Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The only mascara I have ever used is Maybelline Great Lash, but I wanted to try a waterproof mascara and picked this up. I was SO disappointed. I have naturally thick, curled, LONG lashes and this mascara some how managed to ruin everything I had going for me. My eyelashes were hardly noticeable after I applied it - very thin looking, clumped together, the curl mysteriously gone, and my lashes looked stubby and short. (Also, I consider myself a master at applying mascara - I can usually manipulate any mascara to give my lashes or someone else's good volume and length but this mascara did NOT want to cooperate.) It was a very wet formula, which I didn't like, and the smell was really bad. My Great Lash has a smell to it, but nothing like this. Disgusting. Plus, this is impossible to remove. I scrubbed at it for 10 minutes with my Almay Oil-Free eye makeup remover and only got half of it off. And then it smeared black beneath my eye, which I couldn't get off either. There were still traces of it two days after I wore it. Don't waste your time, this isn't what you're looking for.

on 8/29/2006 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

GOD! I hate this mascara, but this may be because I am comparing it to Lancome Fatale that I have on my other lashes simultaniously. But looking side by side I must say that this turbo crap looks awful. It took like a billion coats to get any volume and then it started to clump together. Also my lashes started sticking in all sorts of directions (crossing over each other) this may be the bane of my long curly lashes but this mascara only applifyed the effect. I think I am going to have to take this stuff back. Ugh! I bought this stuff BOGO and also purchased Maybelline's intenze xxl mascara (much better mascara, more of a lenghtener than a volumizer though). I must say that I don't like the chunky tube it comes in either.

on 1/28/2005 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Crap! This smudges more than a non-waterproof mascara. Doesn't do much of anything except smudge. Very dissappointing product.

on 12/6/2007 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I purchased this product a few days ago, have worn it twice and its going back to Walgreens. I don't normally buy WP mascaras and have been pretty faithful to Maybelline Full 'n' Soft. When I saw that this product was in the same "Volumizing" line I decided to try it.

The packaging is fine, no complaints, nothing spectacular. The brush is also a mid thickness. The colour I bought was the one which was the blackest.

That being said the formulation of the mascara is VERY similar to Great Lash (very liquid, takes a while to dry). Not surprisingly, a wet mascara gave me very defined lashes but no volume (I have long black lashes, but they lack volume). It wasn't AS messy as GL, but messy enough and never gave me that elusive volumizing. On top of that I've noticed a few lost lashes wandering around my face after just a couple of hours of wear (noooooo!!!!!) And I'm not sure that my contacts like the WP formula. The product received 1 lippie for the black colour (it is VERY black) and 1 lippie for defining my lashes - I was being generous

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I'd been searching for a more dramatic, volumizing mascara, and I really wanted to like this one. Unfortunately, this did nothing but clump, and definitely didnt give me the volume that I was looking for.
If I wiped the wand off before applying, and used a few coats, combing my lashes with a comb between each coat...then my lashes would look good, but I don't want to work that hard for decent lashes. I'll stick with Full and Soft.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm on the fence with this one. I orginally purchased this when it was first introduced about 4 years ago. It did the job, but i was looking for more. Since then, I have gone through countless tubes from countless companies, so I decided to give this one a second go around. The wand used to be thicker(not as thick as Diorshow, but close). It's now really small (think MAC zoomlash). It gave me volume and length, but not as much as I thought because I was expecting "zoom" lashes. I'm not too sure if I will repurchase.

on 12/21/2007 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Got this on an amazing sale at CVS where you purchase either a mascara or l/g and get another of the same product for free! I originally grabbed Great Lash but at the counter the clerk informed that it was excluded from the sale. Bummer. So I rushed back and grabbed this one instead. First, let me mention that I *loved* the way the one in the blue packaging (volume express also) made my lashes look so I figured this one would be just as great.
I applied one coat and got nothing out of it. Then I applied another coat, making sure I swiped my lashes several time and NOW we're talking! It made my lashes look full, but not too thick, and separated them well.
I went along my day when I noticed my eyes becoming irritated and they started to itch. My lids then got puffy and my eye started shutting down. Yikes!!! I ran home to wash it off and then noticed it wasn't coming off!! DUH!!! I picked up the waterproof version *by mistake*.
Just like the other volume express in the blue tube, which was also waterproof, it didnt work out for my eyes. I'm convienced my eyes are sensitive to all waterproof mascaras, which really sucks cuz the effect I got from this one was amazing.
I didnt look so hot with an irritated droopy eye so I immediately tossed it. Good thing I got it on sale. Still a great mascara, but not for me.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have tried the original volum' Express and the original Turbo Boost formula and had decent results but I didn't like the smudging so I figured I would try the Turbo Boost Waterproof mascara. It does make my lashes look long and thick, but it flakes into my eyes, and takes forever to get off. It is just too much of a problem to continue using this product, but it def. does make lashes look nice.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This mascara is supposed to volumize lashes 7X. It is just an okay mascara. I have the Very Black which is very nice and dark. The mascara doesn't separate lashes very well and leaves them somewhat clumpy. Doubt I would repurchase.

on 3/2/2007 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Maybelline mascaras are generally good, but I don't like this one that much, I find after about 2-3 hours, you hardly have any mascara left on and thats why I don't like it. The effect it gives is good, it does volumise the lashes and its great but don't like its staying power, wouldn't repurchase.