Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.5

on 5/13/2018 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a HG mascara. I loved it. Used it for years. Since first wearing mascara. Sadly i belive it was discontinued. I can't find it anywhere at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this mascara when they were out of Colossal Volume Waterproof at the store. I always use waterproof mascara because my lashes will straighten out with non-waterproof. I was only going to use this until I found Colossal but now I like this better. The one coat coverage is excellent and I was surprised because I usually have to build and build on my skimpy straight lashes to get the coverage and volume I am getting with one coat of this. It is also not overly wet when new like most mascaras that I find get better in a week or two after opening. I have allergies and sensitive eyes and this did not make my eyes water. I will be buying this from now on.

on 4/10/2013 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I have purchased about 3 tubes of this mascara and I love it. I use waterproof mascara because I like to hold curl in my lashes. This product comes off fine with a cleansing oil. The color is very pigmented and gives the lashes a very dramatic look. I used to use MUFE smoky lash but this is a good dupe for it. I love how full and long it makes lashes look.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

After trying this out a few more times, I think this is one of the most buildable waterproof mascaras from Maybelline. I don't quite get this kind of layering volume with the newer waterproof mascaras. My thin lashes need a few coats to become visible. It takes patience, but I curl my lashes, and apply a few coats of this to get curled, thick, lashes. Simple and effective.

I used to wear this mascara a few years ago (like 8) and I loved it, but since then, I have been experimenting with other maybelline mascaras as well as mascaras from other brands ranging from l'oreal, bourjois, lancome, makeup forever until higher end brands like dior and chanel. I guess all of the other brands have good mascaras too, my latest love being chanel inimitable waterproof, but they're a lot more expensive and often dries out too quickly. I have medium length, thin, flimsy lashes and I find that this mascara separates my lashes and lengthens them too, not just gives volume. It is also very very buildable and strangely I find that it thickens my lashes more when you apply the next coat after the previous coat is nearly dry. I can apply up to 5 coats without any clumping! Just thick, long, curly, voluminous lashes!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this product is NOT waterproof i bought this because i was in California and i needed a good waterproof mascara for the pool and beach. i put it one and went swimming and when i went to the bathroom i had raccoon
eyes. when i first used this i noticed the smell right off the bat it smells like rotten tomatoes and it is very liquidy. it is about 6$ at any
drugstore. the packaging is nice though comes in a shiny black tube with red lettering. WOULD DIFFIDENTLY NOT REPURCHASE!!!!!!!!

on 6/20/2012 2:56:00 AM

Great value for money. It's truly waterproof as it claims. Doesn't cause my Chinese lashes to go limp even after curling. Plumps up my lashes adequately. Friendly on my wallet. Love it.

on 5/13/2012 1:25:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My mother actually introduced me to this mascara, I had trouble with some mascaras flaking on me, but this mascara is LOVE. It lengthens my lashes and it doesn't make my lashes look like spider legs. It's decent lasting and the first time I ever tried this mascara was when I wore it to prom. I like how it makes my lashes look sort of dolly and it's waterproof. It removes so easily with my lancome eye makeup remover and that's a plus because I hate wearing eyeliner and mascara just for that reason. I love how the wand is so easy to use, and it doesn't make me get those spots on my lids or under my bottom lashes when I am applying mascara. I think for a mascara it's quite inexpensive and it works well for me and my mom. I am so thankful my mom introduced this mascara to me. :D Definitely so far my HG mascara!

on 10/26/2011 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

MY NEW HG MASCARA! I waited some time to purchase this because I wasn't sure, but I'm so, so glad I did. This totally blows all the mascaras I've ever had out of the water. It volumizes, curls and lengthens my lashes, never makes them hard or "crispy", and doesn't budge once it's on. I can sweep coats after coats of it on without having to deal with any clumps. Doesn't smell terrible (MAC zoomfast I'm lookin at ya), doesn't disturb my sensitive eyes... this one is worth its weight in gold. I got it on 30% offer which makes it ever more worth the money. Love this, will repurchase when it's out, even at its regular price.
Don't hesitate if you are wondering whether to buy it! Def. recommend this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This mascara gives you thickening effect and pretty well hold the curls. I didn't see it was lengthening your lashes but it's ok for me because my lashes already long but pretty much straight. I would buy this stuff again if it's really waterproof, but in my oily lids plusI live in humid place, this mascara still smudges after several hours. I'm still looking for the best mascara out there