Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.5

on 11/20/2013 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

it was my very first mascara during my school days. i was pretty happy with it, good enough for me to thicken my thin eyelashes. the price is ok too, but too bad its easily dry. i recommend this for girls who want to learn using make up

on 4/10/2013 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I have purchased about 3 tubes of this mascara and I love it. I use waterproof mascara because I like to hold curl in my lashes. This product comes off fine with a cleansing oil. The color is very pigmented and gives the lashes a very dramatic look. I used to use MUFE smoky lash but this is a good dupe for it. I love how full and long it makes lashes look.

on 1/16/2010 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I always have trouble with mascaras. Having oily skin and long lashes is not suitable for mascaras.

I curl my lashes as usual, using Maybeline Curler.Take out the applicator, wipe excess masacra from the wand and apply one layer in zig-zag motion.

The result is disappointing, my lashes slowly go back to long-stick-straight phase and if blink too much, it will smudge bad, really bad.

So,for oily skin and long lashes... long wearing ? No. Volume ?No,Though my lashes are naturally lush, the wand makes them disappear into few chunks. Length ? Little bit ( my lashes are naturallylong )

i bought this recently, very very good mascara! lengthens, gives natural volume, no clumps, lashes DONT DROP. The only criticisims are: it smudges a bit (i hv very oily eyelids), but applying another layer of smudge-proof mascara on top solves the problem! i also found it a lil bit difficult to remove, will try their non-waterproof one next time!! Perrrrrrfect otherwise!!!

I used clinique lash power, shu uemura ultimate expression, benefit badgal, shiseido macquillage lengthening, maybelline define-a-lash etc etc, this one is the best i used so far!

on 12/21/2008 11:09:00 PM

If you have straight Asian eyelash then this product is definitely for you! I have tried all kind of high end brands to the drugstore one and no mascara can beat this one. I use Shiseido eyelash curler then apply it, and it holds the curl all day. No lengthen or fancy volumn, but it doesnt bother me since I have long lash. I love the curl because it makes my eyes look bigger. Just wish the color is more intense, even the blackest black is still not dark enough. However for $7 (and they often have buy 1 get second 50% in ulta), I give it a full 5 and will keep repurchase it.

on 3/21/2008 7:53:00 PM

this is the best mascara i've tried from maybelline.....a friend recommended this to me so i gave it a try..........it adds lengths, define and volumize my lashes........and it keeps the curl for a long time.....but off course with chingy eyes liked me i still need to curl it every once in a while to keep the curl on.........but over all i think it's pretty good for the price that it is......although it is supposed to be a volumizing mascara.........but i found that i need to put multiple layers for it to build up volume.........that's the only drawback.........i know in hong kong they are having the same mascara in an ultra curling version.......so i'm waiting for that .........but i'm pretty happy with it now...........

on 10/23/2007 12:19:00 PM

Out of all the mascaras I've used (see all my reviews), I've found this mascara to give me the volume and length I needed. I've used the regular Volume Express before but this tops it...it's probably the added "Turbo Boost". It also helped to use Mavala's Double Lash solution to increase eyelash growth (I had some...bald spots, ahem). Anyway, the only bad thing I can think of this mascara is that it is such a pain to remove. I have short, thin eyelashes and this works pretty well. Even my coworker noticed for the FIRST time yesterday how dramatic my eyelashes looked compared to usual...I even had my glasses on and she could tell! I also applied this to my lower lashes and it hasn't smudged so far (5 hours now). Yesterday it smudged a little only because I applied some oily white shimmery pencil under my eyes. So keep your area dry to avoid smudging. It holds my curls well and doesn't weigh my poor weak eyelashes down. This is why I don't use L'Oreal Voluminous mascara because it weighed my eyelashes down. It seems to be popular but I don't recommend L'Oreal's mascara to girls who have thin eyelashes.

I'm giving it a 4 because my search continues for the BEST...

Planning to try:
KANEBO Silk Performance Volume Curl Mascara 38C
Kiss-Cosmetics Glamorous Volume mascara
Shiseido Majolica Lash Expander NEO-Chap XVI

on 5/17/2007 10:04:00 PM

i actually like the packaging, and indeed it keeps a curl really well and gives definition to my puny eyelashes. i also love the color very black - intense and gives my lashes a sheen. but sadly enough it smudges after a mere few hours (i have oily eyelids) and i get racoon eyes even when i only add the mascara to my upper lashes. therefore, ladies who have somewhat oily skin and live in tropical weather should NOT buy this. pah! the search continues.

I dont like this product at all, if you like short fat lashes than this is for you. It doesnt elongate the lashes at all. It clumps, I tried not to let it dry between coats it still didnt do much. My lashes look so small, Im going to try CoverGirl Lash Extract.
I wouldnt waste my money on this unless you have super long/thin lashes and want them to look shorter and fatter.

on 12/3/2005 1:11:00 PM

The first time I used this - i LOVED it. As promised it gives your lashes volume and even lengthens the lashes. AND holds the curl. That made me a very happy girl...until it started to smudge after just a couple of hours!!!! Panda eyes galore. Sigh...maybe that only happens in hot and humid weather like here in Malaysia. But still I wouldn't repurchase.