Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

All of the Maybelline Volum' Express incarnations have worked well for me, and this is no exception.

Color-I have 'Very Black' and the color is just that.

Application/Formula- The brush is of medium size, and bristles are of medium density. Easy application with the begin at the root and wiggle motion, the formula is a medium consistency. I apply two coats to get the look I want and I run a clean spoolie through to separate anything that has stuck together. My lashes are medium-long and tend to tangle, so that last step is necessary for me regardless of what product I use. I have no clumping issues with the product. The product smells like the non toxic acrylic paints used in kindergarden the world over. It's waterproof enough for my purposes. No migrating or smudging in 12+ hours of wear unless I rub my eyes like mad. Comes off easily with cold cream and a warm washcloth. I have had no issues with this drying out in the tube or getting goopy.

Effect- This gives my longish but not terribly thick lashes a boost of volume and thickness. The effect is medium to dramatic, depending on how long I fiddle with it. There's a picture up top, the lady with the green/hazel eyes and out of control eyebrows, that's me with two coats on.

on 8/14/2011 1:01:00 PM

I love this Mascara! It lengthens my lashes and volumises them too! Although it does smudge quite easily for a waterproof mascara. It really opens up my eyes and I'm constantly getting compliments about my eyelashes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I used to love Cliniques High Impact Mascara but was looking for a cheaper alternative and boy did this mascara live up to its hype! I think I have quite 'normal' eyelashes that are of mid length and a little bit sparse looking without mascara but once I put this on it looks amazing. I really love that one or 2 coats is nice for a standard day look but if I curl my eyelashes and go for a heavier application I really can get amazingly thick and dramatic looking eyes that have even more drama than the Clinique High Impact. The only thing that stopped me frm giving this 5 lippies is the fact that it can clump a little bit (although to be honest that is after many many coats) and that it can be very difficult to remove at night even with a good eye makeup remover. All in all a really versatile and fantastic product for a great price..... will definately be keeping it as a makeup bag staple!

This is my go to mascara... something I always come back to.. this is the same formula as the new falsies mascara, only difference is the wand.

on 12/29/2010 12:32:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is probably my favorite waterproof mascara ever! It doesn't flake, and it lengthens and volumizes my lashes while holding the curl better than any other mascara I've tried. A definite repurchase. I love this stuff!

on 10/13/2010 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Just finished my first tube. It lasted about three months but I don't use the same mascara everyday. I liked the formula and the brush. Holds a curl, no smudging and no clumping. I've always been satisfied with Maybelline WP mascaras. Can't decide if I like this better than Falsies so I'll probably repurchase either one depending on what's available.

on 8/13/2010 4:05:00 AM

This mascara is a really good waterproof mascara. This summer I bought it specially for hollidays on the beach and I didn't have any problems like smudging, clumps or i-don't-know-what-else))) and plus I wear contact lenses!
I also like the colour and the volume that it gives to my lashes. After 2 coats my lashes almost touche eye brows. It looks like you have naturally long ultra black eye lashes.
I have to use make-up remover because i can't wash it away with water but I guess it's about all waterproof mascaras.

on 6/30/2010 10:33:00 AM

I have been using this mascara for yonks, I have strayed to others out of curiosity but I always end up going back. I tend to stock up in the far east because they have the curved wand with the waterproof formula there.

First of all, I think it's a great value mascara, it's a drugstore brand so it's cheap. It doesn't clump and it gives my lashes both length and tonnes of volume. It doesn't smudge and give me panda eyes like other mascaras I have tried. The brush gives me a lovely fluttery, separated look and quite frankly I think it's one of the best mascaras money can buy.

I find that I can remove it easily at the end of the day without many lash casualties with boots no7 eye make up remover.
Another thing is, it seems to last longer than other mascaras, as in it doesn't go yucky as fast which is great!

I love this mascara, I'm not sure I will find anything better!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is an okay mascara. It does a good job of volumizing but it tends to flake and it's definitely not waterproof.

on 12/27/2009 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this mascara, it is very similar to the regular volum express, I have the waterproof in the light blue tube, so either one will work well. I haven't used it enough to compare which one works better, the brush on the turbo boost has a bit more bristles, so it probably coats more. Maybelline mascaras have been good to me, they are cheap and do the job very well. I have regular sized lashes, not dark, not full and this mascara is a god-send.