Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Bronze Shimmer

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Bronze Shimmer
Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Bronze Shimmer

4.6

on 3/30/2011 10:12:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this eyeliner! I am so upset that the bronze shimmer is discontinued. Does anyone know where i can buy it?

on 6/22/2010 11:00:00 PM

You guys weren't kidding. This is the most perfect shade of bronze ever, in the most reliable liner formula out there. I have tried them all and this one is WORTH the price and the slight effort to apply. Other cream/gel liners just can't beat this one in my book. (I now own 6, and will get the three more that I have my eye on---Graphite, Ivy, Violet..... as soon as I can!)

on 6/12/2010 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite eyeliner of all time, and definitely the eyeliner I would take with me to a deserted island...and I will join the chorus of those who are upset that it is being discontinued!!!! This is a lovely everyday shade that I imagine flatters a wide variety of eye colors and skin tones. I am olive-skinned (NC 35/40) with almost black hair and blue eyes and this liner gives me a wonderfully polished look - not too much shimmer, and just the right shade of medium brown. The closest product that I can think of to it is MAC's Rich Ground - which is lovely, but much less pigmented, and far more coppery in general (it's also worth noting that MAC Fluidliners dry out much more quickly that BB's liners do). I like to use Bronze Shimmer on top of a wash of Bobbi Brown's Bone or Shore Long-Wear Cream Shadows for a natural, yet well-put-together face. It does not budge all day, no matter the weather. The texture is perfect: no drag, easily buildable, and a snap to apply for even the most liquid-liner phobic of them all (in fact, this was the product that got me over my fear of liquid liners). Try the MAC 209 brush for this one. And then send a note to Bobbi Brown begging her to bring this one back. Please.

on 3/27/2010 10:00:00 AM

I love this!! It has nice shimmer, but not overwhelming. I have herd that is being d/c, which its awful! They dont really have any other colors quite like this. :( I LOVE this on green eyes especially!

on 3/2/2010 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is eyeliner has great staying power, is easy to apply and is a beautiful, natural shade with a bit of sparkle. For work I often just apply one neutral colour across my lid with a liner (I wear thick black rectangular frames and full eye makeup just gets lost) and have always had trouble finding a good natural coloured liner that makes my lashes look thicker, but doesnít make me look like I let Amy Winehouse loose on my face. This does the perfect job and adds that little bit of sparkle that makes all the difference to a neutral eye!

Itís a little expensive but worth every cent Ė one application barely makes a dent in the pot. The only thing I donít love is the mini application brush that came with it, but only because itís a bit too short for my long fingers, the tip itself is great.

I also have this is sepia ink and black.

on 5/2/2009 5:34:00 PM

Perfect...this is a heavily pigmented, shimmery dark bronze eyeliner. Never looks too heavy and is perfect for lighter, summer looks or if you are fair and don't want anything too obvious or heavy (I'm NC15, grey/green/blue eyes). Adds just enough color to define the eye and give my look at little extra polish. It's dark enough to define, not so dark that it overwhelms. Very soft, easy to apply. I use the Laura Mercier flat-topped liner brush. A nice contrast to BB's black ink.

on 4/29/2009 3:15:00 PM

Pretty color but it smudges. Excellent with green eyes. Staying power is fairly poor.

I really like this eyeliner shade. I had been using mahogany and it was a nice soft liner, but very dull. The bronze looks so nice with the green in my eyes.

Unfortunately, I was told by the SA at my BB counter that it's being discontinued. They were all at a loss to say why, saying it is one of their best sellers.

Not sure how true it is, but they were pretty sure.

I LOVE this color. I was looking for something to line my lower lashline that wasn't a harsh black or something too dark. This is perfect. Subtle with a little bit of shimmer. I love that it doesn't make me look like I'm wearing a ton of eye makeup. It also wears well.

on 3/17/2009 7:01:00 AM

This liner is pretty much the same colour in the pot as my natural lash colour so I bought it to add subtle definition for days when my lash tint is growing out and I don't want to wear mascara. Plus, unlike many browns, it has no hint of red. However it goes on very light and sheer - as one of the reviews below says, you can make quite a wide line without it really showing up at all. The lasting power is fine on my oily lids and in contrast to some of the darker gel liners, it doesn't seem to be drying out and cracking in the pot after only 3-6 months, which suggests that it's a little more emollient texture wise, thus leading to the sheerness.

I suspect I'd get a better result if I was wearing a very pale colour as an overall wash with it but unfortunately that doesn't work for me. So overall, while it's a beautiful colour with a great texture, it doesn't work as a liner for me at all.