Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.0

on 11/14/2010 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is a great waterproof mascara, with the standard bristle brush not the horrible plastic ones! Formula last all day, does not smudge, holds curls well, i found i did not need my usual shiesido base coat with this mascara.
It does take at least three coats to make my lashes a lot fuller. I prefer this one over my L'oreal lash architect now.

on 5/22/2010 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

haven't found any mascara that could beat this...period!!!

on 3/4/2010 3:56:00 AM

I really liked this mascara because it does what it says. One coat for a natural look and two for a dramatic look. It's wonderful because it holds my curl all day, it doesn't smudge and it seperates my lashes, also, it's quiet dark and gives me dramatic lashes. However, it does make my eyes teary sometimes and I don't like the look of the packaging.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm fortunate enough to have naturally and long curly eye-lashes, so when purchasing my next mascara I was really looking for something with the wow factor. This was NOT it. The brush does not pass neatly through my lashes and even when using a brush from another mascara it clumps incredibly easily, is messy and as soon as it dries it's prone to flaking.

I tried this one recently as the blue tube version has always been a good fall back and doesn't budge in water. It promises 5x thickness whereas the blue tube version of this is 3x. Application is really good, and it looks good for a few hours, definitely thicker than the blue tube formula, but the tradeoff seems to be that this one does start to creep away from your lashes after a few hours of wear. And I never tried it in water.

on 4/18/2009 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I looooooooooooooooooooooooooved this product.
it is definitely a very good investment.
the mascara is truly long lasting and absolutely water proof.

on 2/17/2009 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

CONTINUE FOR PICTURES

With two coats on.

I wanted to try this mascara out since it had decent reviews on makeupalley. I did not like it at all. The formula is very wet. For a waterproof mascara, it did not hold my curl all that well. Thickening was so so. Ive tried a lot better that are equally affordable (MAX Factor Lash Perfection). continued >>

on 5/24/2008 11:24:00 AM

I have the volum express curved brush version, which is my HG mascara. So when I heard about this 'turbo' version I thought "wow, it'll work even better than my original!"

This mascara doesn't have the curved brush, which is a down-side. The stick straight brush made it really hard for me to build up volume, & there were hardly any bristles on the brush.

This neither lengthened or volumized my lashes. After putting on 3 coats I was really frustrated - the only difference to my lashes was that they looked darker.

Definately won't repurchase or recommend. My original volum express curved brush is 10 x better than this!

on 4/25/2008 10:39:00 AM

i saw this on sale so i didn't really have to think twice. i thought i got it in black but found out i picked up brown instead. i tried it later and was pleasantly surprised that the brown colour didn't stick out but blended really well with my lashes. it gave my lashes a real curl and didn't droop and i only put one coat on and curled my eyelashes twice !. it doesn't flake off like other mascaras tend to do giving you little black specks on your face. it was fairly easy to remove , however i noticed ONE eyelash left on my cotton tissue ? i could be over thinking! but good product nevertheless!!

on 4/18/2008 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I Love this mascara. I have long eyelashes but they are sparse, so I wanted to add volume. This is the mascara you want to buy, in black. Offcourse, as with all mascaras, I have to put one layer on, wait a bit for it to dry, then another layer, until I have 2-3 coats. It almost looks like I have fake eyelashes on, at least those were the compliments? I got.