Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.3

on 4/30/2011 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

My favorite mascara at the moment. I find it works best to put on several thin coats and let it dry a little in between. Lengthening and volumizing. I don't find it too difficult to remove. I use the Neutrogena Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover.

This ended up being an okay mascara. I ended up getting rid of it because it just didn't wow me.

I tried this one recently as the blue tube version has always been a good fall back and doesn't budge in water. It promises 5x thickness whereas the blue tube version of this is 3x. Application is really good, and it looks good for a few hours, definitely thicker than the blue tube formula, but the tradeoff seems to be that this one does start to creep away from your lashes after a few hours of wear. And I never tried it in water.

on 8/26/2009 8:29:00 AM

this has been my HG wp mascara for years. once i curl my lashes & apply 2 coats my lashes stay lush, thick, volumized & curled. i have never had issues with flaking, only comes off when i remove it with eye makeup remover.
one caveat, can sometimes be a little hard to remove, take care when removing so as to not tug out any lashes.

blackest black is black, dries down nice, not too matte.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've used this mascara for Years... it makes me little lashes look large & in charge! Holds the curl well and doesn't look clumpy. I couldn't be without it!

on 8/19/2008 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Makes my lashes look thicker rather than long. I got caught in a relly heavy reain storm wearing this, when I got home, I looked like I had just jumped in a pool with my clothes on, my mascarra was still intact! It comes off with hot water though.

on 6/19/2008 8:34:00 AM

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! its so goooood.
If you want volume and thick eye lashes, go for this one.
This mascara really opens up your eyes!!! instantly and makes your eyes look big!
I've tried Chanel, Dior, Lancome and so many brand named products but it wasn't the best!!
I think maybellline and max factor are one of the best companies for mascaras! anyway seeya!
I've used this product like 4-5times already

on 4/28/2008 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Too clumpy.. also too much product came out !

on 3/26/2008 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this mascara! I first curl my lashes, use my shiseido mascara base primer, and then two coats of this mascara. Loreal voluminous used to be my HG but I think this has replaced it.

I always come back to this mascara. I think I've bought it about 4 times now. I have long eyelashes & this helps make them stand out. It creates a little curl, a lot of volume, & nice color. I usually get the brown/black. It does sometimes get a little clumpy, but i dont mind that at all, though I could see how some people would hate this mascara because of that. Best drugstore mascara...& even better than most high end mascaras, IMO.