Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm on the fence with this one. I orginally purchased this when it was first introduced about 4 years ago. It did the job, but i was looking for more. Since then, I have gone through countless tubes from countless companies, so I decided to give this one a second go around. The wand used to be thicker(not as thick as Diorshow, but close). It's now really small (think MAC zoomlash). It gave me volume and length, but not as much as I thought because I was expecting "zoom" lashes. I'm not too sure if I will repurchase.

on 1/17/2008 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this mascara. I had been looking for a mascara that doesn't clump, doesn't flake, and doesn't smudge, and doesn't make my lashes crispy/fragile feeling. I'm happy to say this is it, and it's fairly cheap, I think this was something like $5 and there was a $2 off coupon attached. One coat of this leaves a fairly natural look without huge amounts of volume, but on the plus side you don't have to worry about spider eyes at all. This is totally buildable though, so you can go back and apply more coats to get more volume. I don't normally repurchase mascara because I go through them slowly and like to try different ones, but I could totally see myself buying this again; it looks great, versatile/buildable, wears well, removes easily w cold cream or mu remover, and is cheap to boot. Nice stuff.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I'd been searching for a more dramatic, volumizing mascara, and I really wanted to like this one. Unfortunately, this did nothing but clump, and definitely didnt give me the volume that I was looking for.
If I wiped the wand off before applying, and used a few coats, combing my lashes with a comb between each coat...then my lashes would look good, but I don't want to work that hard for decent lashes. I'll stick with Full and Soft.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This mascara is supposed to volumize lashes 7X. It is just an okay mascara. I have the Very Black which is very nice and dark. The mascara doesn't separate lashes very well and leaves them somewhat clumpy. Doubt I would repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Wowwwww, this is such an awesome mascara. My lashes looked so long and like falsies after I applied about 3 coats of this. AMAZING. I need to buy more of this!!!!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I was really shocked at the poor review that this mascara got. I absoultely LOVE it. It has given the results that I hoped to find with Prescriptives False Eyelashes. I have tried sooo many mascaras from all different price ranges and this is by far my favorite. My lashes are fairly long naturally, but this product lengthens them even more and give them some nice volume. I tend to like Maybelline mascara in general (Illegal Lengths is my second in HG status) but this one takes the cake.

on 1/28/2005 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Crap! This smudges more than a non-waterproof mascara. Doesn't do much of anything except smudge. Very dissappointing product.

on 8/30/2004 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really like this mascara. It doesn't clump or flake & it only smudges a bit. It lengthens, thickens & separates nicely. Definitely would repurchase.