Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmer Brick  Shimmerbrick

4.3

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I use this almost every day. The top white color is an amazing highlighter. Using it on its own creates that coveted dramatic glowing effect that is really popular right now. For a more subtle/everyday look on fair to medium skin, I combine the white with maybe one or two other shades. Otherwise, the darker colors are too dark to be a highlighter, and way too shimmery to be a blush or bronzer. However, I still have to commend it because I can imagine it would look amazing and glowy on darker skin. I suppose it could be used as shimmery eyeshadow as well. I love the shimmer brick, but if I ever purchase it again, I may get a different shade. The illuminating effect of the lighter colors is incredible but I just have little to no use for half the palette.

on 5/21/2015 8:43:00 PM

I use it as a brush, eyeshadow and highlighter. I can't going out without put it on my face. The price is expensive but it is worth to buy because I bought this year a go and still have it left. It is extremely valuable. It just need to brush on top my color brush aging to finish my makeup. It make my face look very healthy and shimmering. Please don't get it wrong that It will make your face look too shimmering because it doesn't have powder on those shimmer color. It is a pure brick shimmer.

To Read all 184 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/24/2015 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not my favorite of the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks. I don't know why but I find this to be the least pigmented one I own and too golden-y/white to look good on me. I far prefer pink/champagne/ nude highlights. This is ok, but not great.

Really enjoy the subtlety of this product, perfect for work.

on 1/11/2015 7:46:00 AM

The sales girl said this should be used as a blusher and I was really surprised because to me the color looked like it should be a bronzer or highlighter. Anyway, she did this washed out version of a smoke eye and used the shimmer brick as a blusher. In the department store`s powerful lighting it looked nice, but later when I walked into daylight it didn`t look so natural, I glowed like a disco ball and the pores on my cheeks were emphasized.

However, I`ve experimented with it on my own and realized that 1)This is a wonderful highlighter! and 2)It works even better as an eyeshadow. It`s a very long lasting product, even on my oily lids, and the colors did not crease. As a highlighter you have to apply carefully and in small quantities. I`m glad I bought this now but I am not so sure if I would repurchase, because I find it a bit expensive to use for an eyeshadow and I prefer much more finely milled pearl in my highlighter. Still, the colors look so pretty, I would want to try some of the other shades as well, but this time I will check how they look in daylight before I purchase.

on 9/12/2014 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am totally in love with this highlighter/ illuminator/ eye shadow/ everything! I have quite pale skin so I struggle with using bronzers without looking dirty, especially in winter. So after seeing this product on a friend I absolutely had to have it. It gives the most gorgeous, subtle golden sheen to the cheeks when dusted over blush, I also sweep it up over my temples and onto the outer part of my forehead which leaves a light glow, and adds contour to my face without looking like war paint! I also use the lightest shade as a highlighter on my brow bone and cupids bow which catches the light looks so pretty. If I'm in a rush it also looks great as an all-over eye shadow, and with more time can create a lovely light golden smokey eye. If I'm going out at night and am really after an illuminated look I use my fingers to pat in onto my cheekbones and it instantly adds more definition and structure. I am so happy with this purchase and can't wait to pick up some more colours!
xoxo Miss Skye

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bobbi Brown's beige shimmer brick is my absolute favourite highlighter for day-wear. I have quite pale skin, so a lot of highlighters I find can look too glittery and pigmented on me. My other favourite highlighter is the Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer, however it is so pigmented that I find it looks too intensive for day-to-day wear. This is where the beige shimmer brick comes in handy. It provides a gorgeous, candle-lit glow to the skin when swept along the cheekbones, browbone and cupid's bow. This highlighter is very long-lasting and doesn't fade throughout the day. Additionally, I haven't found fall-out to be a problem at all. I'd recommend this highlighter to those with pale-medium skin. People with darker skin tones may find this highlighter a bit too light, in which case I'd recommend the bronze shimmerbrick. My only real complaint about this product is the price. In Australia, it retails for $72 AUD. While this product is good, I don't think it merits this kind of a price tag. Overall, this is a stunning highlighter that provides a subtle, long-lasting glow and is suitable for day to day usage.

This is a wonderful product which I actually bought by mistake. I'm guessing the woman at Bobbi Brown who sold this to me was new to the job... cos she told me this was an eyeshadow palette :/ ah well, never mind. This is a gorgeous highlighter that gives me a very subtle pale gold dewiness. If I'd known what it was at time of purchase, I probably would have gone with the Rose colour but I find the Beige suits my fair-medium tone (neutral undertones) down to the ground

on 1/30/2014 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought this Shimmer Brick in Beige when the Bobbi Brown store I went to had ran out of the one I had in the Original (after 5 years' continuous daily usage).

Even though the Beige Shimmer Brick is marketed to target lighter/fair skin whilst I have a medium skin tone, it turned out to be a lucky discovery as by then I'd switched using the Shimmer Brick from a bronzer to a highlighter.

I use this product to highlight the tops of my cheeks after contouring, to the inner corners of my eyes, and the middle T of my forehead. The colour is a dewy candlelight glow, which I then set with the Bobbi Brown Retouching Powder. I think the powder is more finely milled as the shimmer has a satiny look whereas the Original had a more glittery finish. Even though I've been very tempted to try out the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders after reading the rave reviews online, my temptation has so far been curbed every time I check the finished results of the Beige Shimmer Brick in the mirror.

The price is particularly great for value: the headline figure compares favourably with comparable products but, more amazingly, the Shimmer Brick lasts for ages. Still no dent in mine after 9 months' daily usage.

on 10/16/2011 8:15:00 PM

Unique product! I don't have anything like it! It gives my dry skin a beautiful sheen when applied above my cheekbones. Good job bobbi brown!