Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

2.8

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

OMG, worst mascara ever! I don't know if I got a bad tube or what but this was the clumpiest thing I've ever had to deal with. After just 1 coat, my lashes became spider legs (did I mention I was arachnophobic?) and flaked into my eyes within a couple hours.

I love Maybelline mascaras but this was just the worst beauty product I've ever tried. After just two uses, this was in the trash.

I don't get all the rave reviews about this, but then again, there is a possibility that I got a bad tube.

on 9/27/2008 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Volume? Not really. This mascara did more lengthening for my lashes than thickening, and even then it wasn't that big of a difference from my naked lashes. This mascara did have some staying power, but not much. I didn't have a problem with smudging or running, so it is waterproof, but it started to flake off after about 6 hours of wear. I'm very disappointed in this product; any Maybelline mascara I buy in the future it'll be the one in the pink bottle with the green cap (<-- which has been great for me time and time again).

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm on the fence with this one. I orginally purchased this when it was first introduced about 4 years ago. It did the job, but i was looking for more. Since then, I have gone through countless tubes from countless companies, so I decided to give this one a second go around. The wand used to be thicker(not as thick as Diorshow, but close). It's now really small (think MAC zoomlash). It gave me volume and length, but not as much as I thought because I was expecting "zoom" lashes. I'm not too sure if I will repurchase.

on 1/23/2008 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have ot admit i hated this one at first. But i found a way of applying that makes my lashes look fake. Get the roots, then the middle and then the ends will make it look like u are wearing false lashes. I recommend this stuff...and i have to say I love the fat tube...what is it about fat tube mascaras that makes it seem as though its gonna give you big lashes?

on 12/21/2007 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Got this on an amazing sale at CVS where you purchase either a mascara or l/g and get another of the same product for free! I originally grabbed Great Lash but at the counter the clerk informed that it was excluded from the sale. Bummer. So I rushed back and grabbed this one instead. First, let me mention that I *loved* the way the one in the blue packaging (volume express also) made my lashes look so I figured this one would be just as great.
I applied one coat and got nothing out of it. Then I applied another coat, making sure I swiped my lashes several time and NOW we're talking! It made my lashes look full, but not too thick, and separated them well.
I went along my day when I noticed my eyes becoming irritated and they started to itch. My lids then got puffy and my eye started shutting down. Yikes!!! I ran home to wash it off and then noticed it wasn't coming off!! DUH!!! I picked up the waterproof version *by mistake*.
Just like the other volume express in the blue tube, which was also waterproof, it didnt work out for my eyes. I'm convienced my eyes are sensitive to all waterproof mascaras, which really sucks cuz the effect I got from this one was amazing.
I didnt look so hot with an irritated droopy eye so I immediately tossed it. Good thing I got it on sale. Still a great mascara, but not for me.

on 8/7/2007 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool

This mascara did not work well with me. It was clumpy, but that was easily resolved with Tweezerman's I-lash comb. My problem is that it irritate my eyes and this has never happened with any mascara before. Even after I washed it off, I still felt like it was there, stinging my eyes. It didn't seem to add the 7x volume it touted and really, it just seemed to me like any other mascara. Nothing special.

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

Edited: Ok, I changed my mind. This is crap. Yup, I said it. It dries the bejivis out of my lashes, makes them all crunchy and stuff and I didn't read "waterproof" anywhere in the label so why in the world did this take me like 3-4 washes, including eye makeup remover to take off?
No, will not repurchase and might actually toss.

on 1/16/2007 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using this formula for a long time. I really like it, the only thing that i would say bad about this mascara is that I had a lot of trouble it off (of course.. it's waterproof), but I found a solution, vaseline! Trust me ladies, it works!
**edit** I am taking off one other lippie because I have found that this does in fact smear, even the waterproof. After I finish what I have I am going to try some other mascaras.

on 11/6/2006 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is terrible compared to the waterproof Turbo version. This non-waterproof mascara doesn't do a thing for my long but stick straight Asian lashes. I curl them, apply this mascara, and ten seconds later it's zapped the curl right out of my lashes and they are back to being straight. The things I love about the waterproof version of this are mainly that it is a) extremely good at holding a curl and b) very long lasting, doesn't smudge.The non-waterproof Turbo mascara cannot hold a curl, but it is still long lasting. Unfortunately, I buy mascara to "lock in" the curl, so this stuff is useless for me. I would maaaaybe recommend this to fans of L'Oreal's Voluminous mascara, it does the same thing on my lashes - makes them darker and somewhat clumpy but lasts a long time. continued >>

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I think this is a pretty good mascara. It does give my lashes volume without clumps. I love the brush. Makes it easy to have thick, but seperated lashes. Even with several coats, still looks and feels natural.***** UPDATE 3/7/07 *****CoverGirl Lash Exact & Volume Exact are my new HG mascaras. continued >>