Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/5/2013 11:43:00 AM

been using it for 2 years with amazing results. to take it off I use garnier eye makeup remover (the blue one).

on 1/16/2009 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this mascara and have repurchased already. Because I wear contact lenses and often using rewetting drops, etc. waterproof eye makeup is a must for me. This mascara isnt clumpy when it dries (at times i get a random clump when I am applying it, but I always brush my lashes out with an eyebrow comb, no big deal) This doesn't smuge on me AT ALL. My lashes really do look fuller and the mascara does give length as well: not as much as a lengthening mascara, or something like skyhigh curves by maybelline,but for "turbo volume" this delivers. What I like best is how BLACK this mascara turns out on me (using the black shade, obviously...ha.) I love it.

on 7/21/2008 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

totally disappointing. i was looking for a mascara that would hold my curl like CRAZY and was rec'd this mascara in the waterproof version by a few posters on the Makeup Board. i mistakenly grabbed the regular version, and let me tell you i wish i had kept my receipt! this mascara is completely AVERAGE, and in the worst way possible. the black color is very nice and glossy and that's about where the positive aspects end. it hardly held my curl up halfway, didn't lengthen very much, didn't give volume, made my lashes look super, super thin and short like i only had about 10 of them to begin with (and i'm pretty sure i have atleast 15, LOL)! "Turbo Volum"??? i think not. if you already have long, thick, gorgeous eyelashes then i'm sure this mascara would work fine for you, it would slightly define and darken your lashes and you'd be satisfied, but if you actually want your mascara to perform, forget it. put this mascara right back in it's display and try my drugstore HG, Cover Girl Volume Exact mascara, or if you want to stick with Maybelline, their new Colossal Lashes mascara is pretty good. happy mascara hunting!

on 7/17/2008 4:46:00 PM

I am a fanatic devotee of Maybelline Lash Expansion, but though the website doesn't say so, it seems as if it's being discontinued. I rarely find it in any of the many many drugstores in NYC.
So I've spent hundreds of dollars testing all kinds of mascaras to replace it. My needs are: liquid formula for that glossy, black finish; WP; non-smudging; and the biggest need: holding curl.
Finally, I think I've found the DS mascara that does it all. When I workout tonight it will really get put to the test, but I know mascaras, and as soon as I put this on this morning, I knew Turbo Boost would be a worthy replacement for my beloved Lash Expansion.

on 1/17/2008 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this mascara. I had been looking for a mascara that doesn't clump, doesn't flake, and doesn't smudge, and doesn't make my lashes crispy/fragile feeling. I'm happy to say this is it, and it's fairly cheap, I think this was something like $5 and there was a $2 off coupon attached. One coat of this leaves a fairly natural look without huge amounts of volume, but on the plus side you don't have to worry about spider eyes at all. This is totally buildable though, so you can go back and apply more coats to get more volume. I don't normally repurchase mascara because I go through them slowly and like to try different ones, but I could totally see myself buying this again; it looks great, versatile/buildable, wears well, removes easily w cold cream or mu remover, and is cheap to boot. Nice stuff.

on 12/20/2007 2:48:00 PM

hrmm. It didn't do anything for my already long lashes. No thickness. Doesn't compare to Voluminous or Diorshow. Got NO umph out of it.

on 11/23/2007 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I will but this product over and over and over again....i have been buying it since it came out. I love it, i get black thick long lashes theat do not require makeup remover to take off.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This mascara is supposed to volumize lashes 7X. It is just an okay mascara. I have the Very Black which is very nice and dark. The mascara doesn't separate lashes very well and leaves them somewhat clumpy. Doubt I would repurchase.

on 3/3/2007 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I think the problem with this formula is that it is too wet. It takes some of the curl out of my lashes (but not all) and makes them stick together. I think I will like this mascara better after it has been open for about a week so it gets a chance to dry out some. It feels stiff and itchy if you get it on your eyelids or waterline. results with this mascara are very similar to MAC's mascara X, but the volume express is thicker. gives good length and volume, would be perfect if it didn't stick my lashes together and kill some of my curl. I will update if it gets better as it dries out a bit.

On my hunt to find mascaras that would build a lot of volume without flaking and irritating my eyes, I tried a million high end mascaras (for example, Benefit Bad Gal) and HATED almost all of them! Then, on a whim I tried this cheap drugstore mascara ans just fell in love with it--- it makes my lashes SO full and soft, and it doesn't irritate my eyes. Here's a pic of me wearing it:

continued >>