MAC Viva Glam V

on 11/28/2017 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

So怀good. i love it

on 11/16/2017 12:55:00 PM

I love love love the color. It's so flattering and easy to wear. The formula is kind of dry. It also doesn't last very long at all. However, I will keep reapplying because it's such a great color and goes with everything.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am quite pale, and I prefer pinky or peachy nudes to brown nudes, and MAC Viva Glam V is a nice neutral shimmery pinky nude that is very flattering. The base isn't super opaque, so a little of your natural lip color shows through, making it very wearable for a variety of skin tones. It isn't very long-wearing, so it may require a primer and lip liner unless you're able to touch up often, but it is a solid work-appropriate, every day sort of shade. I like it a lot, but I will not repurchase due to the fact that MAC is not cruelty free.

on 5/22/2017 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I have used up 2 tubes of this. Its such a pretty, truly neutral pink. It has a little peal and a luster finish. It is a soft, dumure, muted pink. This is my go to color for anything and everything(and modesty). Its doesn't dry my lips. I don't know if they changed their formula or I got an old tube with my last purchase but this tube feels a little grainy going on, not as smooth as the last 2 tubes I've bought. I put this straight on from the tube one coat without liner. It doesn't bleed into my lip lines. I have to apply after a few hours as I don't wear a liner or more than one coat.
The pigmentation light to med, not full on like a matte. It gives it a softer girl next door look. I added a photo of me going to barrel race with nothing on but Glam V and a little mascara. I was 50 when I took this selfie I posted. I'm the one with the pony tail. I have light olive skin with neutral to slight cool undertones. My eyes are blue green.

on 5/12/2017 11:17:00 AM

Love

I love it. I have 3 shades

on 5/12/2017 7:48:00 AM

I really Liked it .........

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is an extremely flattering colour on my NC30-35 skintone. Appears a deep rose with a sheen. I wouldn't purchase again because it's both drying/uncomfortable and not long lasting. I don't feel like it's a waste or anything because of the Viva Glam program.

on 2/16/2016 6:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

As a redhead with neutral to pink toned skin and hazel eyes, I don't wear many pink lipsticks.
This is the perfect pink/neutral lipstick with a golden fleck. I'm onto my second tube now, the only other lipstick I have bought a second time was Laura Mercier Bare lips. This is perfect for day with just tinted moisturiser and mascara, or nighttime with smokey eyes. It's staying power isn't great, but it is moisturizing so I just reapply more often like lip balm.

on 11/15/2015 8:20:00 AM

"Who the heck will buy a lipstick that doesn't give a reasonable color payoff?" I said. Well, I choked on my words.

True to most reviews, VGV is really a universal lipstick. A true MLBB. It's so versatile, you can wear it daytime, night-time, to work, on formal occassions. At afar, it registers as if you've only applied lipgloss. But close enough, it's so neutral that you can't even tell it's exact color. It's a lovely minimalist but sophisticated shade. On me, it's like a light rosey-bronzey-beige with golden shimmers. I also noticed that despite being 'barely-there" it gave dimension to my lips. Very flattering. Gorgeous.

I even feel pretty with only this and BB cream on my bare face. It's the perfect natural-look partner. I think it would also work well with light and heavy eye makeup. Personally, I haven't tried using this with lipliner or putting it over other lipsticks, but being a universal shade - in my opinion, there are plenty of options to play with.

As expected with lusters, you have to swipe this a lot to get good payoff. I need to swipe it 10 times to build the desired tone. It glides like butter but feels dry after a while. Don't expect this to last with eating and drinking, that's a given. Oh, but I don't mind reapplying.

Overall, I think this shade is concocted by a makeup genius. It's a good investment. I recommend this to MAC lippie newbies. Will repurchase.

Popular Lipsticks