Too Faced Pucker Polish - Cherry

No Image

3.8

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I actually really love this product. I have been on a safari trek searching for the longest lasting lipstain, and surprisingly, this is one of the best. I can put it on at 7:00 in the morning, refresh it at lunch time, and it is still there at evening time. It doesn't leave a "ring" on my lips, it has a lovely color of berry with a lean to violet, and the price on Ebay is very low. I totally agree with other reviewers that the packaging it awful- you receive an ridiculously small amount of stain. But that stain is compatible with every gloss that I have tried over it; it doesn't diminish or fade. I like this better than Nars modesty, which is a very similar shade, better than Chanel, Laura Mercier, Magic Styl'o, Vincent Longo, Mac, Sephora and the drugstore brands. One warning, though- if you buy it on Ebay, make certain that it is not an older package, as it can dry up in the tube if exposed to heat over time. I would buy this again, and actually purchased five tubes to squirrel away for the future.

on 11/3/2006 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Unlike the other reviewers, I would not call this 'bright purple'. It's cherry, but not a red maraschino cherry. This is a deep dark black cherry, like in cherry vanilla ice cream. The stain shows up as a wine color on my lips. My major complaint is that when I apply the gloss after the stain, the stain chunks up and starts to ball up on my lips. I'm going to try what the person below does and apply with a swab instead. I think I am getting too much product at first and that is what causes this. We'll see. Overall, I don't have time for products that don't work well, so I may just toss this. I got it cheap at the Too Faced sale. I think the gloss is bigger than the stain because you would tend to reapply the gloss more often, whereas the stain will last a very long time.

on 6/30/2004 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The stain is AWESOME! it leaves behind a stain of color like Kool-Aid. It stings a little but not enough for me to stop using it. Love the color.

My only rant, and the only thing that kept me from giving it 5 lippies is that there is 10 times more product on the gloss end than the stain end! Although the gloss is wonderful---light & non-sticky, I don't use gloss that often so I will probably go thru this product very quickly.

Otherwise, I love it.

on 3/5/2004 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I agree with the other reviewer that the color of this stain is definitely purple and not cherry as the name implies. All that aside I think the stain is one of the best I've tried (and I've tried many). The stain portion of this two part container does seem to be a little small in comparison to the gloss but it only take the tiniest bit to stain my lips. I have to say that I never apply lip stain directly to my lips - I always apply the stain to one of my Alcone spiral q-tips (which are very tightly wound)and then dab on my lips - this way I get a nice even application and the color is evenly distributed. The lipgloss is nice - a sheery pinky color that goes well with the stain color. The gloss is surprisingly long lasting without being sticky. I will be buying this product in the other two colors as soon as I make another Sephora order. I wish Too Faced would come up with a red stain to go along with the others.

on 3/3/2004 1:43:00 PM

Holy bright purple, batman! Not very cherry at all...more of a rich, bright bright bright purple. Easy application, decent staying power that tends to migrate a bit to the edge of the lip. A tad expensive as there isn't a whole lot of stain in the container, but a little goes a long way. I am PPP and can pull it off on a gutsy day. Pretty color, just not what i expected. Not drying.

Did i mention that this is BRIGHT PURPLE?!