Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive age: 18 & Under
Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! You know those mascara advertisements in magazenes where the model's lashes are defined and volumous and...perfect? That's what my lashes looked like after only ONE COAT of this amazing product. I have a fair complexion, so I snagged this mascara in a dark brown (i'm not sure if that's the actual name of the color) and it looks beautiful. It glides onto my lashes really easily. It doesn't flake or smudge (even though it isn't the waterproof) and gave me incredible volume, considering I got the x3, as opposed to the x5 or x7. So here are the pros adn cons of this mascara:

PROS:
~defines and volumizes
~doesn't clump my lashes
~no smudging or flaking
~1 coat can be used as a natural everyday look, while 3 coats can give you dramatic nighttime lashes
~holds curl
~deosn't leave my lashes feeling stiff and brittle

CONS:
~There's always a little mascara at the tip of the wand, so i either have to wipe it off or be careful when applying it

A little more information about Volum' Express Turbo Boost mascara...

Wand: Average sized that comes to a slight point (I said SLIGHT)
Price: Super cheap! Ranges from $8-10 (US dollars).
Packaging: Dark navy blue with name of mascara in silver. Tube is somewhat bulky, but not extremely big and can still fit in even very tiny purses
Formula: Does not have a strong scent and is not too watery or too thick

I think this may become my new HG mascara, replacing my full n' soft by Maybelline.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

this was somewhere around $7 CDN. This had the potential of being the best mascara i've tried. The regular version is good, but I like the wp better. No clumps or flakes, but weighs down my lashes when i apply more than 2 coats. This is not for you if you want soft, natural lashes. it lasted approx 4-5 months. Unfortunately, i get raccoon eyes and lose my curl even when the weather is slightly humid. Will not repurchase unless i can't find something better

on 12/9/2007 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

After reading all the reviews here I decided to get one of these babys since they were having a BOGO SALE. I got and tried it right away and holy it DID volumize but not alot and did lengthed a bit, partially curl, the best part was that it didnt clump unless i put on like 8 layers. I paired it up w/ define-a-lash and it did wonders on my eyelashes but i had to comb it out since it clumped from my excessive layering. One of my complaints is that the tube is fat and annoying but I LOVE the product. Im thinking of going back and restock on these! DEFIANTLY REPURCHASING!

on 11/19/2007 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It does give quite a lot of volume with a single coat, but it's very sticky and quite clumpy. However, take this review into consideration only if you're a beginner at applying mascara like I was about 3 years ago. I suspect that it was probably because I didn't know about wiping the mascara brush with some tissue and applying it after curling my eyelashes. But this tip here you can all read it - it really is sticky.

on 1/22/2005 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Warm

I was kinda disapointed because it didn't curl my lashes and was very smugable. It also made the skin around my eyes itchy.

on 3/25/2004 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara!!! Id it had the scent of YSl Faux cils, it's be no. 1. This is one of the only mascaras that actually hold my curl, is actually waterproof but comes off w/ just olive oil easily and does exactly what it says and more!!! I love this, thank god, I bought three tubes. On the other hand, I don't really like the regular turbo mascara...