Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.0

on 2/2/2009 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like the fact that it does add dramatic volume to the lash, but I hate the flaky under the eyes after half a day.....I have to got to the restrooms to check the falling flakes every now and then, and I need to use the heated eyelash curler to prevent it from sagging down, I would much rather choose Lancome's mascara over this

on 7/19/2008 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have short, uncurly lashes for reference. Much more worse than the volum express mascara.. It clumped my lashes, uncurled them after using eyelash curler, smudged everywhere. It gave me length but barely any volume. Will never buy again..

on 2/19/2008 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I have been using this mascara on and off for a few years now. Everytime I see a commericial for some new awsome mascara I run out and buy, just to end up dissappointed. I have short sparse lashes and this has given me the best consistent results. I am also a contact lens wearer so finding a good mascara is a must. I apply about two to three coats depending on my mood and get great volume and noticeable length. It's enough for my bf to notice a difference which when it comes to make-up he usually doesn't. I will admit that I know it is time to get a new bottle because it gets a bit clumpy and dry, but nothing a lash comb can't help with. For the price I have yet to find anything better! Def worth a shot.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Update 12/09/2007: Unfortunately I have to drop all the lippies from my original review now. I've been alternating between this and the Maybelline Unstoppable mascara in a bid to finish them as quickly as I can. Its taken me a while to cotton on to the fact that these 2 mascaras are causing my lashes to falI out when i remove them in the evening! And I have never had a problem with my lashes dropping off together with the makeup remover - I doubt its the remover's fault since I go over my entire face with it to remove sunscreen, even from the eye area, and no lashes come off when I'm not using either of the 2 Maybelline mascaras. While I've never had this problem with previous maybelline mascaras, for the sake of my lashes which are few enough as it is, I will never, ever use any mascaras from Maybelline again, even if I got them for free.************ This is great! I've been wanting to test mascaras with a comb wand - and had already shortlisted the Bourjois Yes to Volume No to Clumps, as well as Maybelline's Lash Stylist. However I saw this on sale for just a little over S$10 yesterday, and got a tube of the waterproof version to try since most mascaras smudge on me (i don't use eyelash curlers so the corners of my upper lashes end up touching my undereye area.) To my surprise, this mascara gave me long, separated lashes, and even lifted it up! I didn't get much volume, but my lashes were miiiiiles long. and very defined as well. I actually looked as though I did tightlining, and my hubby woke up from a nap and said - "your eyes sparkle so beautifully." How's that from a guy who never notices whether I have mascara on or not! The best thing is, it didn't budge or smudge even after a whole day of sweating and walking around, running errands in the rain, etc. But it came off easily with my avalon organics cleansing milk. I'm definitely picking up more tubes to stash before the sale ends. HG!.

on 1/22/2006 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff! this stuff really does give my lashes absolute volume and my lashes are very thin and short. i actually do believe that this does give more volume than the regular Volum Express and i have been using that one for years. i do believe this can clump a little bit (nothing a good lash comb couldn't tae care of) which is why i like to use Lash Discovery first as a base and then layer this over it. the best part is that it has never flaked or smudged on me.