raisin, which is a true red, but a dark bordering on fuscia red. Way darker than I am used to wearing, like lady of the night red. If I apply this, it's with a very light hand. Otherwise, I'll look like a clown. Maybe this works better for cooler complexions. Raisin doesn't work for me either unless I apply it with a light hand. Or maybe it's just me not being comfortable with very dark pigmented lips.

on 1/16/2009 12:10:00 AM

very pretty brightish red color. all the great benefits of the lip balm but with color, definitely loving it.

on 12/6/2008 11:33:00 PM

This has a great color, and it is smooth and very moisturizing. The berry color looks like you just ate a raspberry popsicle or had a good snog. It also works as a good cheek stain, and is a cheap alternative for other lip stains like benetint!

Popular Lips Products