MAC Cosmetics Viva Glam V Lipglass [DISCONTINUED]

MAC Cosmetics Viva Glam V Lipglass [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

The first MAC lipglass I have truly liked, and a big part of that is the texture of this-it's totally not offensively sticky like the others I have tried! It's still a thick consistency but not overly sticky, still very long-lasting though. The formula on this one hits the spot, and I wish MAC made all their lipglasses like this. Longlasting yet not sticky. Oh, and love the doefoot applicator, my favorite kind and IMO the most precise! The color on me just plays up the natural color of my lips, it enhances them. here's a pic of it on my lips:

continued >>

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I know the name of this is Viva Glam V, but really they should have called it Duct Tape because this gloss fixes darn near everything. Lipstick too bright? Layer VGV on top to tone it down. Too dry? Too boring? Not even sure what the issue is? VGV ON TOP. Until I stop making bad color choices in my lip products, I will be a fan of VGV. So (uh) I hope they continue making this for yeeeeeeeeeeears to come. :)

on 4/29/2009 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I can't rave enough about this lipgloss! I'm about to finish my first tube but I can easily tell you that it's going to be a staple item in my stash. The shade is a wonderful blend of pink,beige and brown. But not too pink, not too beige or not too brown. It just looks like the perfect nude on me: really sexy, stunning but also natural looking. It also goes with anything and everything. I wear it to anytime and anywhere, including work, brunch with friends, going out for dinner, running errands etc. It's shiny but not shimmery. Super nice creamy texture allows me to wear it alone or over other nude, brownish or pink lipsticks/lipliners. I love it on Jubilee lipstick the most. Definitely HG! I'll never be without it!

on 12/27/2009 11:03:00 AM

There is nothing not to like about this. The color is perfect for a daytime neutral face (some of the other light MAC colors look a little dead or are too shimmery) or a light lip with a smokey eye. The vanilla scent is the best out there (take note, Heidi Klum for VS). The purchase price is donated to helping people living with AIDS worldwide, and if you buy on World AIDS Day, December 1, MAC matches the donation, so instead of getting $14 they get $28. It is also the best lip un-chapper out there. I own every lip balm made (just ask my husband) and nothing was working this week, not even my trusty Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour. One swipe of this not only made me feel better, it also took those flakes right away and stayed on for hours. I don't leave the house without my Viva Glam.

on 4/16/2009 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i bought this today and this is THE perfect nude lipgloss for my NC45 skintone!!! i love how its not sticky and that part of the proceeds go towards a great cause. VG5 is a pretty brown/pink/mauve color with a touch of gold shimmer. HG!!! Yay!!!

on 4/18/2004 10:41:00 PM

Beautiful color, similar to Lust but without that 90s corpsey grey undertone. The addition of shimmer (not glitter) adds dimension. The final effect is a your-lips-but-better shimmery neutral pink, a bit lighter than Lust but not pale. This gloss looks especially beautiful after 30 minutes or so of wear; it soaks into the lips somehow and pinkens them further. In the sunlight the color and shimmer are mesmerizing. Perfect for summer.

on 4/7/2008 9:31:00 PM

The makeup artist at MAC pulled out the Viva Glams (V and VI) when I said that I was looking for neutral lip colors that would help me to look polished, yet natural. She showed me how great Viva Glam V lipstick looked with the matching lipglass, and I thought I'd never try the lipglass alone...well, today I grabbed the gloss and just threw some on, and I'm in love with it all by itself! Wonderful, neutral pink shade with very subtle gold shimmer that looked great with the Jest eyeshadow I had on (w/Star Violet in the crease), but I'm sure would compliment lots of looks equally well. It lasted all evening through lots of talking, and my lips feel soft as well! I can see this becoming a staple. Definitely will repurchase!

on 11/24/2011 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! This, i believe was one of my first ever makeup purchases. I still have it, and i should probably throw it out and buy another one, but i digress.
--------------
SHADE: I'm probably an NC44 in MAC and i wear Warm Honey in Bobbi Brown foundation stick. THis is the perfect lipgloss colour for my lips and skintone(i have heavy yellow undertones). Nothing else matches this.
-------------
TEXTURE: Very very moisturising, makes my lips super soft , super supple and feels really really good. Slightly sticky, but i don't really care. Feels better than your Revlon Starburst Lipglosses(which are not bad imo).
-------------
STAYING POWER: The moisturising lasts a looong time. Seriously. I wore it to sleep and woke up with the same super soft lips. It even helps with burning, chapped lips, i'm not kidding. It lasts longer than my NYX lipliner. The colour wears off though.
-------------
PRICE: I bought it for S$28 in here in Singapore. Expensive compared to buying in the US, but whatever. Sunk cost. Plus i actually like it. So i don't mind.....that much.

on 3/17/2012 4:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This "neutral pink" is brilliant. It adds a depth and pop to the lips. The color is a little different from the Viva Glam V lipstick, but it is just as wearable and pretty. (The lipstick is a little rosier in color.) This can be as "everyday" as it can be made "glamorous". Just change up the eyes. This is a versatile, wearable, FABULOUS shade. And all for a great cause. Highly recommended.

on 5/2/2010 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is a very pretty neutral pink lipgloss with just a slight shimmer. I wear this alone or over Viva Glam VI lipstick. It looks great with bbq lip pencil (discontinued). I will continue to repurchase because 100% of the selling price goes to support persons living with AIDS.