Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.2

on 9/27/2008 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Volume? Not really. This mascara did more lengthening for my lashes than thickening, and even then it wasn't that big of a difference from my naked lashes. This mascara did have some staying power, but not much. I didn't have a problem with smudging or running, so it is waterproof, but it started to flake off after about 6 hours of wear. I'm very disappointed in this product; any Maybelline mascara I buy in the future it'll be the one in the pink bottle with the green cap (<-- which has been great for me time and time again).

on 6/3/2008 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I've tried this in both the normal and curled wands in the waterproof versions. It's pretty good mascara. I find that this is more of a lengthening/separating mascara rather than a volumising one. It doesn't flake, smudge and is waterproof. The black is an adequate black but not enough if you have dark lashes already - I suppose I'm after a va va voom black. It's a good everyday mascara and as it lengthens and separates quite well, I'd imagine it might work better for someone with decent lashes already. As mine are quite sparse, I don't think I'll be repurchasing as it doesn't add enough oomph. I quite like the runny consistency of it though as it lasts and lasts. I know you're meant to replace mascara every few months but I find the this mascara is pretty much in the same condition now as when I bought it almost a year ago.

I don't think the curled wand version added any discernible lift to my lashes.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I think this is a pretty good mascara. It does give my lashes volume without clumps. I love the brush. Makes it easy to have thick, but seperated lashes. Even with several coats, still looks and feels natural.***** UPDATE 3/7/07 *****CoverGirl Lash Exact & Volume Exact are my new HG mascaras. continued >>

on 10/31/2006 4:45:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I was soo disappointed with this mascara. After 3 or 4 sweeps it barely looked like I had anything on. This didn't even give half the results I got from 1 sweep of Maxfactor's Masterpiece. This isn't even worth 5 and I can't believe it is from the same make as XXL beacuse that is fantastic for full on bold lashes.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

LOVE this mascara - makes my lashes thick and luscious but it DOES NOT lengthen (which i'm not looking for), definitely worth trying. EDIT: Sticking to L'Oreal Voluminous - my absolute HG forever!!!! In fact anything by Voluminous. Sorry Maybelline.

on 1/30/2005 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is an ok mascara, but really, all the turbo and 5x the lashes mess is definitely not true. Minimal thickening and lengthening, I might as well buy a WnW mascara. I was disappointed. I'm going to finish the tube and then return to Loreal Voluminous.