Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmer Brick  Shimmerbrick

4.3

This is my absolute favorite eye shadow for years now, with a huge caveat:

The greats: The colors are divine. Everything looks great on me, whether I use a single color "brick" or swipe across multiple "bricks" for a combination color. My eyes just "pop". It works in all seasons and no matter how I do the rest of my eyes (classic smoky eye, cateye, professional muted makeup, or balls-out evening party makeup). It lasts and lasts and doesn't need reapplication. It doesn't settle in the crease (unless I've been heavy-handed with the primer) and I've had the same compact for going on 5 years now...

The huge caveat: It seems more fragile than other eye shadows - within a month, two times it shattered when in my makeup bag in my purse, and I don't have anything vigorous in my routine other than going from work to the gym and back home, rinse and repeat. I had to buy two new compacts and they also shattered. I can still use the old ones at home, even though they're crumbled; I just use a good eyeshadow brush and it works perfectly. However, for transport and use every day, say from work to the gym, it's totally not usable.

on 12/21/2016 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was lucky enough to find this as part of a Bobbi Brown trio for a great price. I hadn't heard a lot about the shimmer brick from any of my usual bloggers other than that they owned one and loved it. I was mainly attracted to it because of how pretty it looked. I noted it's multiple uses (bronzer, highlighter, eye colour) and have tried using it for all three.

Firstly bronzer; being a shimmer it's not ideal for an all over bronzer, I personally like to use this over my bronzer on the high points of my face, It adds a lovely bronzed glow.

Eyeshadow; gorgeous lid shades, very pigmented when packed on with a finger, the lightest shade makes a lovely inner corner and brow bone shade.

Finally highlighter; each shade in the shimmer brick can be used as a highlighter, i uses the lightest one in the winter months and throughout the year as I've tanned I've been able to highlight with the darker shades.

Overall this product has a multitude of uses, and it works incredibly well for each one.

My only negative is that my bronze one has smashed, I thought I was gentle with it but the strips are now a bit jumbled.

on 3/24/2015 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not my favorite of the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks. I don't know why but I find this to be the least pigmented one I own and too golden-y/white to look good on me. I far prefer pink/champagne/ nude highlights. This is ok, but not great.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I use this almost every day. The top white color is an amazing highlighter. Using it on its own creates that coveted dramatic glowing effect that is really popular right now. For a more subtle/everyday look on fair to medium skin, I run my brush across all the colors and it really creates a natural dewy glow. I haven't seen beige being sold lately, and I really hope it's not discontinued, but I would be willing to try another one because of the quality.

Really enjoy the subtlety of this product, perfect for work.

on 5/21/2015 8:43:00 PM

I use it as a brush, eyeshadow and highlighter. I can't going out without put it on my face. The price is expensive but it is worth to buy because I bought this year a go and still have it left. It is extremely valuable. It just need to brush on top my color brush aging to finish my makeup. It make my face look very healthy and shimmering. Please don't get it wrong that It will make your face look too shimmering because it doesn't have powder on those shimmer color. It is a pure brick shimmer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bobbi Brown's beige shimmer brick is my absolute favourite highlighter for day-wear. I have quite pale skin, so a lot of highlighters I find can look too glittery and pigmented on me. My other favourite highlighter is the Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer, however it is so pigmented that I find it looks too intensive for day-to-day wear. This is where the beige shimmer brick comes in handy. It provides a gorgeous, candle-lit glow to the skin when swept along the cheekbones, browbone and cupid's bow. This highlighter is very long-lasting and doesn't fade throughout the day. Additionally, I haven't found fall-out to be a problem at all. I'd recommend this highlighter to those with pale-medium skin. People with darker skin tones may find this highlighter a bit too light, in which case I'd recommend the bronze shimmerbrick. My only real complaint about this product is the price. In Australia, it retails for $72 AUD. While this product is good, I don't think it merits this kind of a price tag. Overall, this is a stunning highlighter that provides a subtle, long-lasting glow and is suitable for day to day usage.

This is a wonderful product which I actually bought by mistake. I'm guessing the woman at Bobbi Brown who sold this to me was new to the job... cos she told me this was an eyeshadow palette :/ ah well, never mind. This is a gorgeous highlighter that gives me a very subtle pale gold dewiness. If I'd known what it was at time of purchase, I probably would have gone with the Rose colour but I find the Beige suits my fair-medium tone (neutral undertones) down to the ground

on 9/12/2014 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am totally in love with this highlighter/ illuminator/ eye shadow/ everything! I have quite pale skin so I struggle with using bronzers without looking dirty, especially in winter. So after seeing this product on a friend I absolutely had to have it. It gives the most gorgeous, subtle golden sheen to the cheeks when dusted over blush, I also sweep it up over my temples and onto the outer part of my forehead which leaves a light glow, and adds contour to my face without looking like war paint! I also use the lightest shade as a highlighter on my brow bone and cupids bow which catches the light looks so pretty. If I'm in a rush it also looks great as an all-over eye shadow, and with more time can create a lovely light golden smokey eye. If I'm going out at night and am really after an illuminated look I use my fingers to pat in onto my cheekbones and it instantly adds more definition and structure. I am so happy with this purchase and can't wait to pick up some more colours!
xoxo Miss Skye

on 1/11/2015 7:46:00 AM

The sales girl said this should be used as a blusher and I was really surprised because to me the color looked like it should be a bronzer or highlighter. Anyway, she did this washed out version of a smoke eye and used the shimmer brick as a blusher. In the department store`s powerful lighting it looked nice, but later when I walked into daylight it didn`t look so natural, I glowed like a disco ball and the pores on my cheeks were emphasized.

However, I`ve experimented with it on my own and realized that 1)This is a wonderful highlighter! and 2)It works even better as an eyeshadow. It`s a very long lasting product, even on my oily lids, and the colors did not crease. As a highlighter you have to apply carefully and in small quantities. I`m glad I bought this now but I am not so sure if I would repurchase, because I find it a bit expensive to use for an eyeshadow and I prefer much more finely milled pearl in my highlighter. Still, the colors look so pretty, I would want to try some of the other shades as well, but this time I will check how they look in daylight before I purchase.