Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Price: $

on 4/10/2013 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I have purchased about 3 tubes of this mascara and I love it. I use waterproof mascara because I like to hold curl in my lashes. This product comes off fine with a cleansing oil. The color is very pigmented and gives the lashes a very dramatic look. I used to use MUFE smoky lash but this is a good dupe for it. I love how full and long it makes lashes look.

on 3/1/2008 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Just another mascara.

I love dramatic lashes, so I'm always trying different mascaras. Volum'Express Turbo is an unexceptional, everyday mascara. I didn't find it better than any other wearable mascaras I have tried. The one thing that stands out for me is that it leaves my lashes nice and soft and suple, unlike a lot of other lash products.

I will continue to wear this until it runs out, but I won't bother buying it again.

on 10/23/2007 12:19:00 PM

Out of all the mascaras I've used (see all my reviews), I've found this mascara to give me the volume and length I needed. I've used the regular Volume Express before but this tops it...it's probably the added "Turbo Boost". It also helped to use Mavala's Double Lash solution to increase eyelash growth (I had some...bald spots, ahem). Anyway, the only bad thing I can think of this mascara is that it is such a pain to remove. I have short, thin eyelashes and this works pretty well. Even my coworker noticed for the FIRST time yesterday how dramatic my eyelashes looked compared to usual...I even had my glasses on and she could tell! I also applied this to my lower lashes and it hasn't smudged so far (5 hours now). Yesterday it smudged a little only because I applied some oily white shimmery pencil under my eyes. So keep your area dry to avoid smudging. It holds my curls well and doesn't weigh my poor weak eyelashes down. This is why I don't use L'Oreal Voluminous mascara because it weighed my eyelashes down. It seems to be popular but I don't recommend L'Oreal's mascara to girls who have thin eyelashes.

I'm giving it a 4 because my search continues for the BEST...

Planning to try:
KANEBO Silk Performance Volume Curl Mascara 38C
Kiss-Cosmetics Glamorous Volume mascara
Shiseido Majolica Lash Expander NEO-Chap XVI

on 10/4/2006 12:17:00 AM

The first coat left me with nicely defined and separated lashes fringed with a soft curl. the sefcond coat amped up this same effect and i ended up with very long lashes, not much for volumising but not really necessary as it coats every single lash so you look like you have a huge full thick set. Not a fan of these short fat chunky tubes. Liked how it curled my lashes as well. Not a bad buy!

on 7/16/2005 11:28:00 AM

*sigh*, looks like I'm in the minority here because sadly, this product didn't work for me. I have thick, long but straight Asian lashes, and my eyes are pretty small. The trouble for me is that the applicator is too big for my small eyes and I'm unable to apply the mascara evenly on my lashes. Also, it causes slight irritation on my eyes. I had such high hopes for this but I think I'm sticking with Lash Discovery until I find a better one. I find that Lash Discovery holds the curl better and applies with no clumping compared to this one.

on 3/23/2005 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ugh! With a name like Volum Express Turbo I would have expected a mascara that gave me a false eyelash efffect. This did no such thing. I already have semi-long lashes but need love the super lush look. Not only did this mascara fail to deliver in the thickening department but it flaked and smeared, too. Not work the $3.89 I spent on it...it is going in the garbage!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Despite the bad reviews, I think this is a fairly decent mascara. This thickened my lashes right up and gave them a very black, wet, shiny look. Sweet. It is a bit clumpy (I have yet to find a clump-free one)and smudges a little under my eyes. Still, I'd buy it again because of the price and the effect.

on 6/3/2004 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Finally, I listened to others and got a w/p mascara. I'm not disappointed by this at all! It really does separate and hold curl for my straight Asian lashes. And it's not very difficult to wash off. I use a cleanser! Doesn't really give me a lot of volume but does a great job as is! Not sure if HG...still want to try L'Oreal Voluminous.