Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 25-29
Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.4

I used to wear this mascara a few years ago (like 8) and I loved it, but since then, I have been experimenting with other maybelline mascaras as well as mascaras from other brands ranging from l'oreal, bourjois, lancome, makeup forever until higher end brands like dior and chanel. I guess all of the other brands have good mascaras too, my latest love being chanel inimitable waterproof, but they're a lot more expensive and often dries out too quickly. I have medium length, thin, flimsy lashes and I find that this mascara separates my lashes and lengthens them too, not just gives volume. It is also very very buildable and strangely I find that it thickens my lashes more when you apply the next coat after the previous coat is nearly dry. I can apply up to 5 coats without any clumping! Just thick, long, curly, voluminous lashes!

on 11/14/2010 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is a great waterproof mascara, with the standard bristle brush not the horrible plastic ones! Formula last all day, does not smudge, holds curls well, i found i did not need my usual shiesido base coat with this mascara.
It does take at least three coats to make my lashes a lot fuller. I prefer this one over my L'oreal lash architect now.

on 7/26/2010 4:35:00 PM

for me this was a mediocre mascara. i didn't real build that much volume, but it didn't lose my curl either. it did clump my lashes together quite a bit though which is why i only gave it a 3. i'll finish off this tube but after that i'll be sticking with my maybelline lash stiletto.

i bought this recently, very very good mascara! lengthens, gives natural volume, no clumps, lashes DONT DROP. The only criticisims are: it smudges a bit (i hv very oily eyelids), but applying another layer of smudge-proof mascara on top solves the problem! i also found it a lil bit difficult to remove, will try their non-waterproof one next time!! Perrrrrrfect otherwise!!!

I used clinique lash power, shu uemura ultimate expression, benefit badgal, shiseido macquillage lengthening, maybelline define-a-lash etc etc, this one is the best i used so far!

on 1/16/2009 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this mascara and have repurchased already. Because I wear contact lenses and often using rewetting drops, etc. waterproof eye makeup is a must for me. This mascara isnt clumpy when it dries (at times i get a random clump when I am applying it, but I always brush my lashes out with an eyebrow comb, no big deal) This doesn't smuge on me AT ALL. My lashes really do look fuller and the mascara does give length as well: not as much as a lengthening mascara, or something like skyhigh curves by maybelline,but for "turbo volume" this delivers. What I like best is how BLACK this mascara turns out on me (using the black shade, obviously...ha.) I love it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I usually use Maybelline Volum Express Waterproof, but I saw this one at the drugstore last time and had to try it out. This Volum Express Turbo Waterproof gives more volume than the Volum Express Waterproof, but it also smudges more. I always use waterproof mascara, and so far all the ones I tried seem to smudge on my lower lash. Volum Express Waterproof seems to smudge the least, but it still smudges. So my mascara hunt continues. I may buy this mascara again, but there's no guarantee since there's so many choices out there.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Wow, I never liked Maybeline and this just seals the deal. I thought the reviews were too good to be true and they were. I should have just bought my Lash Perfection . This mascara willl give you clumps and that's all.

on 3/3/2007 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I think the problem with this formula is that it is too wet. It takes some of the curl out of my lashes (but not all) and makes them stick together. I think I will like this mascara better after it has been open for about a week so it gets a chance to dry out some. It feels stiff and itchy if you get it on your eyelids or waterline. results with this mascara are very similar to MAC's mascara X, but the volume express is thicker. gives good length and volume, would be perfect if it didn't stick my lashes together and kill some of my curl. I will update if it gets better as it dries out a bit.

on 6/18/2006 8:40:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

By far the best drugstore mascara ever.It does not flake or smudge,easy to remove,i love the volume and lenght it gives to my lashes.It is so cheap and easy to get.I actually prefer this to many high end mascaras.A+

on 4/8/2006 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The store was out of my regular Volume Express, so I bought this Turbo version and am not impressed. It doesn't apply easily, I have to rub it over my lashes several times in order to get it to start taking to them. It feels dry once it on, applies unevenly and clumps and flakes pretty bad. Can't even finish the tube.