Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.5

on 8/31/2012 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

i guess this product is just so so..nothing special from this..
and because i'm still learning make up, then i need the product that make applying make-up feels easy and this mascara sometime screwed it !!
it does smudge, and not dry quickly so its often to stain on my under eye and it could make 'the darkeye circle' effect...

on 9/27/2010 11:21:00 AM

Was thinking perhaps this was a new/improved version of my beloved Volum Express Waterproof - NOT! Clumpy lashes, racoon eyes mid day - YUK! I got rid of it!

on 1/17/2008 3:08:00 PM

I picked this up on a 2 for 1 sale.
I'm on the fence with this one. It really does thicken my lashes, but I'm not too sure about length. Its gives them some "oomph" but I find it did a bit of damage(lost a few eyelashes). I'll use up my tube, but a re-purchase won't be necessary. The extra ones up for swap.
EDIT: I lost half my eyelashes. I didn't use up my tube. I let the garbage have it. I guess it just can't work for me.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Wow, I never liked Maybeline and this just seals the deal. I thought the reviews were too good to be true and they were. I should have just bought my Lash Perfection . This mascara willl give you clumps and that's all.

on 5/28/2007 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

NO i wont buy this product again. WHY? it doesnt come off at all! (hardcore waterproof) it's so irritating at the end of the day when all i need is my naked eyelashed, not full-blown mascara-ed eyes the gives rise to racoon eyes in the morning! Grr. Otherwise, it's an okay mascara. Still cant match up to my faav Revlon Fabulash. I know this is a waterproof formula, and i've used oil make-up remover, cold cream, cleansing milk, etcetc..it wont budge. unless i pluck out my lashes one by one, scrub it with a wire brush and stick it back on one by one again. bahh.

on 3/28/2007 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My HG mascara is Full'n Soft, but there was a Maybelline mascara sale so I decided to try this too. For reference, I have long, sparse, thin, stick straight lashes:

This goes on thick and can cause the lashes to stick together, so I look like I've just used masc. for the very first time. It takes the Shu Uemera curl right out- my lashes go back to long and straight as soon as this dries. They just look 100 % worse! continued >>

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I pretty much like the old Volum Express except that it smudges, but the price is quite reasonable, so I bought this new formulation. I was searching for a cheper replacement to my beloved Lancome Hypnose, but no, this is not it. The first 3 days it was satisfactory, but after that? It clumps, make my lashes crunchy, and I've experienced smudging although it's not major. It also wilt my lashes down! overall, it simply make my lashes to look bad. And the brush! Maybelline Indonesia only carry the curved brush, and it can't distribute the mascara evenly. Total waste of money. I won't go near Maybelline again, and no more drugstore mascara for me. At least for a while

on 4/8/2006 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The store was out of my regular Volume Express, so I bought this Turbo version and am not impressed. It doesn't apply easily, I have to rub it over my lashes several times in order to get it to start taking to them. It feels dry once it on, applies unevenly and clumps and flakes pretty bad. Can't even finish the tube.

on 12/27/2005 1:43:00 PM

i was expecting for this to be a pretty good mascara, as i tried the waterproof version and loved it, but it was a piece of shit. i curl my eyelashes before i apply mascara, and it completely destoyed the curl..there was nooo volume at all..and it was very hard to coat the lashes..and didnt dry yet (half an hour later...). in conclusion, this mascara is comparable to maybelline's other piece of crap, great lash, and should be avoided. i dont know why i just didnt stick to covergirl's super thick lash...2000x better.

on 10/3/2005 5:53:00 PM

This mascara is nothing like the original version "Volum Express." Turbo, yeah right! Instead of giving my lashes volume it gives them dryness and clumps. I much prefer the older version to this one.