Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.1

on 2/4/2008 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Doesn't work as good as original???
what's the point!!!
x

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Update 12/09/2007: Unfortunately I have to drop all the lippies from my original review now. I've been alternating between this and the Maybelline Unstoppable mascara in a bid to finish them as quickly as I can. Its taken me a while to cotton on to the fact that these 2 mascaras are causing my lashes to falI out when i remove them in the evening! And I have never had a problem with my lashes dropping off together with the makeup remover - I doubt its the remover's fault since I go over my entire face with it to remove sunscreen, even from the eye area, and no lashes come off when I'm not using either of the 2 Maybelline mascaras. While I've never had this problem with previous maybelline mascaras, for the sake of my lashes which are few enough as it is, I will never, ever use any mascaras from Maybelline again, even if I got them for free.************ This is great! I've been wanting to test mascaras with a comb wand - and had already shortlisted the Bourjois Yes to Volume No to Clumps, as well as Maybelline's Lash Stylist. However I saw this on sale for just a little over S$10 yesterday, and got a tube of the waterproof version to try since most mascaras smudge on me (i don't use eyelash curlers so the corners of my upper lashes end up touching my undereye area.) To my surprise, this mascara gave me long, separated lashes, and even lifted it up! I didn't get much volume, but my lashes were miiiiiles long. and very defined as well. I actually looked as though I did tightlining, and my hubby woke up from a nap and said - "your eyes sparkle so beautifully." How's that from a guy who never notices whether I have mascara on or not! The best thing is, it didn't budge or smudge even after a whole day of sweating and walking around, running errands in the rain, etc. But it came off easily with my avalon organics cleansing milk. I'm definitely picking up more tubes to stash before the sale ends. HG!.

on 8/29/2006 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

GOD! I hate this mascara, but this may be because I am comparing it to Lancome Fatale that I have on my other lashes simultaniously. But looking side by side I must say that this turbo crap looks awful. It took like a billion coats to get any volume and then it started to clump together. Also my lashes started sticking in all sorts of directions (crossing over each other) this may be the bane of my long curly lashes but this mascara only applifyed the effect. I think I am going to have to take this stuff back. Ugh! I bought this stuff BOGO and also purchased Maybelline's intenze xxl mascara (much better mascara, more of a lenghtener than a volumizer though). I must say that I don't like the chunky tube it comes in either.

on 3/14/2009 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

When i bought it i remember me liking it...however it was my first mascara. maybe it was good then. i hear that mascaras "get bad" after a couple months. mine smells funky too. and when i use it now it is HORRIBLY clumpy and won't lengthen. it does make them thick though. too bad that thick lashes are not sexy when its filled with clumps. i'm sure you've seen people with those lashes from time to time. ick. it's also very hard to take off if you don't have a eye makeup remover. well honestly, i don't disbelieve the people who swear it looks so fabulous on them, but mine doesn't look good on me at all.

on 7/19/2008 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have short, uncurly lashes for reference. Much more worse than the volum express mascara.. It clumped my lashes, uncurled them after using eyelash curler, smudged everywhere. It gave me length but barely any volume. Will never buy again..

on 3/17/2006 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Well this product was not a good one for me because it was really clumpy. When i say clumpy i mean CLUMPY. When i took it out of the tube, it was packed with mascara, and when i applied it was everywhere on my lashes, which are already long, so this was not a good choice for me.

on 1/4/2010 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Its pretty okay with volume but not so good with length

on 5/7/2009 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Ladies, If you don't mind putting on three coats then maybe you will like this mascara. The package said you see instant volume. I disagree. I have never had to put three coats of any mascara on my eyes before. It added length eventually but the only way it added volume was on my third coat and that was because it was clumping. There are better mascaras for your money.

on 2/2/2009 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like the fact that it does add dramatic volume to the lash, but I hate the flaky under the eyes after half a day.....I have to got to the restrooms to check the falling flakes every now and then, and I need to use the heated eyelash curler to prevent it from sagging down, I would much rather choose Lancome's mascara over this

on 7/17/2008 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

There's nothing special about this mascara that I can see. It's a basic everyday, semi-natural look for me. I'd hypothetically buy it again, except I'm still searching for my HG of volumizing mascara, so I probably won't. I'll finish out this tube and move on. I haven't noticed any real negatives to this as far as clumping, flaking, losing a curl, etc., but I did take off a lippie because it promises "turbo" volume and doesn't deliver.