Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.3

This ended up being an okay mascara. I ended up getting rid of it because it just didn't wow me.

on 10/31/2006 4:45:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I was soo disappointed with this mascara. After 3 or 4 sweeps it barely looked like I had anything on. This didn't even give half the results I got from 1 sweep of Maxfactor's Masterpiece. This isn't even worth 5 and I can't believe it is from the same make as XXL beacuse that is fantastic for full on bold lashes.

worst mascara ever. soo clumpy. looks horrible. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. try maybelline intense xxl if you want volume, its amazing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff claims to add five times the volume to your lashes and fails to deliver. It builds minimal length and no real thickness. Formula is dry and clumpy and hard to wash off to boot. Stick to the regular Volum Express mascara-it's great and works very well. Would never repurchase this.

on 12/27/2005 1:43:00 PM

i was expecting for this to be a pretty good mascara, as i tried the waterproof version and loved it, but it was a piece of shit. i curl my eyelashes before i apply mascara, and it completely destoyed the curl..there was nooo volume at all..and it was very hard to coat the lashes..and didnt dry yet (half an hour later...). in conclusion, this mascara is comparable to maybelline's other piece of crap, great lash, and should be avoided. i dont know why i just didnt stick to covergirl's super thick lash...2000x better.

on 7/26/2004 11:41:00 AM

I went on a Maybelline eye make up shopping spree but oh my Lord...this mascara must be the king of all clumpy mascaras. I have never ever used a mascara as clumpy as this one; even my eye lash comb can't fix it. This didn't do very much in terms of volume or length. This did thicken though but it probably came about from all the clumping. My Dior maximeyes is 10x better. I threw this into the trash.

I tried this one recently as the blue tube version has always been a good fall back and doesn't budge in water. It promises 5x thickness whereas the blue tube version of this is 3x. Application is really good, and it looks good for a few hours, definitely thicker than the blue tube formula, but the tradeoff seems to be that this one does start to creep away from your lashes after a few hours of wear. And I never tried it in water.

on 4/28/2008 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Too clumpy.. also too much product came out !

on 8/31/2007 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using Great Lash for several years but I usually try the new and prominently advertised mascaras when they come out. So far, nothing has provided comparable results. I had not paid much attentiont to this one but was looking for a new mascara when the reviews for it caught my eye. Unfortunately $7 later, I'm not impressed. It darkened my lashes but that's about it (besides a few clumps). I don't want anything dramatic but I do need some fullness and lengthening. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

on 3/23/2005 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ugh! With a name like Volum Express Turbo I would have expected a mascara that gave me a false eyelash efffect. This did no such thing. I already have semi-long lashes but need love the super lush look. Not only did this mascara fail to deliver in the thickening department but it flaked and smeared, too. Not work the $3.89 I spent on it...it is going in the garbage!