Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.4

on 3/18/2015 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Okay so this thread is for the waterproof version but the picture shows a black and silver tube? I have the red and black one, I don't know if the picture is wrong or if they just changed it. So I was looking for a new mascara because my Loreal butterfly totally dried up on me and the falsies didn't coat my lashes good enough. I don't remember if i watched a youtube tutorial that included this but the packaging showed the wand and I really liked it, it was cheap so I was like whatever and bought it. Not dry or wet formula. Very... mousse-y? Haha, anyways the bristles are little but there's A LOT on there. It smelled mascara-y but I don't mind scent, as long as it doesn't irritate my eyes, which it didn't. It gave my already long and kind of full lashes great volume and length! I need to curl them because they're so stick straight and the waterproof part is the most important. I didn't like it for my tiny bottom lashes because of the amount of bristles. It was too poofy, but the falsies are good for my bottom lashes. Anyways, this mascara doesn't smudge or flake, keeps a curl all day and comes off easily with the gel makeup remover by maybelline. Love this mascara but I'm not too sure if i'd buy this again because I have found a new love haha

on 9/5/2014 12:08:00 PM

I don't like to worry about smudging through the day, which is why I prefer waterproof mascaras. This mascara is NOT waterproof, but it does lengthen and volumize. I would recommend to a friend if they do not want waterproof. It was disappointing that this mascara didn't live up to its waterproof claim. I personally will not be buying again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this mascara when they were out of Colossal Volume Waterproof at the store. I always use waterproof mascara because my lashes will straighten out with non-waterproof. I was only going to use this until I found Colossal but now I like this better. The one coat coverage is excellent and I was surprised because I usually have to build and build on my skimpy straight lashes to get the coverage and volume I am getting with one coat of this. It is also not overly wet when new like most mascaras that I find get better in a week or two after opening. I have allergies and sensitive eyes and this did not make my eyes water. I will be buying this from now on.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is my first ever waterproof mascara, and I'm loving the way it just stays on, and is 110% smudge-proof and water-proof.

I love the formula, it really darkens my thin lashes and it makes them look very full, the mascara is wax based (I'm pretty sure...), and it holds curls especially well. It stayed on so well, I even had trouble taking it off without an oil based remover! That just goes to show how amazing it stays on. My lashes are pretty soft after the mascara dries, so that's definitely a plus.

The mascara doesn't layer on very well, and it will clump after about 3 coats or more. So if you ARE going to layer it, I suggest you work with a quick hand. I'm not a big fan of the wand as well, it picks up more product towards the end of the wand, and sometimes it will apply too much. The brush is too big for me, and I can't really get into the little lashes in the corners of my eyes.

I bought this mascara for only $4.19 (It was on like.. a huge sale at Target), and it was definitely worth the money I paid for.

on 3/8/2013 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My 3rd favorite Maybelline mascara (Rocket volume and Colosaal are my other 2)

Nice volume and fullness and no flaking. My only gripe is that tthisi one seems to dry out fast otherwise its good!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

After trying this out a few more times, I think this is one of the most buildable waterproof mascaras from Maybelline. I don't quite get this kind of layering volume with the newer waterproof mascaras. My thin lashes need a few coats to become visible. It takes patience, but I curl my lashes, and apply a few coats of this to get curled, thick, lashes. Simple and effective.

on 1/14/2013 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is a great mascara if you want natural looking lashes. Although if you want voluminous lashes then just keep building them up. I'd say 1-2 coats is natural and 4-5 coats makes them sky high.i wouldn't recommend this for lower lashes because the brush is thick so it's hard to use. It's a good mascara for school. I would definitely buy this product again.

I used to wear this mascara a few years ago (like 8) and I loved it, but since then, I have been experimenting with other maybelline mascaras as well as mascaras from other brands ranging from l'oreal, bourjois, lancome, makeup forever until higher end brands like dior and chanel. I guess all of the other brands have good mascaras too, my latest love being chanel inimitable waterproof, but they're a lot more expensive and often dries out too quickly. I have medium length, thin, flimsy lashes and I find that this mascara separates my lashes and lengthens them too, not just gives volume. It is also very very buildable and strangely I find that it thickens my lashes more when you apply the next coat after the previous coat is nearly dry. I can apply up to 5 coats without any clumping! Just thick, long, curly, voluminous lashes!

on 8/31/2012 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

i guess this product is just so so..nothing special from this..
and because i'm still learning make up, then i need the product that make applying make-up feels easy and this mascara sometime screwed it !!
it does smudge, and not dry quickly so its often to stain on my under eye and it could make 'the darkeye circle' effect...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The only mascara I have ever used is Maybelline Great Lash, but I wanted to try a waterproof mascara and picked this up. I was SO disappointed. I have naturally thick, curled, LONG lashes and this mascara some how managed to ruin everything I had going for me. My eyelashes were hardly noticeable after I applied it - very thin looking, clumped together, the curl mysteriously gone, and my lashes looked stubby and short. (Also, I consider myself a master at applying mascara - I can usually manipulate any mascara to give my lashes or someone else's good volume and length but this mascara did NOT want to cooperate.) It was a very wet formula, which I didn't like, and the smell was really bad. My Great Lash has a smell to it, but nothing like this. Disgusting. Plus, this is impossible to remove. I scrubbed at it for 10 minutes with my Almay Oil-Free eye makeup remover and only got half of it off. And then it smeared black beneath my eye, which I couldn't get off either. There were still traces of it two days after I wore it. Don't waste your time, this isn't what you're looking for.