Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.4

on 8/31/2012 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

i guess this product is just so so..nothing special from this..
and because i'm still learning make up, then i need the product that make applying make-up feels easy and this mascara sometime screwed it !!
it does smudge, and not dry quickly so its often to stain on my under eye and it could make 'the darkeye circle' effect...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The only mascara I have ever used is Maybelline Great Lash, but I wanted to try a waterproof mascara and picked this up. I was SO disappointed. I have naturally thick, curled, LONG lashes and this mascara some how managed to ruin everything I had going for me. My eyelashes were hardly noticeable after I applied it - very thin looking, clumped together, the curl mysteriously gone, and my lashes looked stubby and short. (Also, I consider myself a master at applying mascara - I can usually manipulate any mascara to give my lashes or someone else's good volume and length but this mascara did NOT want to cooperate.) It was a very wet formula, which I didn't like, and the smell was really bad. My Great Lash has a smell to it, but nothing like this. Disgusting. Plus, this is impossible to remove. I scrubbed at it for 10 minutes with my Almay Oil-Free eye makeup remover and only got half of it off. And then it smeared black beneath my eye, which I couldn't get off either. There were still traces of it two days after I wore it. Don't waste your time, this isn't what you're looking for.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm fortunate enough to have naturally and long curly eye-lashes, so when purchasing my next mascara I was really looking for something with the wow factor. This was NOT it. The brush does not pass neatly through my lashes and even when using a brush from another mascara it clumps incredibly easily, is messy and as soon as it dries it's prone to flaking.

on 12/10/2008 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I hate this mascara! It just clumps my lashes together every time! That's their idea of giving volume? Just as JelliBelli247 says, it makes it look as if I have just a few Big, Clumpy lashes! Horrible!!!!
Besides that, removing it is a Nightmare!
Don't waste your money on this product.

I bought this product cuz evry1 raved abt it!
nothing 2 rave abt!. I hav short azn eyelashes. I was expecting dramatic volume results but no. This product looks weird on. I can't figure it out if it's just me or if it really does look like spider legs. It does sorta clump, evn tho it separates & defines the lashes u can notice the clumps R uneven whn u put it on. I get lil' black specks under my eyes after awhile.

The best thing is that it separates the lashes sorta looking more natural... but it dsn't thicken or really do much. Last long & feels natural.

I def. wn't buy this product agn or really trust the opinions that I get on here anymore. Thnks guys, 4 leading me to this crappy product.

on 2/4/2008 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Doesn't work as good as original???
what's the point!!!
x

on 1/17/2008 3:08:00 PM

I picked this up on a 2 for 1 sale.
I'm on the fence with this one. It really does thicken my lashes, but I'm not too sure about length. Its gives them some "oomph" but I find it did a bit of damage(lost a few eyelashes). I'll use up my tube, but a re-purchase won't be necessary. The extra ones up for swap.
EDIT: I lost half my eyelashes. I didn't use up my tube. I let the garbage have it. I guess it just can't work for me.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Meh. Meh. Turbo? More like Volume express brake. Cause it stops your lashes from getting volume. Its straightened my curly lashes. The brush is waaaaay too rough ive never has a mascara brush hurt my eye lids. I do love the tube so I keep it for decorative purposes. It just lays there looking pretty.

on 11/29/2007 3:34:00 PM

This was the first mascara I bought from Maybelline.
It lengthened, but not that much and definitely not 5X the length/volume/whatever.

It was difficult to remove even with a waterproof eye-makeup remover, it smudged on my lower lids, and it flaked all throughout the day.

the only thing I like about this product was that it was really black, and it did (for a while before smudging/flaking) give me long'ish lashes. but boy.... it wasn't worth it.

There's also something in the smell of this mascara that really bothered me and irritated my eyes.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Wow, I never liked Maybeline and this just seals the deal. I thought the reviews were too good to be true and they were. I should have just bought my Lash Perfection . This mascara willl give you clumps and that's all.