Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.5

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

OMG, worst mascara ever! I don't know if I got a bad tube or what but this was the clumpiest thing I've ever had to deal with. After just 1 coat, my lashes became spider legs (did I mention I was arachnophobic?) and flaked into my eyes within a couple hours.

I love Maybelline mascaras but this was just the worst beauty product I've ever tried. After just two uses, this was in the trash.

I don't get all the rave reviews about this, but then again, there is a possibility that I got a bad tube.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff claims to add five times the volume to your lashes and fails to deliver. It builds minimal length and no real thickness. Formula is dry and clumpy and hard to wash off to boot. Stick to the regular Volum Express mascara-it's great and works very well. Would never repurchase this.

on 5/14/2004 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ick!! This stuff is awful. It's a thick mascara that makes my lashes look short, stubby and clumpy. I could not get it to coat my lashes evenly. This, along with great lash, is pretty darn lousy.

on 6/14/2008 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This gave me crunchy, spidery lashes even after I wiped the brush. The effects were lackluster--I think it may even have straightened my curled lashes. Big thumbs down, back to Full and Soft.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I'd been searching for a more dramatic, volumizing mascara, and I really wanted to like this one. Unfortunately, this did nothing but clump, and definitely didnt give me the volume that I was looking for.
If I wiped the wand off before applying, and used a few coats, combing my lashes with a comb between each coat...then my lashes would look good, but I don't want to work that hard for decent lashes. I'll stick with Full and Soft.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i bought this mascara on a whim because it was on sale in target and i thought that the whole volumizing thing would work. this mascara is really really hard to apply because the brush is really big and it smudges like crazy. this mascara does indeed make my lashes look full and long, but if i don't apply it properly it becomes super clumpy. i hate that it smudges and by the end of the day, i end up with huge racoon eyes and it looks absolutely horrible. i went swimming once in this mascara thinking that it is waterproof, but when i was done, the mascara was smudged all around my eyes and it looked ghastly. what's even worse is that this is the hardest to remove mascara i have ever used in my life! makeup remover does not work, and using a cleanser doesn't work - i have to slather vaseline onto my eyes to get rid of all the mascara, and that is just gross and it makes me breakout. sometimes vaseline doesn't even remove all the makeup and it takes about 2 more days for all the mascara to be gone! plus, this mascara is soooo harsh on lashes and makes them fall out. not good at all. this is a worst mascara ever.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like the XXL better. With this one, I have to wear the Sky High Curves first, then the Volume Express, then Sky High again to make my lashes look good..I wouldn't buy it again.

on 3/28/2005 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Mediocre. Selected WnW and NYC mascaras are better in my opinion. Formula is dry, it doesn't go on well, weighs the lashes down and doesn't build up volume. Tends to create spidery lashes. Hard to wash off.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

OH well, had high hopes for this one,with a name like "turbo Boost" imagine what went through my mind..eyelashes out to the sky..not a chance. All this stuff does is thicken and the one good thing I will say is the clumping is minimal. But lengthening..4 get it girls...yuk and double yuk. I have thin blonde non-existant eyelashes and it does barely nothing for them, stick to the best in the biz, Mac fiber rich..

on 5/8/2013 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have the "newer" version in the black and orange tube. I changed my review and added a lippie because I've come to like this more than before. It still isn't a favorite of mine, BUT, I love how it doesn't budge....sweat, pool....it lasts and lasts. I also noticed adding several coats quickly makes a big difference in length and volume. My first impression was not great, but it really builds to a decent mascara.