Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 18 & Under
Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! You know those mascara advertisements in magazenes where the model's lashes are defined and volumous and...perfect? That's what my lashes looked like after only ONE COAT of this amazing product. I have a fair complexion, so I snagged this mascara in a dark brown (i'm not sure if that's the actual name of the color) and it looks beautiful. It glides onto my lashes really easily. It doesn't flake or smudge (even though it isn't the waterproof) and gave me incredible volume, considering I got the x3, as opposed to the x5 or x7. So here are the pros adn cons of this mascara:

PROS:
~defines and volumizes
~doesn't clump my lashes
~no smudging or flaking
~1 coat can be used as a natural everyday look, while 3 coats can give you dramatic nighttime lashes
~holds curl
~deosn't leave my lashes feeling stiff and brittle

CONS:
~There's always a little mascara at the tip of the wand, so i either have to wipe it off or be careful when applying it

A little more information about Volum' Express Turbo Boost mascara...

Wand: Average sized that comes to a slight point (I said SLIGHT)
Price: Super cheap! Ranges from $8-10 (US dollars).
Packaging: Dark navy blue with name of mascara in silver. Tube is somewhat bulky, but not extremely big and can still fit in even very tiny purses
Formula: Does not have a strong scent and is not too watery or too thick

I think this may become my new HG mascara, replacing my full n' soft by Maybelline.

I was impressed by this mascara. It does a nice job for day-to-day use, coats pretty evenly and definitely gives the lashes every appearance of being fuller. For a special event, I usually use an eyelash primer with it, and that looks fantastic.

on 4/14/2008 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love it! Maybe not my hg, but definitely a good runner up. Very occasionally it clumps, but nothing an eyelash comb can't fix. I will keep buying it until it's discontinued :D

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't like this. It does NOTHING for volume as it claims. I was really excited to use this product and such a big let down. It takes a while to dry. Makes my lashes stick together, and using a comb doesn't even work because they stick together so badly. I like the tube, but the product is horrible!

on 1/25/2008 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my go to mascara! I love it. I wouldnt say its HG, but its close. I love that if i want it natural i use it lightly but if i want more dramatic it easily builds up to what i want. It dosnt smudge or flake which is great!

Well, this product is the second volumizing mascara I have tried. I wanted a false eyelash look, definitely over the top. This mascara came very close to what I wanted, jet black ( I purchased it in very black) I don't think it made my eyelashes perfect, at least not exactly how I wanted them. It doesn't clump on me, especially when I comb my eyelashes through a couple of times before, after, and in between coats. I tried to keep applying the coats while they were wet, so there wouldn't be any clumping. It really pumped up the look of my eyelashes, very black with a definite thickness and length to them. Now, my eyelashes are already pretty thick and long, but I still saw a huge difference. Now, the cons are that it seems like it will clump, although it hasn't clumped on me yet, but I can see the strands wanting to stick together, sort of crossing each other. I'm not sure how this would wear in the long run. I'm going to try volumizers of the mascara with primer varieties, but I definitely will purchase this again if I have the chance.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a pretty great mascara. Though if you do put one to many swishes on, it tends to clump a fair bit. I love the black colour and i find it great, long lasting and dosnt flake off

Well, my HG is L'oreal Voluminous, but before I discovered that I used this. I had it in "Very Black". It is pretty good at lengthening, thickening, and darkening, and it is alright at holding curl.

This did get the job done and, while no mascara stands up to my Voluminous, this was still a pretty good mascara. I don't feel like I look "done" without mascara, so this did the trick for a while. It looks a lot more natural than Voluminous, but it still helps draw attention to my eyes.

This price is good: $7.00 at Walgreens. I recommend it if you like a natural, yet defined mascara look, but if you want more dramatic eyes, go with the Voluminous.

on 3/31/2006 11:30:00 AM

OK i suppose, but nothing special. Didn't do anything for volume with me, and my lashes still looked thin as anything. Didn't really clump though, and the price was good - about 5.

i stopped using w/p mascara b/c i found it hard to remove but then i bought this at walmart along with the regular kind for a deal of $4!! i like the w/p waaay better than the regular. the regular clumps but the waterproof is really great! my lashes look miles long, it keeps all the curl from my e/l curler, doesn't clump, and volumizes. however, it doesn't turbo boost volumize them right away like it says, but my lashes have never looked so good!