Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

isodecane, microcrystalline wax, c8-9 isoparaffin, beeswax, disteardimonium hectorite, carnauba wax, water, propylene carbonate, allyl stearate/va copolymer, lecithin, ethylenediamine/stearyl dimer dilinoleate copolymer, rice starch, polyvinyl laurate, sodium polymethacrylate, propylparaben, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, hydrogenated jojoba oil, polyquaternium-10, silica, panthenol, calcium sodium borosilicate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, butylparaben (± may contain ci 77492, 77491, 77499/iron oxides, ci 77891/titanium dioxide, ci 75470/carmine, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, mica, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide).

on 12/10/2008 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I hate this mascara! It just clumps my lashes together every time! That's their idea of giving volume? Just as JelliBelli247 says, it makes it look as if I have just a few Big, Clumpy lashes! Horrible!!!!
Besides that, removing it is a Nightmare!
Don't waste your money on this product.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like the XXL better. With this one, I have to wear the Sky High Curves first, then the Volume Express, then Sky High again to make my lashes look good..I wouldn't buy it again.

on 2/15/2006 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I gave this a try as an alternative to my Full 'n Soft WP, which I wear as my daily wear mascara. I was looking for something more dramatic to play up my totally average lashes. This formula is indeed waterproof, and the black is extremely black. However, it seemed to make my eyelashes look rather spikey. They were lengthened, but seemed inclined to stick together instead of giving me a full fan like I was hoping for.

on 5/8/2013 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have the "newer" version in the black and orange tube. I changed my review and added a lippie because I've come to like this more than before. It still isn't a favorite of mine, BUT, I love how it doesn't budge....sweat, pool....it lasts and lasts. I also noticed adding several coats quickly makes a big difference in length and volume. My first impression was not great, but it really builds to a decent mascara.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I wear glasses and it is really annoying when your lashes hit the glasses and smudge the lens leaving flakes and smudges.
-This mascara leaves a natural look
-It doesn't clump and provides definition
-I doesn't provide instant length or volume
-can be buildable
-It is waterproof against tears but I wouldn't go swimming with this
-the wand is a good size and easy to use
-doesn't smudge or flake throughout the day
-would re-purchase if on sale or until I find something I like more

on 12/10/2009 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was using the maybeline volum express waterproof for 5/6 years and i was quite happy with it untill i realised that it was taking too long to achieve the lashes that i wanted ; first i used a lashcurler, put some loose powder on the lashes while i was curling and then the first mascara layer. after that was dry i applied another layer... this would stay put the whole day but it took too long to apply ! after that i started looking around for the right mascara but all of them were dissapointing for me ( i only bought the drugstore brands because even they were around 10/15 euro's and i didn't want too be dissapointed after i bought one for 30 euro or more...) The maybelline volum express turbo boost is the one i am using now and i must say i see the diffrence but not in a positive way ; it smudges under my eyes !! i already have dark circles so this is not what i need... i will rebuy this mascara untill i find the perfect one but i would give this one a 7 out of 10.

on 11/1/2008 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Tried this on after the Volume Express Mascara, definitely was a step up, but not much of a difference. It gave some volume to the lashes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes with this, but it doesn´t give the 7X volume, in fact, no volume or lenght. Not the worst i´ve tried. I got it in very black. Not good if you want a dramatic look because this only gives you a very natural look. The original version is way better than this. I prefer my L´Oreal Full definition voluminous or Lashstylist for definition, lenght and volume. Not repurchase.

on 11/19/2007 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It does give quite a lot of volume with a single coat, but it's very sticky and quite clumpy. However, take this review into consideration only if you're a beginner at applying mascara like I was about 3 years ago. I suspect that it was probably because I didn't know about wiping the mascara brush with some tissue and applying it after curling my eyelashes. But this tip here you can all read it - it really is sticky.

on 10/28/2007 4:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Well, the stores have recently had a sale on the Maybelline mascaras, so I bought 8 of them and hopefully will be reviewing them all. All the mascaras are waterproof formulations because I have super-short, super-thin, poker-straight East Asian lashes that don't hold a curl unless I have a quick-drying waterproof formula. Side-by-side in comparison with Maybelline Lash Expansion, VolumExpress didn't volumize as much. Ha. 5x volumizing does NOT live up to its billing. It didn't smudge, though.
As an exclusive waterproof mascara user for 2 decades, I can say ALL waterproof mascaras are difficult to remove. It is what makes waterproof mascara waterproof. People shouldn't deduct points for this characteristic and try to compare it to a water-dissolvable mascara formula. It's comparing apples to oranges.