Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

2.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Thick, dry and clumpy, was difficult to get any color on lashes. Hardly any volume or curl. It flaked slightly, and gave me dark smudges under my eyes yet more difficult to remove than other waterproof mascaras.

I also had a reaction to this, my eyelids swelled up every time I used it, leaving them pink and itchy for days, like a little pink mouse!

on 3/28/2007 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My HG mascara is Full'n Soft, but there was a Maybelline mascara sale so I decided to try this too. For reference, I have long, sparse, thin, stick straight lashes:

This goes on thick and can cause the lashes to stick together, so I look like I've just used masc. for the very first time. It takes the Shu Uemera curl right out- my lashes go back to long and straight as soon as this dries. They just look 100 % worse! continued >>

on 4/8/2006 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The store was out of my regular Volume Express, so I bought this Turbo version and am not impressed. It doesn't apply easily, I have to rub it over my lashes several times in order to get it to start taking to them. It feels dry once it on, applies unevenly and clumps and flakes pretty bad. Can't even finish the tube.

on 4/10/2005 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

As the previous reviewer said, the formula is way too dry and it weighs down my lashes, not holding my curl. Tends to clump when applied, and leaves a messy result. Also flakes during the day. What a disappointment!

on 1/28/2005 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Crap! This smudges more than a non-waterproof mascara. Doesn't do much of anything except smudge. Very dissappointing product.

on 9/27/2008 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Volume? Not really. This mascara did more lengthening for my lashes than thickening, and even then it wasn't that big of a difference from my naked lashes. This mascara did have some staying power, but not much. I didn't have a problem with smudging or running, so it is waterproof, but it started to flake off after about 6 hours of wear. I'm very disappointed in this product; any Maybelline mascara I buy in the future it'll be the one in the pink bottle with the green cap (<-- which has been great for me time and time again).

on 4/28/2008 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Too clumpy.. also too much product came out !

on 2/15/2006 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I gave this a try as an alternative to my Full 'n Soft WP, which I wear as my daily wear mascara. I was looking for something more dramatic to play up my totally average lashes. This formula is indeed waterproof, and the black is extremely black. However, it seemed to make my eyelashes look rather spikey. They were lengthened, but seemed inclined to stick together instead of giving me a full fan like I was hoping for.

on 7/10/2005 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Reasonably priced, but rather clumpy. Update: Ok! I gave this mascara many chances, and finally, I was able to find a method that made it work for me. You just need to comb your lashes a lot more than for other mascaras. But although though it gave me lush lashes, this mascara stung!! Which is a major minus point for me. For big lashes, I'd rather go with other maybelline mascaras like lash expansion, full and soft or the XXL one. All fare much better than this.

on 3/23/2005 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ugh! With a name like Volum Express Turbo I would have expected a mascara that gave me a false eyelash efffect. This did no such thing. I already have semi-long lashes but need love the super lush look. Not only did this mascara fail to deliver in the thickening department but it flaked and smeared, too. Not work the $3.89 I spent on it...it is going in the garbage!